Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Please read and comment

Im getting kinda bored (again)
    Last time was when "gifting" was implemented, and so I started up a reputable trade post.

Once again, Im bored, I have 3 cap jobs, every swamp pink, and sold off 90% of my items in a 2mil gross.
    Now once again, Im left wondering how I can amuse myself, while also benefiting my community.

I have been thinking of 2 things for about a week now, that i'd like to share and get feedback on. so PLEASE I beg for constructive feedback.

IDEA 1)forming a charity, this I would need others to help donate, and not just CRAP. which would of course need a THREAD (sorry forum only, no street beggers allowed here) for WORKING individuals, the casual players that may not be able to afford the best gear. And yes, I would research your activity to make sure you are a good player that does do work and maybe doesnt have luck on thier side, not just spams in town.
    (really good info on this page 3)

Feedback) Im unsure about this becuase the dropping prices, however again still some are out of reach to alot of people, and new expansion soon will start the hording up again. It COULD be possible if I could get some players who are somewhat selfless. Along this, there would be credit for the "angels" and maybe new friendships. Again this is HUGE toss up and risk.

IDEA 2)WEEKLY LOTTO, again this would have to be FORUM ONLY, and I would either need to get a random number generator, or go by a real lotto number on TV. I'd also need to make a character strickly for this as it will be NON profit for myself, just entertainment.

Feedback)again, I know people are kinda penny pincers these days, and unless many played (say 1k per ticket, thats not alot if only 15 people play, or 10k per ticket maybe too much for some to gamble. Flipside if it was over 100 people the thread would be MASSIVE and well tons of work to maintain)
    Secondly, some people may not trust me or even know me would prolly have no interest.

EDIT: IDEA 3) SCAVENGER HUNT, possible 3-5 items per day until new dungon release (possible after) would be a variety of items ranging from clear to pink (example Amethyst gem sword, frog hunter bow, blue mage garb, ice staff of the owl, conquerors wing shield) that would only need by shown to pass on on to the next round and day. Obtianed through already existing items, farmed, or bought, as long as all reqs met.

Feedback)Hmmm would there be an entry fee? and exactly what would the end prize be? What if more than 1 finish? how would winning be split? and ovbiously I cant be on 24/7?

Overall) so Please share your ideas, or maybe different ones to add. I'd LOVE to do something outside the box that benefits the community and YOU.
    If I dont get responses Ill just let the ideas die.
    Last edited by Tobikuma; 06-06-2010 at 04:00 PM.
    Tobikuma/Duciel/Thorulf - Alterra