Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop System Change Coming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Drop System Change Coming

Will there be a change to the drop system to the upcoming update? ...As I was doing Sewer Catacombs runs for 7straight hours and about 12 hours overall..(lot at work lol) and missed 1 pink recurve and got nothing/nada I just got a little annoyed at the drop system. I think the drop system shouldn't be completely luck, it should based on "DROPoints" like couple of mmos.

Example: John receives High Value Pink in a team of 3 people
    The other two gain "ValueDrop Points" so they gain a higher chance of receiving a drop next time compared to another person who doesnt have as much drop points
    "DropPoints" lower everyday or startover if the user gets a high value item

Off Topic but anyone have any tips on What should I do ? Because I am trying to get better gear as a 55 Pure Int but no luck whatsoever...I hear Plasma Pyramid but how much cash /per hr is that?
    I been doing Catacombs ALL WEEK and NO Pinks at all Lol..

Guardian of Alterra DawnInfinity's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    *Follow my blog, and I'll love you forever *
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    She's not hot, she's sexy. Sexy steph
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    does it matter? we all praise and adore your presence, may your light fall upon our eyes...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I recommended something like this a while back. The drop system how it is now seems off to me. I like the idea of a progressive drop chance increase with every completed map or boss kill etc. It's a bitter taste to grind for hours and hour of the day, just at a chance to get an item to get nothing in the end.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Should change your title -- sounds like you have news rather than a suggestion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    Should change your title -- sounds like you have news rather than a suggestion.
    Agreed
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

this thread will have a lot views LOL!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I don't know what the hourly rate is since it depends on how fast you can run it, but Plasma is ~2500 gold each complete run if you solo it.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Plasma is like 3-4k for me.
    I thought there was a suggestion thread on the forums you know..-./

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i like that idea. at first, it stays random. however, if a pink drops for someone else, you get a small drop percentage increase (maybe just for that specific boss) and when you finally get a pink it resets.
    actually makes good sense.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I like the idea. My wife has gotten 7 pinks in the last week, between recipes and items. I got 2 in 3 weeks while doing xp runs from 25k up, and on wicked pot. I hear others complain of never getting drops, while others get them all the time. Something does seem off to this current random system. This idea would bring a more even drop system, per person, while keeping the actual item dropped random
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZHEOTARE View Post
    I like the idea. My wife has gotten 7 pinks in the last week, between recipes and items. I got 2 in 3 weeks while doing xp runs from 25k up, and on wicked pot. I hear others complain of never getting drops, while others get them all the time. Something does seem off to this current random system. This idea would bring a more even drop system, per person, while keeping the actual item dropped random
    But this would wreck the economy. Not that I care, but there would be a lot of outrage about it. It would cause all item prices to go dirt cheap. Unless it was like .001 % added each run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Clodoveo View Post
    Will there be a change to the drop system to the upcoming update? ...As I was doing Sewer Catacombs runs for 7straight hours and about 12 hours overall..(lot at work lol) and missed 1 pink recurve and got nothing/nada I just got a little annoyed at the drop system. I think the drop system shouldn't be completely luck, it should based on "DROPoints" like couple of mmos.

Example: John receives High Value Pink in a team of 3 people
    The other two gain "ValueDrop Points" so they gain a higher chance of receiving a drop next time compared to another person who doesnt have as much drop points
    "DropPoints" lower everyday or startover if the user gets a high value item

Off Topic but anyone have any tips on What should I do ? Because I am trying to get better gear as a 55 Pure Int but no luck whatsoever...I hear Plasma Pyramid but how much cash /per hr is that?
    I been doing Catacombs ALL WEEK and NO Pinks at all Lol..
    well sounds like not seeing pinks is your problem, i cant even find a purple lol

and usually the only greens i get are useless (to me) wands

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by noobmigo View Post
    But this would wreck the economy. Not that I care, but there would be a lot of outrage about it. It would cause all item prices to go dirt cheap. Unless it was like .001 % added each run.
    nah. if drop rates are kept low from the start, like a good rarity item should be, then you should be rewarded for lots of farming anyway. the randomness is still there, but you can now experience a higher chance of items. frankly, the drop rates are not what needs fixing, it may be the difficulty.

the devs have yet to fix the catacombs trash heap room, since gas no longer hurts you. I REALLY ENJOYED the movement and timing aspect, more so than gurg, because it was a measurable trap system that you could evade and buff up for. saying "stay with me to live" and being the only one to notice the gas patter was awesome.

to the point/away from tangent: if devs make games more difficult, then it becomes more fun and a better challenge, and make it harder to actually get a drop.

I have been looking for a reason to post this again...

i miss the pre nerf ao3, really got the team together. i also bet it kept pinks down...
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

It wouldn't wreck the economy. Even if drop rate stayed the same. Unless you mean economy of the peeps who get all the drops currently. In reality, there are people who are too lazy to farm, so there will always be buyers.
    Zheobird Level 71 Full Dex
    Zheomage Level 71 Full Int
    ZheobearLevel 71 Dual Dex

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Actually it wouldn't affect the market at ALL, it wouldn't effect the boss monster drop, it ONLY diverses the people who get it so you actually get rewarded for playing lot. So there would still be the same amount of items EXCEPT it would be usually in hands of people who work for it. OFC it doesn't mean lot of time spent means 100% drops, it just fluctuates

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Actually it wouldn't affect the market at ALL, it wouldn't effect the boss monster drop, it ONLY diverses the people who get it so you actually get rewarded for playing lot. So there would still be the same amount of items EXCEPT it would be usually in hands of people who work for it. OFC it doesn't mean lot of time spent means 100% drops, it just fluctuates
    It would. There would be definitely more drops.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It seems that if this system were implemented prices for rare gear would drop... That's good if you're buying I guess
    Brotherhood / 兄弟盟 - A guild for 1337 players
    Doapsaint Level 55 Pure Dex Birdie | Supahsaint Level 15 Str/Dex Bear
    Progress to 56 |▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓|

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    i like that idea. at first, it stays random. however, if a pink drops for someone else, you get a small drop percentage increase (maybe just for that specific boss) and when you finally get a pink it resets.
    actually makes good sense.
    I dislike the idea, it will be abused like the runescape 26k trick AND the mini boss trick.

in the old style of pvp that took over wildy - you could build "potential" and get insane drops, while only risking 26k. Best I think I ever saw was a player got 18m off of a 26k trick that took 10 minutes to do.

Then the mini boss trick - you build a drop rate potential for each boss killed in runescape, mini bosses included. So if you kill a boss and get a bad loot/another player gets a good loot/or die at the boss, your odds of getting a good item increase. So players would jump into parties, kill the mini bosses, and leave. Leaving a player or small group of people to solo, and generally destroy parties. Then there were the suicide runners. Basically, they would join a boss party in welfare gear, or without any gear at all. They would let the boss kill them, and they would come right back over and over again. After about a hour of doing this, their drop potential was pretty much maxed out. Almost guaranteeing an item worth more than 1 million gold. Which for hourly farming, is pretty dang good. But this also drives prices of items way down.

I can just tell that similar things would be happening in pocket legends. Like people would host a game, fill it up, go host a new one, fill it up. Then leave and boot a player from the first game, and run all the way to the boss, kill the boss, then boot someone from the other game, run to the boss and kill the boss. Anything that offers a higher potential to get rich will be abused. No one can abuse "Random drops" and a players "Luck" to hit a random drop of their choice.
    Last edited by Pharcyde; 07-04-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It would. There would be definitely more drops.
    How would there be more drops...? The drop rate doesnt change, only who gets it...

Pharcycle I have no clue what you are talking about. Leaving and not killing the boss would not increase the Drop points chance at all. You have to kill the boss and get lucky if your teams get a good pink item, and when you do : Use the average price of the item in CS and divide it into number of team members.

Example" A gets 20k item in 4 Man team
    5K Drop Point is given to every player

It doesn't have to be for EVERY item, just pinks. Since number of items in this game is ridiculous
    Last edited by Clodoveo; 07-04-2011 at 10:03 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

How would there be more drops...? The drop rate doesnt change, only who gets it...
    because it would build up your potential.

Players A,B,C,D,E enter Party 1

Player A gets a high value item

Player B,C,D,E get a 0.001% increased drop rate on a high value item.

Process repeats the next 9 games, and player A doesn't get another pink, nor does B,C,D,E.

Player A has a 0.009% drop increase.
    Players B,C,D,E have a 0.010% drop increase.

Combined, they have a 0.049% drop increase.

Players Z,G,X,W,H enter Party 2

Same process occurs.

Party two has a 0.049% drop increase

Combined, they have 0.098% drop increase.

Repeat the process with 20 parties, thats a 0.98 drop increase.

Repeat the process with 200 parties, thats a 9.8% drop increase.

Repeat the process with 2000 parties, thats a 98% drop increase.

Theres what? Usually about 400-500 games going on at a given time? We will go with 10 minutes per party, with 3 players instead of 5, 500 games, for a hour.

3000 games with 3 people, lasting 10 minutes per game a hour. 117% drop increase.

Now lets take 24 hours.

2,808% drop increase