Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Coming Soon to Arcane Legends: Skill Mastery!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    This looks great. The lifegiver sapling thing is useless IMO. 4% health is nothing, especially if u have to stand in 1 spot for 4 seconds. A more realistic number would be 50-75%.

Reducing mana cost of fireball is also useless. Mana means nothing to mages. Give us a good dot proc like rogues got with nox bolt.
    If im reading it correctly, that's's per level (point) ....
    so at level 10 it'd be 40% hp for 4 sec

If they take your suggestion, it'd be 500-750% hp at level 10, which will be immortal smurf .....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Combat Medic Mastery: Medic packs now also replenish 0.33 Mana per point, per character level
    Oh wow.. revenge of the mana.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    If im reading it correctly, that's's per level (point) ....
    so at level 10 it'd be 40% hp for 4 sec

If they take your suggestion, it'd be 500-750% hp at level 10, which will be immortal smurf .....
    From the Main post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Remiem View Post
    Lifegiver Mastery: Lifegiver Sapling - there is a 2.5% chance per point to spawn a sapling at a healed group members location. Saplings remain stationary, and heal any allies within a 4m radius for 1% health per tick at a rate of one tick per seconds for 4 seconds. If a player remains in that location they will heal for 4% of their max life over 4 seconds.
    This says that every mastery point adds a 2.5% chance of the sapling spawning with 10 skill points maxing it at a 25% chance to spawn a sapling per cast of heal.

The HP return is a maximum of 4%. The player recieves +1% of their max HP per second. I.e., a warrior will regain more HP per second than a mage.

Taking into account that maxing the skill only gives you a 1/4 chance of spawning a stationary heal of 4%, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile mastery.

---

Gale Force clearing stat debuffs, Frost Bolt having a chance to freeze any target (even bosses), Arcane Shield's additional damage absorption, and Time Shift having a chance at permanent stun in PvE were the mage highlights imo.
    Last edited by Crowsfoot; 02-24-2016 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

I wish STS had called this skill specialization, not skill mastery. This is not skill mastery. There are no skill trees, no difficult trials, nothing to earn, and nothing to master. This is exactly the same system as before. You get a skill point each time you level up and spend it. Done.

It was a misnomer to call it skill mastery because that got the hopes of many, including myself, way too high. I know it's partly my fault, but... meh.

That being said, I do like the new skill specializations. Some of them are really cool. Like many players have already stated, some of these skills are still very broken and need to be fixed or there's no point in specializing in them. I am excited to have more options to spend skill points in.
    Last edited by Niixed; 02-24-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Member Arlorian Realtors Association

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    From the Main post:This says that every mastery point adds a 2.5% chance of the sapling spawning with 10 skill points maxing it at a 25% chance to spawn a sapling per cast of heal.

The HP return is a maximum of 4%. The player recieves +1% of their max HP per second. I.e., a warrior will regain more HP per second than a mage.

Taking into account that maxing the skill only gives you a 1/4 chance of spawning a stationary heal of 4%, it doesn't seem like a worthwhile mastery.

---

Gale Force clearing stat debuffs, Frost Bolt having a chance to freeze any target (even bosses), Arcane Shield's additional damage absorption, and Time Shift having a chance at permanent stun in PvE were the mage highlights imo.
    hmmm my bad, apparently i omited the part regarding the rate when i first read it lol.

and ya, i'm looking forward to the gale mastery too .
    I'm iffy on TimeShift though ..... unless "weak enemy" = all mobs.... but then why don't say all mobs ? ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    528 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    hmmm my bad, apparently i omited the part regarding the rate when i first read it lol.

and ya, i'm looking forward to the gale mastery too .
    I'm iffy on TimeShift though ..... unless "weak enemy" = all mobs.... but then why don't say all mobs ? ._.
    I've made the assumption that "weak mobs" refers to the mobs that can currently be rooted by clocks. I.e., basic mele and Archer units, but not armored, large, or specialized units.

I included some math and assumption along with some questions about clocks in an earlier reply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crowsfoot View Post
    I've made the assumption that "weak mobs" refers to the mobs that can currently be rooted by clocks. I.e., basic mele and Archer units, but not armored, large, or specialized units.

I included some math and assumption along with some questions about clocks in an earlier reply.
    i saw, it seems nice, but sucks that the annoying and unstunable ones cannot be permastuned :/ <--- just me ranting lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

wew, finally what i'm waiting for
    wishing for another new skill will added too
    Need your own Signature with Guaranteed Quality?
    Check it out Here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Am at lvl 42 currently and spent all my skill points does that mean that I can't access those masteries?

Sent from my YU5010 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

hmmmm, sry for being negative, but it will take 40 skill points to completely upgrade all our 4 slotted skills, are you telling us there won't be something new about the skill until we reached lvl 80 cap?

can i ask for skillset switch button instead? :P and increased passive level, not decreased one, non percentage based passive are started to losing its effectiveness....

thanks
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

GG sts waited 2 years for this.... Why not make new skills? Instead of adding upgrades to the same old ones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah I feel like new skills will be cool too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

i dont see any usefull masteries for rogue except aimed shot in pvp ground, sss aoe upgrades are broken already, adding nox dot lenght is laughable u can stack poison dot dmg twice and nox cd is only 2 sec, veil upgrade lv10 is 2.5dmg ? paragem ftw, trap mastery reduces cd meanwhile we already have adept construction upgrade which allow us to ignore cd , razor shield 10%dmg reduction ? nekro ftw, shadow pierce mastery 10skill points for 5% heal ? we already have 10% heal with shadow absorption with only 1 skill point xD, beside of that u will nerf critical passive kinda saddening me

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debitmandiri For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Is the skill point mastery basically for endgame users?
    Cause IF NOT then 10 points into a specific skill to see a good effect is too much and a waste at low lvl pvp....I just tried it and in order to have ten points free I scarificed a lot to get it and I'm lvl 22. There's no joy in making it available starting at 20s if it forces us to sacrifice so much points for such little effects...

Honestly... Majority of players was expecting NEW SKILL TALENTS TO LEARN...NOT mini UPGRADES FOR THE OLD TALENTS THEY LEARNED 3!!!!!!! YEARS AGO! LOL!
    Last edited by Skvll; 02-24-2016 at 10:51 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Skvll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I played this game for 3 years and hoping one day I'll see new skills to learn and all we get is mini upgrades? Nothing really changes in AL expect the campaigns/events... Sts could have made skill mastery with 10 OPTIONS to our old skills for example. Windmill mastery could have 10 different effects to CHOOOOOOSE FROM. Like a vortex that pulls players in. Or another option like a stun. Or a dot option. Or a no GLOBAL COOLDOWN. Or reduced time on windmill. Or a stun immunity option.....etc but that'll be really OP so why not make it to where you can only choose 3 options from that skill mastery you choosed from.....THIS IS MY SUGGESTION.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Skvll For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

My suggestion would create a lot more variety just saying -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debitmandiri View Post
    i dont see any usefull masteries for rogue except aimed shot in pvp ground, sss aoe upgrades are broken already, adding nox dot lenght is laughable u can stack poison dot dmg twice and nox cd is only 2 sec, veil upgrade lv10 is 2.5dmg ? paragem ftw, trap mastery reduces cd meanwhile we already have adept construction upgrade which allow us to ignore cd , razor shield 10%dmg reduction ? nekro ftw, shadow pierce mastery 10skill points for 5% heal ? we already have 10% heal with shadow absorption with only 1 skill point xD, beside of that u will nerf critical passive kinda saddening me
    Yeah agree, they need to fix sss aoe and add better auto target too , as for trap mastery reduce cd will be more op if bleed can stack, but if only...

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

I feel that you guys should implement a PvE/PvP swap-out system, because with a skill system like this, every time people want to PvP and then switch to PvE, they'll have to respec, and vice versa. PvP and PvE builds are different enough, I don't see how it's going to work at all with the mastery system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

thank you for the heads up

Warrior

Skyward Smash Mastery: Increase the Impact Radius of Skyward Smash by 0.25m per point
    (-) no maximum target increase
    (+) can get some aoe without charging it
    Vengeful Blood Mastery: Vengeful Blood cool down is reduced by 0.5sec per point
    (+) a simple upgrade, and work fabulously with other 4 upgrades
    Windmill Mastery: Increase Critical chance by 0.25% per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points
    (+) the effect multiply greatly with all upgrade, imagine snaring and hitting 8 enemies 4 times in one spell
    Rallying Cry Mastery: Add 0.125 STR per point, per level while Rallying Cry is active
    (+) a great and explicit scalable upgrade
    (-) rally cry have been lacking a lot, i'm hoping for a simple aoe increase
    Juggernaut Mastery: Juggernaut cooldown reduced by 0.5 sec per point
    (+) simply good
    Horn of Renew Mastery: Horn of Renew now adds 0.4 armor per point, per caster level, while the heal over time effect is active
    (+) great and scalable,
    (-) most players will only feel small benefits, because out of 7.5s effect, we are mostly invulnerable for 3s, and have a great healing over time
    Chest Splitter Mastery: Chest Splitter Mana cost reduced by 2% per point
    (+) probably good in pvp, but i'm not pvp players
    (-) underwhelming in pve
    Axe Throw Mastery: Axe Throw applies a DoT that lasts 5 seconds, each tick deals damage and has a 10% chance per point to taunt the afflicted enemy. Ticks every 0.5 seconds.
    (+) ultimate taunt, pve only
    (-) dot punish players way too much under curse-based spell (and similar mechanic, e.g. healing chance of juggernaut), and we can't control/turn off this upgrade

Rogue

Shadow Storm Mastery: Increase the effective AOE range of Shadow Storm by 0.25m per point, and increase the maximum number of targets by 1 for every 2 points.
    (+) can potentially make sss a mobs buster
    (-) a bit out of topic: regular upgrade of aoe and increased target are not working
    Shadow Veil Mastery: Buffs allies inside Shadow Veil an additional 0.25 Damage per point
    (+) simply great
    (-) 10 skill points is too expensive for 2.5 damage increase, but then again we have nothing else favorable to upgrade
    Shadow Piercer Mastery: Shadow Piercer now heals for an additional 0.5% of players max health per point. This effect stacks with the Shadow Absorption Upgrade.
    (+) probably good in pvp
    (-) insignificant in pve
    Razor Shield Mastery: Reduces damage taken with Razor Shield active by 1.0% per point
    (+) might be good
    (-) razor has longest cooldown from all rogue's skill (although it is only 20s) but considering the effective time and long cooldown, this upgrade might give a lot lesser benefit than the other
    Noxious Bolt Mastery: Increase DoT length 0.4 seconds per point, and DoT tick damage by 1.0% per point
    (+) might be the most offensive upgrade from all other skills
    (-) punish rogues longer for curse-based spell, and rogue can't manually control it either
    Entangling Trap Mastery: Reduces Cooldown of Entangling Trap by 0.25 sec per point
    (+) simple but good
    Combat Medic Mastery: Medic packs now also replenish 0.33 Mana per point, per character level
    (+) give rogues what they need, mana
    (-) i don't think 150-ish mana is significant for capped player
    Aimed Shot Mastery: Reduce Mana cost of Aim Shot by 2% per point
    (+) effects will be greatly multiplied by short cooldown, out of 10 arrows, will get 1 free
    (-) too expensive for 10 skill points
    (-) less significant in pve

Sorcerer

Arcane Shield Mastery: Increase the amount Arcane Shield can absorb by 1.5% per point
    (+) simply great
    (-) can't help much against 1hkoes
    Curse Mastery: Curse now reduces target's chance to Crit by 1.0% per point.
    (+) great, but i don't think curse is an easy to be used skill
    (-) too expensive for 10 skill points
    (-) a so-so upgrade for unpopular skill
    Fireball Mastery: Reduce Mana Cost of fireball by 2% per point
    (-) pretty sure mage doesn't need mana discount for this 4s cooldown spell
    Frost Bolt Mastery: Frost Bolt has a 0.4% chance per point to freeze an enemy, boss, or player for 2 seconds
    (+) give mage a real chance to be useful in boss fights without relying on weapons
    (-) 4% chance in every 3s spell is too sad, take an example at 10% panic chance for each second in samael's passive, yet no one using samael for boss fight, please consider the frequency too
    Gale Force Mastery: Casting Gale Force adds a buff that lasts 0.4 seconds per point, and ticks every 0.4 seconds. Each tick removes any negative effects on the Sorcerer. (Bleed, slow, freeze, stun, etc)
    (+) nuff said, the best defensive upgrade in my opinion, just wish i can control gale when to dash, and when to not
    Lifegiver Mastery: Lifegiver Sapling - there is a 2.5% chance per point to spawn a sapling at a healed group members location. Saplings remain stationary, and heal any allies within a 4m radius for 1% health per tick at a rate of one tick per seconds for 4 seconds. If a player remains in that location they will heal for 4% of their max life over 4 seconds.
    (=) what effect is upgraded by each mastery point is not explicitly described here, might be good/bad
    Lightning Mastery: Increases Lightning Damage by 1% per point
    (+) simply good
    Time Shift Mastery: Time Shift has a 0.35% chance per tick to freeze weaker enemies in between time and space indefinitely, stunning them permanently. Weaker enemies do not include players or bosses.
    (+) great, especially taking consideration that it can happen each ticks
    (-) way too specific benefit, only for weak mobs which can easily frozen/knocked down

damage passive -> thank you for the change, although i think it is too small for 1 skill points, let's say without a pet a rogue can reach 700 damage with 400% bonus damage, a previous 5% damage can give the rogue 35 damage, but with this, the rogue can only get 10 damage... barely far from equal effectiveness. the difference will be less for warrior though.
    crit passive -> mixed feeling on this, as i don't think 5% is too big for 5 skill points

skill point is expensive, for many of the upgrades, i think you failed to value the greatness for each skill point
    also for some upgrade you didn't correctly consider the frequency for each skill, applied effects on ticks, and cooldown of spells need to be thought carefully
    Last edited by extrapayah; 02-25-2016 at 06:34 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thundyrz View Post
    I wish STS had called this skill specialization, not skill mastery. This is not skill mastery. There are no skill trees, no difficult trials, nothing to earn, and nothing to master. This is exactly the same system as before. You get a skill point each time you level up and spend it. Done.

It was a misnomer to call it skill mastery because that got the hopes of many, including myself, way too high. I know it's partly my fault, but... meh.

That being said, I do like the new skill specializations. Some of them are really cool. Like many players have already stated, some of these skills are still very broken and need to be fixed or there's no point in specializing in them. I am excited to have more options to spend skill points in.
    that's rite, here is one of good example what skill mastery should

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I think it would be neat to add a full-power bonus to the skill masteries that are 10/10. Like for example, if one has Fireball maxed to 10/10, the skill has a chance to proc additional, smaller firecrackers within the radius of the explosion adding smaller damage ticks. Shadow piercer can have a chance to proc a shadow-double that would spawn and hit another nearby enemy (once per skill use). Etc. Etc.