Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Feedback] Rogue Armor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Default [Feedback] Rogue Armor

Always believed that sts has the community's best interest in mind. Not this time. The new armor nerf for rogues for ALL levels was not required for class balance and this is coming from somebody who has been playing on all 3 classes. At endgame, we have the buffed arcane sword and new jugg buffs which are more than enough to make warrior op. The rogue nerf on armor was not required. If anything, mages' armor could have been buffed instead of the nerf on rogues.

At twink pvp brackets, before the nerf even, rogues were already getting swapped out by the team for mages and warriors. The warrior's Galen Maul which reduces armor (by a glitch that has remained unfixed due to sts neglect) and also tosses out multiple proc patches (mage and rogue weapons toss out only 1 proc patch at a time) already put warriors at an advantage. Toor AA reduces armor too already.

Before the nerf, all the classes could kill each other with equal odds. The situation was close to being balanced. The new armor nerf on rogues may have been implemented to make rogues and mages at the same level but it just worsens rogues. Rogues have no stun immunity shield, no stun skills like fireball.

Over time, mages and warriors have had their damage increasing Lets not forget the wonderful buff-debuff system which cancels out pet's bonus dmg for rogues (due to 10% dmg nerf) in pvp and the damage gap it creates between rogues and mages/warriors. In clashes now, more than ever, rogues are the most unwanted of the lot because the other classes already are dealing enough damage and surviving while at it.

I cant doubt that sts is also aware of the consequences of this new nerf on twink players. Maybe the idea is to get twinks to endgame. The option to disable xp could have been removed to put an end to twinking, if desired. Why even have that option if the idea is to force twinks to go endgame by making changes that affects gameplay negatively?

Damage nerf. Crit nerf. Armor nerf. With all this, no pet dmg% boost in pvp. No stun immunity shield against the other classes which have increasing damage and buffs. The reason is "rogues have become tankier", but mages and tanks are dealing more and more damage too. I believe this decision was made with the expectation that godly maxed rogues will include other classes in their party for their PVE runs. For one aspect of the game, another has been sacrificed. This is not balance.

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Zynzyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I honestly wouldn't have mind a armor nerf as long as we got a damage buff. Because the universal crit nerf hurt all of us.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Legallyblonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Rogues weren't suppose to have that much armor. You are just used to it being so high (for a rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

The armor nerf was not needed. I was already getting 1-shotted before the nerf as it was. What's the point of being a rogue now since everything is dumbed down.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Tried soloing the arena with my rogue just now and due to the armor nerf on rogues i was farming deaths lol

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk
    Add me on game or here in forums IGN Fiuaskes (only accepting lvl 41).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Time to leave rogues and move to warrior and mage class hahahahaha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Let's not forget that roges are the only class that can crit 8k damage in PvP >.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    Let's not forget that roges are the only class that can crit 8k damage in PvP >.<
    Sorcerers can also crit up to 7K if armor reductions are in play. 8K is when armor reductions are in play as well.

If the idea is to make rogues glass cannons, then please give us back our damage. Developers keep giving this class nerf after nerf while other classes get buff after buff. We are all patiently waiting for developers to say something that will help relieve our anxiety!

Heck, some rogues even participated and supported other class buffs...myself included. Things were balanced before...now, they simply are not. So many people are complaining, STG, so this can't have been the right decision.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    403 Posts

About time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Sorcerers can also crit up to 7K if armor reductions are in play. 8K is when armor reductions are in play as well.

If the idea is to make rogues glass cannons, then please give us back our damage. Developers keep giving this class nerf after nerf while other classes get buff after buff. We are all patiently waiting for developers to say something that will help relieve our anxiety!

Heck, some rogues even participated and supported other class buffs...myself included. Things were balanced before...now, they simply are not. So many people are complaining, STG, so this can't have been the right decision.
    I totally agree with this.. Classes were pretty good balanced before armor nerf. Why did you sts nerfe rogue's armor? In most rpg games warrior style character is strongest then comes ROGUE and then mage. now rogue and mage has same armor but mage has shield skill so it makes mage better..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nabhunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

they should design weapons, gears, map difficulty, and system that gives a non-dps class in pve to have enough damage output to not slowing party runs,
    and then reduce the damage equally to all classes in pvp, to make fights between players last long enough

reducing (only) rogues' armor is definitely not a wise idea...
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lvlzone View Post
    First damage, now armor... I bet next season our crit will be also nerfed! Let's see the true, game is now more unbalanced then before. Time to swap for mage or warrior?

Not next season. This latest update has already nerfed rogue crit while buffing warriors jugg. The problem is that somebody went ahead and decided that rogue armor too needs a nerf and that too for ALL levels. Thats going overboard with nerfs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Give back my armor pls..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Remiem!. U should play rog twink low lvl..,

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Meenmoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Please give back armor and crit. This is not balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Better remove rogue armor debuff (Aimed shot skill) and make the others normal. Rogue hit very hard because of this actually.
    D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

All this new stuff being changed is just a massive facepalm.

-Rogues nerfed
    -Warriors buffed
    -Sns 1k tokens
    -Fat Dova
    - (un) Retired -

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    All this new stuff being changed is just a massive facepalm.

-Rogues nerfed
    -Warriors buffed
    -Sns 1k tokens
    -Fat Dova
    The rogue armor nerf was so insane, I almost double-checked the calender to see if it is 1st of April already.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earlingstad For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default Finally a balanced nerf :)

People complaining about how rogues don't have any shield, well they have insane crits. If you're dying easy on pvp then blame your team play not your character. The way we should determine if a character is overpowered is when we play duel. each class have their own weak point and their advantage. and the key to wining should be how well you understand your opponent and how well you time your skill, and needless to mention the gears comparatively. rogues have been playing for long with the upper hand so i know you feel scared to face this fair challenge but don't be, just learn to tackle your opponent with skill not with advantage. but now that there will be skill mastery no one can cry to sts about being the op class anymore since its about building your character yourself to gain the upper hand gg sts. For example in dota 2, it totally depends on the items we build. If we go for pure dps we lack in damage, mana, magic resistance, armor, escape and so on. or if we go for pure damage build as powerful as we might be from range we will be a squishy one when we encounter close combat
    so no more crying let your skill decide if you win or not.
    "steel wins battle, gold wins war"

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulfric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric View Post
    People complaining about how rogues don't have any shield, well they have insane crits. If you're dying easy on pvp then blame your team play not your character. The way we should determine if a character is overpowered is when we play duel. each class have their own weak point and their advantage. and the key to wining should be how well you understand your opponent and how well you time your skill, and needless to mention the gears comparatively. rogues have been playing for long with the upper hand so i know you feel scared to face this fair challenge but don't be, just learn to tackle your opponent with skill not with advantage. but now that there will be skill mastery no one can cry to sts about being the op class anymore since its about building your character yourself to gain the upper hand gg sts. For example in dota 2, it totally depends on the items we build. If we go for pure dps we lack in damage, mana, magic resistance, armor, escape and so on. or if we go for pure damage build as powerful as we might be from range we will be a squishy one when we encounter close combat
    so no more crying let your skill decide if you win or not.
    What use is any crit when the new arcane's AA cancels it out?
    - (un) Retired -