Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights of Cydonia - a helpful, friendly guild, welcomes all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olz View Post
    How recent because I though recruiting had been stopped at the moment? 
    Relax. We will get to you when we can. Patience, young padawan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing:460616
    Since im not about to compete with the lag of the koc boards, i have no choice but to post here.

And skav youll probably have no clue whats going on so i suggest you talk to eba before you read this.

And to all non-koc members i suggest you also not read this or flame it because you will get nailed by KOC's members for minding ur own business

To all those who were there...
    I personally apologize for what happened that night when i recruited a member i "wasnt supposed to"...Especially to all the officers who i unthinkedly went out at. I guess i shouldve checked with Skav before doing anything, but anyway in truly sorry and will leave KOC alone for the rest of sl...Newt, Star, Eba especially and the other officers: i have no clue what got into me and i dont deserve a guild as good as yours. I hope you understand why im leaving.

Thx,
    Moth

EDIT: i probably totally just spoiled KOC's good reputation to everybody else. Just to let you all know...The problems me, not KOC, please dont ignore them for this, and if Skav gets any issues i hope he comes to me.
    Hey Moth, we all have blowouts sometimes. I'm pretty depressed that you left and hope you change your mind buddy, if not, you know I'll still be there for ya if you need anything. Ciao for nao my Mothy friend.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Hey Moth, we all have blowouts sometimes. I'm pretty depressed that you left and hope you change your mind buddy, if not, you know I'll still be there for ya if you need anything. Ciao for nao my Mothy friend.
    Ill think on it. I still feel i dont deserve to come back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Since im not about to compete with the lag of the koc boards, i have no choice but to post here.

And skav youll probably have no clue whats going on so i suggest you talk to eba before you read this.

And to all non-koc members i suggest you also not read this or flame it because you will get nailed by KOC's members for minding ur own business

To all those who were there...
    I personally apologize for what happened that night when i recruited a member i "wasnt supposed to"...Especially to all the officers who i unthinkedly went out at. I guess i shouldve checked with Skav before doing anything, but anyway in truly sorry and will leave KOC alone for the rest of sl...Newt, Star, Eba especially and the other officers: i have no clue what got into me and i dont deserve a guild as good as yours. I hope you understand why im leaving.

Thx,
    Moth

EDIT: i probably totally just spoiled KOC's good reputation to everybody else. Just to let you all know...The problems me, not KOC, please dont ignore them for this, and if Skav gets any issues i hope he comes to me.
    just saw this now so i'll respond even though i already talked to you eb and star. Eb's right, we all have blowouts. nothing but love here moth. also, dont think you "ruined KoC's good reputation" because the fact that we were able to work this out civilly after we all calmed down less than a day later shows the exact opposite. nobody is perfect, i know i am far from it, but if we can all try out best to overcome our mistakes and faults, we end up being better people because of it. c ya in the GH!
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Since there are still many posts about recruiting here, i want to say that there is a sticky on the recruitment forum section of the KoC forum explaining that recruitment is on hold and that further details will be provided when available. Sorry for the inconvenience. You can still post your application. We are reading them, and when we are recruiting again, we will find you in game and on our forum site to find out if you are still interested in joining. On the KoC forum, if you "watch" the thread that you post you application in (pretty sure it is a default setting) you will get an email when an officer or anyone else responds to it. I'll make sure to respond to all new applications once recruiting has opened up again, unless another officer has quicker fingers than me and gets there first.

There is a link to the KoC forum in my sig as well if anyone needs it.
    Thanks for your patience :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

how do i join? im really interested in an active guild that will help me out from time to time. thanks!!!
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow....I leave on vacation for a month, and my officer status got revoked faster than Randy Johnson's fastball. WTH guys?!?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This guild rox guys! Join it!
    IGN: Mastercon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joker2wild View Post
    Wow....I leave on vacation for a month, and my officer status got revoked faster than Randy Johnson's fastball. WTH guys?!?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    We recently demoted a lot of officers due to a few reasons, including inactivity. Pm me, ebalere or mayhem in game and we can discuss this further with you
    Skavengr - lvl56 dual spec tank/bow bear, Alameina - lvl56 full mega int mage, MegaDooomer - lvl56 full custom dex bird

Skavenger - commando, Skavengr - engineer, MegaDooomer - operative
    Quote Originally Posted by Morawk View Post
    Your Int is only 1. You should not even be able to form words in your mouth lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slush View Post
    They're noobs, what do you expect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

message removed
    Last edited by DRONE769; 02-18-2018 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    how do i join? im really interested in an active guild that will help me out from time to time. thanks!!!
    Go to kocguild DOT com and check out the recruitment section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    Look at my post directly above this one you posted for intructions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by skavenger216 View Post
    We recently demoted a lot of officers due to a few reasons, including inactivity. Pm me, ebalere or mayhem in game and we can discuss this further with you
    I can understand where you are coming from. But, after informing several ppl including a few officers and GM of my absence, I cannot be made to understand that my demotion while gone was a "necessary function " for guild stability. This a flipping game for enjoyment, and this structure of guild politics is the MAIN reason I quit other mmo's

sent from my ICS - powered NS4G

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

The guild forums might be a better place for this discussion.

-----
    Sent from my Evo 3D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joker2wild View Post
    I can understand where you are coming from. But, after informing several ppl including a few officers and GM of my absence, I cannot be made to understand that my demotion while gone was a "necessary function " for guild stability. This a flipping game for enjoyment, and this structure of guild politics is the MAIN reason I quit other mmo's

Hey joker, tbh...i think you couldve just handled this by talking to skav in game. Im sure he wouldve understood and promoted u right away. But i think the reason for all these demotions is because the gm's want a good group of highly active responsible players. And the officers we have right now are a great example of that. Imo, its awesome being in a guild and not having the stressful job of an officer. I just like to hang low and dodge all the drama. Then again thats just my opinion. But you dont need to get all uppidy on this page because ur not an officer.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    The guild forums might be a better place for this discussion.

-----
    Sent from my Evo 3D
    I agree 100%

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Hey joker, tbh...i think you couldve just handled this by talking to skav in game. Im sure he wouldve understood and promoted u right away. But i think the reason for all these demotions is because the gm's want a good group of highly active responsible players. And the officers we have right now are a great example of that. Imo, its awesome being in a guild and not having the stressful job of an officer. I just like to hang low and dodge all the drama. Then again thats just my opinion. But you dont need to get all uppidy on this page because ur not an officer.

I agree 100%
    You know Moth, you are 100% right. It could have been handled differently, But from coming in from the ground floor, helping ppl grind, donating a crap ton of stuff to the guild bank, etc, My reward was to be made an officer. I was real proud of that, but all of sudden I had to bounce out of the country, make sure my younger brother was ok, make sure I kept my job, and when I come back to run with my guild, I find that I got demoted for no other reason than "stream lining" the guild, as if be inactive for a good reason was seriously effecting the entire guild. I had dealt with the same crap in other mmos, and essentially got burnt out. When I try to make a come back in a guild I see that nothing per say has changed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

@joker, have u checked ur pms here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Hey Joker,

Although you probably deserved your rank much more than me, I'm in pretty much the same position. I've also lost my officer status because I had real life stuff to tend to. And the scarce hours I was online, all the GM's were not, because of time zones.

I too was slightly disappointed, because, like you, I had done all I could for the guild, helping people grind, donating stuff, etc. But being an officer is considered a job rather than a symbol of status or a reward for invested effort. We didn't show up for a while. Now, we lost our rank. BUT we're still welcome in the company and hopefully our previous contributions will put us first in line for a (re) promotion.

PL and SL were intended as casual games, that can also be played for just 15 minutes and are easy to get back into if you've been offline for a while. But (apparently) that changes a bit in the group dynamics of a guild.

I'm sure that when the guild becomes more stable, one can only loose a rank for intentionally doing something bad to the guild. Then it would be considered an honour to be an officer, rather than just a job.

But for now, they have a young, starting guild to manage and I'm sure these decisions were taken with care.
    NachtElfje - mage / engi ~ BloedElfje - op / vampire

www.infiniteunion.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Um I thought the gm would like to know that today I got let in by a officer the beginning of his name was fire then I can't remember rest and then I have lunch come back and I get kicked out by blind for no reason!!!
    I thought u lot would like to know.
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olz View Post
    Um I thought the gm would like to know that today I got let in by a officer the beginning of his name was fire then I can't remember rest and then I have lunch come back and I get kicked out by blind for no reason!!!
    I thought u lot would like to know.
    You were clearly told on both sts and koc forums that we are not recruiting currently. When i saw your threads and then found you got recruited in the game, i booted you. And don't worry fireman is gonna be dealt with the same way.

EDIT: Sorry if i sounded harsh, it's not your fault after all.
    Last edited by Blind; 10-30-2011 at 08:53 AM.
    It was fun while it lasted.