Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Regarding stuns in maps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Good info, thanks. I haven't gotten to do enough running to do full testing (or any testing at all that would provide real results due to lag), I just wanted to relay my initial impressions. With the current server situation, it's pointless to even log in though.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Ironbite is worth a try too. Clears all stun and slow effects and buffs for 225 armor. Hey Rogues, i repeat: it buffs armor Now find a pet that buffs damage reduction on top...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Ironbite is worth a try too. Clears all stun and slow effects and buffs for 225 armor. Hey Rogues, i repeat: it buffs armor Now find a pet that buffs damage reduction on top...
    Its not a pet, but the skill shadow veil works reduces the damage & hit chance of baddies within the area by 15%
    Avy
    12-2012

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Try shadowlurk (yes I have a odd assortment of pets) does the same as as scorn but without the armor debuff

If you ever want to try something fun, get a party together with ribbit , shadowlurk, stanlee , and Ewin

Pushes rogues crit close to 100% and warriors damage through the roof

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to konafez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Orange orb towers slows and damages the affected player, the farther away you get from the tower, the slower you are, the closer you are, the more dmg you receive. BUT if you destroy the tower when the player is out of range the orb continues to affect the player until the next orange tower is summoned and destroyed.

The biggest problem is the orb ignore their immunity.

Name:  Captura de tela de 2016-04-03 17:37:54.png
Views: 329
Size:  252.2 KB

10. The Following User Says Thank You to soon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    The biggest problem is the orb ignore their immunity.

Name:  Captura de tela de 2016-04-03 17:37:54.png
Views: 329
Size:  252.2 KB

I dont use razor. But this needs to be fixed, post this on the tech issues & bugs in new thread so the devs can review it
    Avy
    12-2012

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

From a warrior perspective. Biggest issue for us is that stuns in the new map ignore the stun immunity and movement impairment upgrade of juggernaut skill. Its either the mobs stuns are bugged or the juggernaut skill upgrade itself is bugged.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Midievalmodel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Midievalmodel View Post
    From a warrior perspective. Biggest issue for us is that stuns in the new map ignore the stun immunity and movement impairment upgrade of juggernaut skill. Its either the mobs stuns are bugged or the juggernaut skill upgrade itself is bugged.
    Pretty sure it is the mob stuns that are bugged. Razor immunity is not working either.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Tried both Ironbite and Nilbog earlier. The warrior in my party said he preferred Ironbite as he felt its cooldown is shorter, but I felt that the run was easier when he used Nilbog, because it not only removed movement impairment, but DoT as well. Will test more when I'm done leveling and can wean myself from Abaddon.

Bumpity! The stunvaganza needs to be looked into.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    Tried both Ironbite and Nilbog earlier. The warrior in my party said he preferred Ironbite as he felt its cooldown is shorter, but I felt that the run was easier when he used Nilbog, because it not only removed movement impairment, but DoT as well. Will test more when I'm done leveling and can wean myself from Abaddon.

Bumpity! The stunvaganza needs to be looked into.
    That is interesting, i will test Nilbog next. My favourite Antistun pet so far is Ironbite too, as i can use it too secure big mob pulls with armor buff or free allies. he also has a stun chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Gotta love Nilbog. I found the orb fireballs were avoidable, unless lag got in the way.

Star light, star bright...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I ran the new maps with a group consisting of two rogues, a tank, a sorc and breezed through easily. 200+ runs later and my conclusion is that the normal map is way too easy! Will run elites later to see how much harder it really is with all the so called stuns, but I think the maps are way too easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    I agree, and I am a mage who doesn't use arcane shield (at least in normal maps), and although I have nekro, I find toor better for these maps. The chain stun is pretty intense.

Maybe a slight reduction in the time of the stun (from the bugs)
    I think gale storm mastery is good against chain stuns??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

yeah stun, I find this challenging. I don't mind, even I don't have nekro. I usually get long-chained stun in other game.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

the difficulty is outrageous, in a perspective of new players, running new maps will only discourage playing more, dailies reward doesn't even cover 1/2 the cost of running a single map with new players' gear, and not even leveling in new map is better, old map still more effective, and rewards from boss doesn't even helping running the map easier, there is simply no clear roadmap for new players, and there is no viable strategy for new players to play the map, they simply need to overpower with gears, and then they can go rambo
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    the difficulty is outrageous, in a perspective of new players, running new maps will only discourage playing more, dailies reward doesn't even cover 1/2 the cost of running a single map with new players' gear, and not even leveling in new map is better, old map still more effective, and rewards from boss doesn't even helping running the map easier, there is simply no clear roadmap for new players, and there is no viable strategy for new players to play the map, they simply need to overpower with gears, and then they can go rambo
    These maps are not about op gear & crying first blood... They are about party mechanics, pets used & skill knowledge. (I am using all old gear, nothing over lvl46, using various pets. I swap with Nilbog & Sam.) These maps are very creative with several different challenges found in one group of mobs. The worst of all evils are the little bald headed gnomes carrying the green mushroom type of back pack

*Tip* this has been useful for me: (if you're playing rogue & using arcane daggers) charge auto attack, it stuns. I start to charge before coming up on the spiders, letting the tank grab aggro, then release auto charge next to mob, most times (unless lag causes auto not to relase) it will stun some of the mob, this can also make daggs proc . Charging auto attack on bow will stun too, but only one baddie at a time.

**The mobs that are ignoring stun immunity needs to be fixed.**
    Last edited by Avaree; 04-05-2016 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Added tip
    Avy
    12-2012

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

i dont know though .... new players aren't suppose to go to this map, they have to go through all the previous maps first and potentially learn how to play in that period of time.

If everything is dumb-down so that "new players", who have no ideas of game mechanics and tactics, can go through, that'd be one boring game offering no challenges .... imo....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I would say the Glintstone maps difficulty is just about right. The mobs health and armor are not ridiculously high, but their variety and unique attacks do make the maps more challenging, requiring more strategies in terms of kill prioritizing, choices of pets and skills and when to time them, and team work. The maps are tough to solo because at any time there are various attacks being hurled at you, and you need a team to share missions with: kill gnome mage; bust the orb; grab hibiscus buff, etc. These are maps made with full party in mind, it seems. With the new players having been given free mythics, I would say as long as they don't give up easily and learn fast, the new maps may prove to be a decent leveling location and if you take into account the jewels and coins, not so shabby a farming place either. I've run the new maps with PUGs and there are times when they quit. But here's the thing, the players who have been endgame longer, with more experienced in running difficult maps, they stick around. The people who I've seen on elite Rengol maps farming fangs or in Planar Tombs, they stick it out. Those with the telltale itty bitty kill count of new players who instaboosted their way to 46 give up sooner and lack the confidence to trio or duo when others poof.

But I agree the bosses should drop more profitably farmable items.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 04-05-2016 at 02:22 PM.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Where else should seasoned players find a challenge here in your opinion?
    I really enjoy the new maps as teamwork over all classes and clever pet choices are rewarded over gear. Everyone has about the same gear by now, old or new, and you don t need expensive pets to master the maps. You just need teamwork and coordination, as it should be.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

I agree that the new maps are better run with a party. I find chaining nekro very useful, especially for luring the spiders. However, I wish the mobs don't ignore juggernaut and razor shield. Tanks would be much appreciated in party if they can time jugg CD with luring mobs. Since razor shield is pretty useless, I use SSS instead. Helps in killing while staying out of those nasty pools.