Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What do you do for a living?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default What do you do for a living?

Simpe discussion thread about what you currently do or plan to do for a living.

Me. I currently work at Red Lobster as a waiter (Only 17), but after college I plan on becoming an architect. This has always been my dream. Since being a little kid, I've always built things out of legos, blocks, etc... My ultimate plan to accomplish is to move to Australia and build an underwater hotel (Or at least partly submerged) right beside the Great Coral Reef. I mean, who wouldn't want to look out your window to see a school of fish or a shark swim by?

Now it's your turn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

full ride student... I study play games and thetas about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Sad to say, you're dream will never happen.

1) The great barrier reef is dying due to global warming. You might want to hurry up before it all dies and becomes just dead coral.
    2) Because its dying, there are already alot of limitations on it. I highly doubt they will allow underwater construction next to it.

Me? I'm an internet troll. I roam around forums making snide witting retorts and I get paid in the tears and whimpers of my victims.

/ oh hai~!
    /

IGN: Igglebob , Moondrake

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I'm a drug dealer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    Sad to say, you're dream will never happen.

1) The great barrier reef is dying due to global warming. You might want to hurry up before it all dies and becomes just dead coral.
    2) Because its dying, there are already alot of limitations on it. I highly doubt they will allow underwater construction next to it.

Me? I'm an internet troll. I roam around forums making snide witting retorts and I get paid in the tears and whimpers of my victims.

Then I shall build my underwater hotel in a man-made, giant tank of water filled with fake coral and a variety of aquatic life that will be well provided for by my personal aquatic assistants/trainers. (Dont ruin this for me. Remember, this is my life dream.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post

lol!

I'm a college graduate with a degree in math. So obviously, I work in retail. Hopefully getting a job at Dartmouth soon though.
    Last edited by HectorCruz; 06-08-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I'm a very expensive baby sitter ...err manager at a retail store =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im at college doing art... have no job but want to be an Architect/ 3D designer

IM BACK BABY!
    DEATHLYKNIGHT-DEATHLYRANGER-DEATHLYMAGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rebel-
    Keep your dreams. Hold them close. Don't let anyone spoil them. Science makes incredible advances daily. Don't give up on The Barrier Reef yet... I for one, will come w my husband to your hotel for a vacation when it's built. It's a lovely idea. It ranks up there with a hotel made of ice - and they make it every year! ANYTHING is possible!

I taught three-year-olds for a few years which was a blast! Now I've come back to my dream & what my undergrad & grad work was in: English Literature... I'm taking photographs for a book I'm writing for children and preparing to start writing a book along the lines of the Lemony Snicket tomes... Not sure how it will go... But i'll find out!
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Furrawn View Post
    Rebel-
    Keep your dreams. Hold them close. Don't let anyone spoil them. Science makes incredible advances daily. Don't give up on The Barrier Reef yet... I for one, will come w my husband to your hotel for a vacation when it's built. It's a lovely idea. It ranks up there with a hotel made of ice - and they make it every year! ANYTHING is possible!

I taught three-year-olds for a few years which was a blast! Now I've come back to my dream & what my undergrad & grad work was in: English Literature... I'm taking photographs for a book I'm writing for children and preparing to start writing a book along the lines of the Lemony Snicket tomes... Not sure how it will go... But i'll find out!
    Thanks for the encouragement! I will also make sure to read your book when it's completed.

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #11
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

I have worked in retail, waited tables, tended bars, drawn a lot of other peoples ideas, programmed, designed, done a lot of page layout, and ultimately made games. Follow your heart... you can do whatever you want to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lol my life reads like a FBI serial killer alert, I've worked in pickle factories, managed a slaughter house, I even worked as a carnie lol. What do I do now? I'm a musician traveling with my death metal band. Dreams are dreams, as long as you work hard and keep reality in perspective you can do whatever you want and find ways to enjoy the life your given.
    Theomegaman - lvl 50 dex bird
    lostviking - lvl 13 warrior (work in progress)
    OrganDonor - Warbird (work in progress)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Much respect to 2 quotes above me... My dream would be just about anything near a beach. I've considered the coast guard and taking on being a life guard as a career and hobby. I can never get enough, I'm a living fish, but not near an ocean. Not yet anyway.

Level 45 Archer - Pex
    Among the first archers on Pocket Legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PvP View Post
    Much respect to 2 quotes above me... My dream would be just about anything near a beach. I've considered the coast guard and taking on being a life guard as a career and hobby. I can never get enough, I'm a living fish, but not near an ocean. Not yet anyway.
    Same here! I've always loved the ocean and all aquatic life. Australia has always been my lifelong dream place to live. Right on the coast!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I live about 15 minutes from the ocean...I hardly ever go. Shame on me. BUt it's such a chore to take the kids.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8799&dateline=1275592  200
    ♪♫♬signature by Rebel♬♫♪

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avadonna View Post
    I live about 15 minutes from the ocean...I hardly ever go. Shame on me. BUt it's such a chore to take the kids.
    I'm so dissapointed in you...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm graduating with my degree in pyschology on Saturday and... Surprise... I'll be in school for the next 6 years, still. Eventually I'd like to either be in practice as a neurologist or doing research for a pharmaceuticals company.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm a senior college student, studying mechanical engineering. I also sell silver bullion via a web site (my company).
    Proud Forum Guild member.
    Mobdropper - 35 Mage
    Berigut - 35 Dex Bear
    Archang - 35 Dex Mage