Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Alienating Solo Players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Alienating Solo Players

So I just ran Elite Ren'Gol (solo, as I usually do) and it felt more difficult than it did before this week's update. The mobs are hitting harder, and possibly even have more health. I consider myself relatively well geared - I'm using Nekro and razor shield mastery with arcane and mythic gear, yet I'm still finding myself going from full health to 0 health in an instant from some auto attacks by the mobs. This didn't happen to me before the update. I know that a lot of players don't run maps by themselves, but it would be nice if the game stayed possible to play solo at end game. I don't want it easy by any means, but I see no reason for difficulty to be "padded" up like other maps have been in the past, especially without any new loot in the maps. Maybe it's just a way for STS to push the new set onto us and force us into getting rid of our old gear. Either way, I'm finding it very impractical (almost impossible) to effectively solo elite Ren'Gol like I did before. I just want the game to be playable at end game without needing a full party of maxed gear players.

EDIT: After trying out some other maps, after hearing that other people are having similar issues, I am CONVINCED that level 56 elite mobs have been given a damage boost. I tried out elite Shuyal, elite Tindirin and elite Ren'Gol and they all feel like they are doing more damage than before.
    Last edited by DarrenPR; 04-23-2016 at 05:13 PM.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to DarrenPR For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I think if it has been padded, it's been in anticipation of the new set. STG most likely wants you to use the new sets in both Ren'Gol and Glintstone. However, that being said, I too don't see a reason to pad anything yet when not one person even has the set. If set gets to be more common, then that makes sense.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

i guess it may be bc of the team changes? so full partys have it easier than solo players?

-loli

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post
    So I just ran Elite Ren'Gol (solo, as I usually do) and it felt more difficult than it did before this week's update. The mobs are hitting harder, and possibly even have more health. I consider myself relatively well geared - I'm using Nekro and razor shield mastery with arcane and mythic gear, yet I'm still finding myself going from full health to 0 health in an instant from some auto attacks by the mobs. This didn't happen to me before the update. I know that a lot of players don't run maps by themselves, but it would be nice if the game stayed possible to play solo at end game. I don't want it easy by any means, but I see no reason for difficulty to be "padded" up like other maps have been in the past, especially without any new loot in the maps. Maybe it's just a way for STS to push the new set onto us and force us into getting rid of our old gear. Either way, I'm finding it very impractical (almost impossible) to effectively solo elite Ren'Gol like I did before. I just want the game to be playable at end game without needing a full party of maxed gear players.
    Interesting, to my knowledge no change of this sort has intentionally gone in except for the Time Shift Freeze immunity on Orc Shamans and Hulking Brutes for PvE balance reasons.
    Last edited by Carapace; 04-23-2016 at 01:49 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

A lot of players do play solo.

The whole "pick up and play" concept of the game means that this needs to be allowed for. It's not "pick up, spend half an hour waiting for a party, and have to log off before you get to run". I don't think it should be easy to solo, but if someone's got the gear and the skill, they should be able to manage most things on their own. I also wonder about these "party" bonuses and how much they will unbalance things for those in solo parties.
    Last edited by Serancha; 04-23-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Interesting, to my knowledge no change of this sort has intentionally gone in except for the Time Shift Freeze immunity on Orc Shamans and Hulking Brutes for PvE balance reasons.
    Just be sure to keep us solo players in mind when you're moving forward with development. I don't want end game to become impossible to do solo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Well definitely is harder now. We did rest of 500boss ap there so we can judge it pretty well.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

11. The Following User Says Thank You to stricker20000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Rengol aka Glinstone Cavern maps seem to have scaled up to your level.
    I used to be very easily able to run the normal maps with lepre but now even with AR & PP the mobs have become killers for me at lv56. I run with the underhul mythics which have added armor. I think our 46 gears are not viable on any maps from rengol & above & hence we are feeling the increased difficulty.
    Jus my 2 coins

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Mobs deal more damage and have more hp. Interesting, that devs don't know about this. Interesting too, that devs give out important infos in chat box. Sorry for rant , but really ????!!!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Faliziaga For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Please reconfirm as i myself solo a lot and i can confirm based on my runs that there is a significant increase in mob difficulty. I usually solo shuyal and tindrin and i can feel that the mobs are tougher. I honestly thought this was intentional.l but since you mentioned its not, then i might as well inform yah that im experiencing a change in the shuyal and tindrin maps.

Thanks for reading

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    Rengol aka Glinstone Cavern maps seem to have scaled up to your level.
    I used to be very easily able to run the normal maps with lepre but now even with AR & PP the mobs have become killers for me at lv56. I run with the underhul mythics which have added armor. I think our 46 gears are not viable on any maps from rengol & above & hence we are feeling the increased difficulty.
    Jus my 2 coins
    I appreciate the insight, but this is not the difficulty increase I'm noticing. I am comparing lvl 56 cap with 46 armor prior to this week's update and post rogue armor nerf vs today (with same lvl same gears, same everything). I'm aware that the level difference between myself and my 46 gear causes an increase in difficulty, but I put that into consideration when making the original post.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

Yea rengol got scaled up it's way harder at 56 when it should be easier if we're going by common logic

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagleye For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Bump to make post edit relevant - 56 elite mobs are definitely hitting harder now than they were before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

I have also noticed an increased mob difficulty from at least Shuyal elites onwards. Me and some of my guildies were trying to run for Elite APs and we found that the mobs were harder to kill and also hit harder than before this week's update. With the same team (rogue, mage, tank with near-maxed gear) it took us 2 mins more to clear Elite Ashral Tower than before. Don't have screenshots but I will add later if I run the place again.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

I refer to this stuff as the area 51 buff / nerf program ..no one is sure if it was supposed to happen or if someone dropped the ball somewhere

Some elite mobs have been padded

Jewel drops are down to a trickle

I blane aliens ....

The thin line between entertainment and war
    There'll be no shelter here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenPR View Post

EDIT: After trying out some other maps, after hearing that other people are having similar issues, I am CONVINCED that level 56 elite mobs have been given a damage boost. I tried out elite Shuyal, elite Tindirin and elite Ren'Gol and they all feel like they are doing more damage than before.
    Your level was 56?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by konafez View Post
    I refer to this stuff as the area 51 buff / nerf program ..no one is sure if it was supposed to happen or if someone dropped the ball somewhere

Some elite mobs have been padded

Jewel drops are down to a trickle

I blane aliens ....
    A lot of time in development, when you change one thing, it has multiple unintended consequences. Sometimes things that are totally unrelated to the thing changed end up altering. I'd go with aliens too though - it's more fun than any technical explanation about property inheritances.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Aliens are always best. And yeah, its hard to tell relationships betw all the different parts sometimes. And at this point, mightbe too diificult to revamp all objects and structures. So definitely, aliens!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

anyway, i also farmed fangs post expansion, until around level 49, solo,

i think there wasn't any change though, but there is (again) an abnormal difficulty jump between level 49-53 mobs, because at 53, mobs already have almost double health and more than 150% damage (in example a suicidal orc archer usually hits me 4k without durability upgrade, now 7k, with durability upgrade), and the difficulty jump is happening on every scaled up maps, except normal tindirin which stop scaling at 52.

so devs might not be wrong saying that they aren't changing anything, they only followed a flawed scaling formula that has been there since expansion
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

The M in MMO means multiplayer. Its not a solo player game. Most of the "balance issues" arise because the loners among us unnecessarily view it from a single-player perspective. The game needs to be viewed as a team game and changes should be made while always prioritizing this aspect - play together as a team. Maps should not be possible to be done solo.

Like PVE, PVP should also be played as a team-game. In PVP in other games its been seen that "ganking" is a strategy. If you are jungling solo when it is time to gang enemies, you are deemed a noob. And in AL, in team game of 5 and 5, players strut around judging themselves and those around them based on solo v solo. That perspective needs to change and focus of the game needs to go to "playing as a party/team". Unnecessary nerfs to classes and "balance problems" have arisen out of this "solo outlook" in a multiplayer game.

What we need in the game - combined skills (that requires all 3 classes), harder mobs on pve maps, team victories for pvp.
    Last edited by Earlingstad; 04-24-2016 at 08:00 AM.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Earlingstad For This Useful Post: