Thread: Concerning Elite Runner Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Default Concerning Elite Runner Chests

Hey all, this thread is in regards to the newly introduced Elite Runner Chests, particularly the Gold version.
    These chests are something to look forward to whilst grinding those pesky elites for Aps/Chests/Teeth and much much more. They are something that us farmers can look forward to looting to make a bit of gold on the side of running these elites. However, when I look in cs the Gold version (highest rank) is just 12k already. When I looked at the loot, at first I was amazed at how the price could be so low but then I seen that, for example, it only grants 1 Crate Key and 1 Ankh. These are some of the stuff people should be happy to get when the open the chests but unfortunately it does not seem so. From what I know, Tindirin maps and up drop these gold chests. For what these maps cost to run in pots and ankhs, it is just not worth either selling they chest for 12k or opening it for the chance at the ever depreciating price of jewel elixirs.
    The idea was great but the prizes are just not worth the gold spent to run these elites. What I can suggest is:

-remove diamond/lightning/nature/water jewel elixirs from Gold Elite Runner Chests
    -increase the ankh/key bundle to 10
    -increase potions in Gold Elite Runner Chests to 200 (100 is the same as silver..)
    -increase the gold in Gold Elite Runner Chests to 25k
    -add liquidation price to untradeables/elixirs

-perhaps a higher ranked chest that can be crafted with 1 gold, 2 silver, 3 bronze chests NEW
    *something a lot more valuable would be nice in the chests (old arcane eggs? old mythic eggs?) NOT THIS

Also the general elixirs (e.g. speed/dr/damage) are not tradeable which I found is kinda upsetting.

Thanks and if you have any ideas definitely share in this thread!

-Hail
    Last edited by Hail; 05-10-2016 at 07:46 AM.
    - (un) Retired -

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Hail For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

+1
    #11characters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

+1

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LG-D405 met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

They should add Planar fragment / Orc fang / Runes/ Some Elite chest and many more but not ARCANE / Mythic items
    So that it would be more fun to hunt / open them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Yeah I wasn't set on the Eggs, but something with a small bit of value would be nice. But then again, unless it had the drop rates like old arcanes/mythics, it would probably ruin the price in no time.
    Thanks for your opinions

I find a big problem is the silver and gold loot are almost exact. And it is a LOT easier getting silver runner chests (kraken - shuyal) opposed to gold runner chests (tindirin and up)
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Personally I would like guaranteed at least 1 crate key per chest + the other loot, only primary and chaos jewel elixirs (no trashy ones), and small chance at old arcane eggs.
    Ign - Coolguymage

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Befs For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Honestly, the silver chests seem better than gold to me. All the gold adds us 1 ankh or 1 crate key. I would rather have a better chance at a jewel elixir.

Please put silver in higher tier maps and gold in the middle ones.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Please remove diamond, nature, water jewel elixiers from gold chests.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Oezheasate For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Personally I would like guaranteed at least 1 crate key per chest + the other loot, only primary and chaos jewel elixirs (no trashy ones), and small chance at old arcane eggs.
    The way these chests are dropping, jewels and old arcane eggs would become devalued extremely quickly. No, I am happy with them throwing in nature, water and diamond jewels as a way to prevent primary jewel elixirs from becoming too common. Same reasoning as to why I think the old arcane egg suggestion is a bad idea for the economy.

One solution could be to slap a 2-5k melting price for all jewel elixirs (only water, nature, diamond and maybe lightning would be melted so it's a way for us to get some extra gold from useless loot).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Asking for any mythic or arcane item is really unreasonable. These gold runner chests are pretty easy to get (hint: luck elix helps ALOT). Then how do they make money to pay salaries if everything is for free? I do agree the 1 crate key is too little, perhaps it should be set to 5 so you can at least open a regular locked crate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    The way these chests are dropping, jewels and old arcane eggs would become devalued extremely quickly. No, I am happy with them throwing in nature, water and diamond jewels as a way to prevent primary jewel elixirs from becoming too common. Same reasoning as to why I think the old arcane egg suggestion is a bad idea for the economy.

One solution could be to slap a 2-5k melting price for all jewel elixirs (only water, nature, diamond and maybe lightning would be melted so it's a way for us to get some extra gold from useless loot).
    Keep in mind you need 15 keys for one massive, and event if gold chests were only 10k, that would be 150k for one massive opening (not counting price of chest).
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

agree with raising the insides' quality of gold chest, but sts might be right in being stingy for crate keys and gold, but for ankhs, potions, untradeable elixirs, those are things that will be eventually be used by the farmers

and protect the farmers by making them all untradeable, including the chests, but raise amount of potions and ankhs, keep them unprofitable, but sustainable
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Befs View Post
    Keep in mind you need 15 keys for one massive, and event if gold chests were only 10k, that would be 150k for one massive opening (not counting price of chest).
    I didn't say anything about crate keys in my reply. I was referring to removing certain jewel elixirs and adding arcane eggs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    I didn't say anything about crate keys in my reply. I was referring to removing certain jewel elixirs and adding arcane eggs.
    arcane eggs should just drop from the already created elite chests you obtain by bosses. This chest was just meant to give us small rewards, not a huge loot like an arcane egg. Increasing key/ankh bundle should be the maximum sts should do

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fear View Post
    arcane eggs should just drop from the already created elite chests you obtain by bosses. This chest was just meant to give us small rewards, not a huge loot like an arcane egg. Increasing key/ankh bundle should be the maximum sts should do
    I agree. That's why I spoke against having arcane eggs added to the drop table.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Added a suggestion! What do you guys think of a higher ranked chest that would be crafted with a variety of the lower chests - perhaps this chest could introduce more ankhs/keys and remove the n/w/d/l jewels

Also thanks heaps for the constructive feedback! Hopefully it will reach out to STS to make a more enjoyable farming experience for newer and older players alike.
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I feel they don't drop enough

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

-remove lightning/water jewel elixirs from Gold Elite Runner Chests
    -increase the ankh/key bundle to 5
    -increase potions in Gold Elite Runner Chests to 200 (100 is the same as silver..)

I support the ideas of the points above but i think that ankh/keys should be no more than 5, 10 just seems too much to be honest, but it would of course be nice, just seems to much for me. We asked for something which would make the old elite maps come alive again, so i think it will be a pity if they drop 10 ankhs and keys which is a lot.

Proposal on things that i think should be added:
    • Intact Orc Fang
    • 3 or 5 Planar Essence (To craft to fragments)
    • Effigy
    Collector of items for all classes.