Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About the Difficulty of the Game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Default About the Difficulty of the Game

As the expansions are starting to roll in each year, they just keep getting harder and harder. It's fine for dungeons to be hard,but I feel like its just too ridiculous. I mean what is the next expansion going to be like? Is it going to be just as hard as fighting the elite version of the Cryostar? But I feel like certain things in this expansion have yet to be adjusted. First off, the damage needs to be adjusted on Hugal. He does way too much damage and can kill a mage in 1-3 hits. That is way too much and it gets reduced to 1-2 hits when he gets enraged. The worst part is that 2 of his attacks can one shot a mage. The first attack is his smash wind-up attack (that attack with the small red circle). If you have no shield you are pretty much dead,but if you have a shield,he might be able to finish you off with just one more hit. His second attack that one shots mages is his axe throw. He only uses this attack if you stand too far away from him,so it forces you to get close and personal with him which you might get one shotted either way. Now it just seems like I'm just making this post because I'm a mage and I tend to get one shot a lot,but I'm just talking about mage's as reference to the difficulty of certain things because they are squishy. Squishy PLAYERS (not just some mages,but rogues too) do need a chance too and I think that the smallest number of hits to kill a mage should be raised from 1 to 2 hits and should be a 1 hit if it's a critical hit. Another thing is that the Goblin event was too easy for end gamers and too hard for early gamers. Also,4/5 bosses were just plain pathetic because they could just be frozen by Time Shift Mastery and it's pretty much an instant win. The difficulty curve for this game is starting to go all over the place (kinda like this post) and needs some stabilization.

I'm just proposing a few very slight tuning to the enemies (not to the point where its sugar-coated) and make sure that areas have a somewhat similar difficulty range for all levels of players. Maybe I'm just complaining about the difficulty because of my addiction to doing solo runs and I mean it's fine if StS doesn't wanna nerf some enemies, though I think the biggest offender to this whole difficulty issue is the elite Cryostar boss. Now I understand that elite endgame is kinda meant to be doable for the medium to high geared players and can take up to at most an hour and a half to do,but I was trying to slay this boss in a pt with decently-geared buddies and it took us 3 hours just to try and we eventually just gave up (we tried almost every trick in the book and it somehow didn't go well for us) so definitely do some slight tuning for the elite version of the Cryostar. Also, I know I'm sounding like Underhul is like the most impossible undoable place ever, but it is definitely doable and is easy with a team,but I just think that the way the enemies are is a bit too harsh on resources (pots,ankhs,etc) for normal runs and it makes it harder for the lower tier lvl 56 players to make a bit more gold because they have to consume more materials and use more gold to buy materials more frequently.
    Last edited by Kaziscate; 06-02-2016 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

agree to some degree :P, the difficulty curve jumped too high in this expansion... but in my opinion, hugal's 1hkoes are quite justified, because as you said, you can keep medium range to not get pulled, and you can avoid the red zone. what i don't like is the red zone (and most other red zones too) can be easily obstructed by many special effects. having the warnings less opaque than most effects is ridiculous, the priority should be reversed, here...
    also some warnings are very intolerate to slight lag, making it almost impossible to be reactive in avoiding the red zone. warnings should be made to be avoidable as soon as player see the warning, but some need the players to move before even seeing the warning...

also, there is the ridiculously high damage from normal hits, which you can only avoid by having high dodge value, a game of luck.

and the necessity of taping potions every seconds, there is no players' judgement involved in it, only indirectly encourage scripting and macro.

also the drop rate for sought items in newer and harder maps doesn't go in line with the game-time needed to farm for it...
    Last edited by extrapayah; 05-31-2016 at 05:15 AM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I totally agree with the extremely high dmg on the underhul maps, both mobs & bosses.
    What is worse is that there is no good 56 gears available yet. I am still using 46 mythic since the 56 are no upgrades to me apart from slight crit or hp at the cost of serious dmg. The new cryo legendaries are also weaker then the initially released 56 legendaries.

The awoken king ate me...so I guess in his stomach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

When there weren't frequent updates and difficult stuff everyone was complaining and now that we have new content, we are still complaining.

Dear STS,
    You cannot do anything to satisfy our stupid hunger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    I totally agree with the extremely high dmg on the underhul maps, both mobs & bosses.
    What is worse is that there is no good 56 gears available yet. I am still using 46 mythic since the 56 are no upgrades to me apart from slight crit or hp at the cost of serious dmg. The new cryo legendaries are also weaker then the initially released 56 legendaries.
    l56 legendaries are actually good, they also have good stat distribution, which if we use jewels as standard of stat conversion, no type is actually better than the other. problem is rogues' and mages' armor value is worse than the bonus mythic...
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    l56 legendaries are actually good, they also have good stat distribution, which if we use jewels as standard of stat conversion, no type is actually better than the other. problem is rogues' and mages' armor value is worse than the bonus mythic...
    Do you think current 56 legendaries can withstand underhul normal & elite?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Wow elites just came out we bairly have any lvl56 gear and u expect to have already master all dungeons? We have ursoth event coming prolly new gear ther and most likly gona have more mythic gear coming soon 2 help us in dungeon. Why don't u just stick to km3 op sounds like it where u belong

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bonjovi3223 View Post
    Do you think current 56 legendaries can withstand underhul normal & elite?
    Normal, yes
    Elite, nah, maby with some parts, but it should not be eighter.
    It should be hard, but with teamwork, maby some sort of strategy and the right pets used.
    I think this is fine as is, it will be easyer when all find out what pets, specs and spellrotation to use and what gear to use (gemming wisely can be a key if u get one shot, i have 6k hp when buffed with effi and cry "pots" but reason is alott of eyes). And even easyer when all get new gear that drop there, elite gold heretic chests seriously underpriced in terms of the new set belt in it o.o
    Better to keep it to hard then flooding the market to fast.

I am mage still in the gear i used at 46. Using dmg and dmg reduc lix effi and new cryo lix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Problem now is reward for effort. Figure damage lix, damage reduction lix, effigy, cry effigy, luck lix, die 4 times (cause in a pug) and loot greens from normal cryostar boss 5 times in a row. Gets to be a bit disheartening.

IGN: Cryformana, Drizzitty
    IGN:

Rogue: Drizzitty
    Mage: Cryformana

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

New areas are always hard. What new area, when introduced, was easy? Come on. Name one. As new areas go, Underhul is fine or easy.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

If we could all run new areas no problem what would be the reason to keep playing? To many players want 3very thing handed 2 them with out having to do any work. I enjoy working hard and feel joy at my hard work when I can compleat a hard dungeon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

You want the game to be difficult. We've tried nerfing maps in past seasons and it ruined the expansion. But, I think these maps are a bit out of control in terms of difficulty. I think a10% or 15% nerf would be in order. I literally die at least 10x before even getting to the boss. So, I just avoid running the maps because it has turned me off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

The thing that makes this worse is how the gear is slightly underpowered. I mean yes the Antignome and the Banished sets aren't so underpowered when 4-5/5 pieces are collected,but those are too rare to get and gear is also another factor in this difficulty curve. It's either a little bit weak, or rare to the point where almost no one has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Rogues are much weaker, they have no shield. What are the status of your mage?

I have a mage and I do not see it so difficult to kill this boss. Remember that the expansion is to level 56.

This is my mage

Name:  Captura de tela de 2016-05-31 18:05:01.png
Views: 397
Size:  568.9 KB
    Last edited by soon; 05-31-2016 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Guys elite have been out what a month??? Yes we should be maxed gear already and able 2 crush elites end of gam e. We don't even have lvl 56 mythics yet and your complaining. There they nerfed a boss for you pls let us know if the boss is still to hard for you cuz we wouldn't want you to try to hard:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerofort View Post
    Guys elite have been out what a month??? Yes we should be maxed gear already and able 2 crush elites end of gam e. We don't even have lvl 56 mythics yet and your complaining. There they nerfed a boss for you pls let us know if the boss is still to hard for you cuz we wouldn't want you to try to hard:/
    They should have nerfded you instead of boss p

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    New areas are always hard. What new area, when introduced, was easy? Come on. Name one. As new areas go, Underhul is fine or easy.
    Rengol elites were pretty easy on release

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts

I could solo glintstone caverns when it launched after I capped. But theres no way I could do that with underhul without a ton of frustration. These maps are definately the hardest and most challenging I've seen in the last 3 years.
    Whether thats good or bad.....well I'm more on the side of bad. Normal should be more reasonable and elite should be the big challenge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Kaziscate, i always admire your threads but at this one i dont think the solution are in nerfs but in release a possible acquirable mythic set for 51 or 56 lvl. We still using 46 for a lvl 56 cap

Enviado de meu XT1523 usando Tapatalk
    IGN: Granitoide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I find it hard to believe that you think this new expansion is harder than Kraken was when it came out, or even Nordr. Or what about Planar tombs? Yes, the last expansion was super easy (way too easy) and maybe it spoiled some of you. But if you are trying to say that this is the hardest expansion ever, then I think maybe you have not played the game through most of the expansions.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: