Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What do you think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stricker20000 View Post
    ...I know what p-value is referring to but I can not reproduce the "course" of the probability in your diagram, e.g. maximum for 1 set item is at 500k trials.
    It's just the PMF of the distribution at 0,1,2,3 and 4 for each curve (its maximum for one is bimodal at 499999 and 500000 trials). Hope that clarifies it for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Lol, a thread where everyone is right. Most of us have been playing since pocket legends time and the question that bothers most is how to drop legendary or vanity items.
    I say play with rogue as its skills have maximum damage and believe in yourself to make your own luck. Also don't be greedy if you get a lemon make a lemonade.
    Python

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

anyway with the tendency of devs saying that it's community who's farming, i can't hold myself of thinking that the drop rate in this game is also affected by community, like how crane machine works (failed attempts from other people help increasing chance for next try).

ofc no exact/definite proofs with this accusation, but assuming people who claimed opened 15k plat and got no samael (at the time when nobody opened crates thanks to waiting for event) is telling the truth, market overflooded with planar pendant recipe, and individually get more recipes even though as individual they plays at similar time, similar length of time, fossils looters from arena, complaints of crates drop rate at the time no one farms for it, it might be true.

and if that's how it works, it's not fair, because players can't see/guess the current droprate
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    It is designed that way, so it can be lended, that was confirmed by Vroom. All in all (Underhuul timed runs aside) it is a very expensive set with limited use and no relevance in pvp. It makes runs exciting because you know you *could* hit the jackpot, but it s not practically farmable.
    As i stated before, thats ok with me as long as there are ways to progress on the new maps without the set. So far this scheme has made poor lucky farmers rich and rich unlucky collectors poor, lol.
    Is there any other reason to run those maps besides looting set? nope. Thats why many stop farming those maps because the only way to get the set is to buy it for millions. Those "exciting" runs stoped being exciting after having done 500+...they are rather frustrating. Farming = useless
    We need party-option for raid! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by p-value View Post
    It's just the PMF of the distribution at 0,1,2,3 and 4 for each curve (its maximum for one is bimodal at 499999 and 500000 trials). Hope that clarifies it for you.
    Yea it seems right to me. I'm just not sure how you calculated the ~0,4 probability for 500k trials? I probably do something wrong but if I calculate it I get something very much lower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    anyway with the tendency of devs saying that it's community who's farming, i can't hold myself of thinking that the drop rate in this game is also affected by community, like how crane machine works (failed attempts from other people help increasing chance for next try).

ofc no exact/definite proofs with this accusation, but assuming people who claimed opened 15k plat and got no samael (at the time when nobody opened crates thanks to waiting for event) is telling the truth, market overflooded with planar pendant recipe, and individually get more recipes even though as individual they plays at similar time, similar length of time, fossils looters from arena, complaints of crates drop rate at the time no one farms for it, it might be true.

and if that's how it works, it's not fair, because players can't see/guess the current droprate
    We were/are thinking that too. Like some "pool" of items, or rather some kind of sequence (like set item every 500k runs). So if nobody plays the maps nobody will loot the item because nobody does the 499.999 runs for other loot. So the hardcore farmers just clear the table from useless stuff for some random guy who kills boss at the right time.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #87
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

We do not do any kind of behind the scenes inflation or manipulation of drop rates based on participation, lack of participation, lack of drop rates, or other factors. The odds are odds and we let probability and RNG take the wheel in all cases.
    Last edited by Carapace; 06-30-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    We do not do any kind of behind the scenes inflation or manipulation of drop rates based on participation, lack of participation, lack of drop rates, or other factors. The odds are odds and we let probability and RNG take the wheel in all cases.
    Developers are the ones who set up the odds to begin with. I don't think anyone is asking for something extraordinary or unprecedented like secret drop rate buffs.

If zero players were participating in farming the antignome set, that wouldn't have any bearing at all on what actions you might take? I hope it would.

I've already decided not to farm or acquire the antignome/banished set, so i don't care much about whether devs change the drop rate now. I'm here trying to change your mind about future decisions. The antignome/banished set has such narrow appeal because it only works in three maps and it is coupled with a ridiculously low drop rate.
    Last edited by Niixed; 06-30-2016 at 10:25 PM. Reason: peacefully wearing the drama cone of shame

Member Arlorian Realtors Association