Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PvP Updates: Proposed Balance Changes (7/21/16)

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Thank you for taking actions, I personally like this fix, if rogues are going to die fast then at least they should deal enough damage to others, mages should think before rushing a rogue because if she survived she can deal a great amount of damage, it just didn't sound fair thst only clashes was for tanks and mages, now rogues will be used as well.

-I am a Mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    give a buff to shadow veil so it can be used in PvP
    How we can use veil with all the glint set tanks out there? Veil will remain useless unless it will make rogue invisible or able to dodge skills, all of these aren't gonna happen im sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

mages crush rogues in clashes coz mages got the invincibility and the insane damage..when rogues got the damage but no defense.....a rogue would be taking damage from the mage and surrounding players...when the mage has that op shield..IMO nerfing shield is needed or nerfing mages damage...
    tanks vs mages...its simple..since that 50% damage reduction to all classes..tanks cant do much damage vs mages since mages can time their nekro followed by arcane shield and on an endless rotation..while tanks got their jugg with a 44 second cd and tanks heal since the 50% damage reduction can barely heal 60-70% of tanks full health...so practically a tank has that nekro shield time plus jugg time to kill the mage..if not killed then definitely mage will win...and since mages can rotate shields they can almost never get stunned..
    a good geared skilled mage can easily beat a good geared skilled tank.....
    same goes for rogues vs mages...all it takes a rogue is to outlive mage shield and rogue wins

rogues should be the main damage dealers in a clash..but who would want a rogue if they can have a mage which will offer support mana/heal/stun and insane damage...and they live longer.....id say keep mage shield as it is just nerf their overall damage
    And rogues definitely dont need to be more tanky! it will only ruin the game more...as their damage is too op.
    and korruption needs a fix as well...it should have the same affect on all classes not just warriors!
    Last edited by ( DAMAGE ); 07-21-2016 at 08:57 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ( DAMAGE ) For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    How we can use veil with all the glint set tanks out there? Veil will remain useless unless it will make rogue invisible or able to dodge skills, all of these aren't gonna happen im sure.
    There is an answer in your question. Play with tanks lol. Try to maintain distance. Axe skill do have cool down. Get the insane buff from veil and party can benefit too may be or maybe not [need to ask Safira]. Btw I see most of the rogues spamming there combo without seeing what's going on. Tips: hit other class when they are invulnerable not when they have invincibility.

Question is what rogue gives in a clash to party? Something maybe nothing . how about they buff other party like HOR benefits whole party. Mage can stun everyone with fire. Something something . why rogues only think about getting the kills? Is KDR that important?

Btw glintset is 46. How long that gonna last? I hope STS may release some anti glint set in upcoming event.

Anyways I was just giving an example.

Ps I m a noob mage.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

There is an answer in your question. Play with tanks lol. Try to maintain distance. Axe skill do have cool down. Get the insane buff from veil and party can benefit too may be or maybe not [need to ask Safira]. Btw I see most of the rogues spamming there combo without seeing what's going on. Tips: hit other class when they are invulnerable not when they have invincibility.

Question is what rogue gives in a clash to party? Something maybe nothing . how about they buff other party like HOR benefits whole party. Mage can stun everyone with fire. Something something . why rogues only think about getting the kills? Is KDR that important?

Btw glintset is 46. How long that gonna last? I hope STS may release some anti glint set in upcoming event.

Ps I m a noob mage.

Rogues has no way in benefiting the team other than dealing as much damage and killing the enemy, they can't cover or heal team unless team eats the packs which i doubt they would during clash lol. Thats why they care about kills because they are suppose to deal high damage and kill asap or else they are no use.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Ps I m a noob mage.
    If you read my previous post, you will know that there is no useful buff from shadow veil at the moment, either to the rogue or to the team. And your comment about playing with tanks is not very thoughtful. I frankly do not like the idea that rogues should be so reliant on another class to survive.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    If you read my previous post, you will know that there is no useful buff from shadow veil at the moment, either to the rogue or to the team. And your comment about playing with tanks is not very thoughtful. I frankly do not like the idea that rogues should be so reliant on another class to survive.
    You are one of the experienced rogue so I ask you. will buffing shadow veil or any other skill work in PvP? If yes how? If not what can be the solutions? Think about team and vs situation too.

Other class will cry later if it turns to be a rogue legends again.

And yes team should consist of all the classes . even mages depend upon warrior or rogue sometime and vice versa. I eat rogues healthpacks lol so yes they sometime help in a clash. If they get angry for eating packs then why should I bother healing and giving mana.

so I want to see every class work as a team. Team work guys.

#buffroguesurvival
    #nonerfingplz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ( DAMAGE ) View Post
    mages crush rogues in clashes coz mages got the invincibility and the insane damage..when rogues got the damage but no defense.....a rogue would be taking damage from the mage and surrounding players...when the mage has that op shield..IMO nerfing shield is needed or nerfing mages damage...
    tanks vs mages...its simple..since that 50% damage reduction to all classes..tanks cant do much damage vs mages since mages can time their nekro followed by arcane shield and on an endless rotation..while tanks got their jugg with a 44 second cd and tanks heal since the 50% damage reduction can barely heal 60-70% of tanks full health...so practically a tank has that nekro shield time plus jugg time to kill the mage..if not killed then definitely mage will win...and since mages can rotate shields they can almost never get stunned..
    same goes for rogues vs mages...all it takes a rogue is to outlive mage shield and rogue wins

rogues should be the main damage dealers in a clash..but who would want a rogue if they can have a mage which will offer support mana/heal/stun and insane damage...and they live longer.....id say keep mage shield as it is just nerf their overall damage
    And rogues definitely dont need to be more tanky! it will only ruin the game more...as their damage is too op.
    and korruption needs a fix as well...it should have the same affect on all classes not just warriors!
    Very few mages have this insane damage you talking about. The prob with nerfing the whole class like nerfing aimshot is not what happens in max clash but what happens to all the rest of the mages in game. Mid and low level mages absolutely need damage and shield. If rogue can one or 2 combo me then any mid geared Mage will be crushed. And tbh, if I spent 200m on my Mage, I would hope to have some advantages over a rogue that paid 10m for pet and weapon and use some beetle gear. The other issue with these particular nerfs for Mage and warrior is a complete rework of jewels. Rogue can grab mm 6m compensate for armor loss. Give rogue damage and their armor back. But what's suggested here is nerfing mages and tanks class defining skill. Shield is mages aimed shot. Jugg is tanks aimed shot. Rogue was fine before damage nerf. Mage stack still strong but rogues had a place. This will promote more Mage stack. 2 or 3 mages throw shield up and destroy the rogue. Rogues are better 1 v 1 than Mage. Mages flourish more in the team environment. To make rogues more useful than mages in clash I would ask for mages to be more useful in duel than rogue. I've had several people pm me today rip mages. Even the rogues know this is too much. Keep in mind, I've been big advocate of buffing rogues. But in the same way a Mage should be tentative to rush a rogue, rogues need to be tentative to come behind the tanks at mages. Mistakes on both sides should be punished.

The balance lies between where we are now and where we were at 41. Terminator rogues must not exist again. They rule pve. They ruled pvp. That's a no no. I'm not trying to get handled by a rogue that spent 30m or 1/5 of what I did. An equally geared rogue should beat a Mage and they do. A 20m rogue should have no chance against me. They ruled for the longest season in al history. We want balance now. Tanks and mages are fine. Give the rogues their armor and play with the damage numbers. It's simple. I've been saying this and everyone got salty. Now the other two classes may get a nerf to their class defining skills. Fine maybe but definitely renerf aimed shot. It's not just the best skill for rogue. It's the best skill in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i understand about the concern that damage reduction buff significance is becoming way too significance, making us depend way too much on it, and in that case, rogue is at the disadvantage, because they don't have significance damage reduction skill,

but probably this will also make fights in pvp ended way too fast that can make network delay differences become more significance than that what people are calling skills/quick fingers/judgement, so you might also want to add more nerfs to damage than the current one.

either way, you can always do trial and error, pvp balance is definitely hard to achieve, so i think it's not something to be ashamed of if you are going to make changes. but then again, this is also mmorpg game, where making changes in games can cause additional cost for changing gears and skillset, not like moba

anyway, talking about healing skills, i think there are some heal skills that had been nerfed too much, healing skills that were previously insignificant in pve and having low significance in pvp. i think these skills need to be re-addressed too

also, a bit out of topic, some of us were discussing about ctf off-forum, how about:
    1. remove kill counter in ctf
    2. reset flag stat, reduce ap count for flags, and consider every flags taken as team's point
    3. use ctf's corridor-based map as 3rd deathmatch map
    Last edited by extrapayah; 07-21-2016 at 10:34 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

You are one of the experienced rogue so I ask you. will buffing shadow veil or any other skill work in PvP? If yes how? If not what can be the solutions? Think about team and vs situation too.

Other class will cry later if it turns to be a rogue legends again.

And yes team should consist of all the classes . even mages depend upon warrior or rogue sometime and vice versa. I eat rogues healthpacks lol so yes they sometime help in a clash. If they get angry for eating packs then why should I bother healing and giving mana.

so I want to see every class work as a team. Team work guys.

#buffroguesurvival
    #nonerfingplz
    Off the top of my head I have 2 suggestions if you want Shadow Veil to be adjusted:

1. Convert the damage and armor buffs from a percentage to a raw number, something like what was done for our damage passive. This will ensure that the buffs actually contribute to our working stats and will not be wiped by a debuff.

2. Modify the skill into an Aura-type skill. Meaning, when the rogue uses Shadow Veil, she is surrounded by the veil which moves with her and buffs her and the teammates around her. This is perhaps the best way to modify the skill to counteract the ability of Axe Throw to pull rogues away from the area of effect of Shadow veil. Coupled with the first suggestion, this will make the rogue an essential support unit as a rogue using Veil will make the team hit harder and be harder to kill. Having said this, there may be a need to prevent stacking of Shadow Veil effects as multiple rogues using Shadow Veil in this form may buff the team too much thus unbalancing the fight with stacking of rogues. Some people may feel this is an overlap with what Razor shield can do, but note that Razor Shield gives damage reduction and no extra damage, and also that Razor shield has the unique upgrade which gives immunity to stuns and panic which Shadow Veil does not have.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ( DAMAGE ) View Post

Really lol. Rock is fine . Nerf scissor . that's the theory you have.

So you are a warrior who thinks rogue is fine but mage is op. Warrior still is most important class in PvP clash I think.

I did not remember all you have said but I see you saying Nerf mage thing. Why only mage because you loose vs with them?

As rogues are crying that they do not have place on clash PvP. I feel that too so I am agreeing on that and hope it will get fixed. Everyone will be happy . (almost impossible)

I agree to disagree in your mage nerfing idea.
    Nerf warrior Nerf rogue make mage op. That's what I want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Off the top of my head I have 2 suggestions if you want Shadow Veil to be adjusted:

1. Convert the damage and armor buffs from a percentage to a raw number, something like what was done for our damage passive. This will ensure that the buffs actually contribute to our working stats and will not be wiped by a debuff.

2. Modify the skill into an Aura-type skill. Meaning, when the rogue uses Shadow Veil, she is surrounded by the veil which moves with her and buffs her and the teammates around her. This is perhaps the best way to modify the skill to counteract the ability of Axe Throw to pull rogues away from the area of effect of Shadow veil. Coupled with the first suggestion, this will make the rogue an essential support unit as a rogue using Veil will make the team hit harder and be harder to kill. Having said this, there may be a need to prevent stacking of Shadow Veil effects as multiple rogues using Shadow Veil in this form may buff the team too much thus unbalancing the fight with stacking of rogues. Some people may feel this is an overlap with what Razor shield can do, but note that Razor Shield gives damage reduction and no extra damage, and also that Razor shield has the unique upgrade which gives immunity to stuns and panic which Shadow Veil does not have.
    I hope that won't make rogue op. I play mage so hehe.

Anyways nice suggestion. I hope they implement these ideas instead of nerfing other class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    Very few mages have this insane damage you talking about. The prob with nerfing the whole class like nerfing aimshot is not what happens in max clash but what happens to all the rest of the mages in game. Mid and low level mages absolutely need damage and shield. If rogue can one or 2 combo me then any mid geared Mage will be crushed. And tbh, if I spent 200m on my Mage, I would hope to have some advantages over a rogue that paid 10m for pet and weapon and use some beetle gear. The other issue with these particular nerfs for Mage and warrior is a complete rework of jewels. Rogue can grab mm 6m compensate for armor loss. Give rogue damage and their armor back. But what's suggested here is nerfing mages and tanks class defining skill. Shield is mages aimed shot. Jugg is tanks aimed shot. Rogue was fine before damage nerf. Mage stack still strong but rogues had a place. This will promote more Mage stack. 2 or 3 mages throw shield up and destroy the rogue. Rogues are better 1 v 1 than Mage. Mages flourish more in the team environment. To make rogues more useful than mages in clash I would ask for mages to be more useful in duel than rogue. I've had several people pm me today rip mages. Even the rogues know this is too much. Keep in mind, I've been big advocate of buffing rogues. But in the same way a Mage should be tentative to rush a rogue, rogues need to be tentative to come behind the tanks at mages. Mistakes on both sides should be punished.

The balance lies between where we are now and where we were at 41. Terminator rogues must not exist again. They rule pve. They ruled pvp. That's a no no. I'm not trying to get handled by a rogue that spent 30m or 1/5 of what I did. An equally geared rogue should beat a Mage and they do. A 20m rogue should have no chance against me. They ruled for the longest season in al history. We want balance now. Tanks and mages are fine. Give the rogues their armor and play with the damage numbers. It's simple. I've been saying this and everyone got salty. Now the other two classes may get a nerf to their class defining skills. Fine maybe but definitely renerf aimed shot. It's not just the best skill for rogue. It's the best skill in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1st half of your reply has a point but i completely agree on the second half..
    rogues were the rulers of all classes even when most of the players themselvs didnt have any skills at all!
    that why im totally against any rogue defence buff..if rogues become more tanky they would own and ruin the game balance completely..especially after their nerf and re buff they became more op!
    i still disagree on mage shield nerf as i suggest a slight damage nerf to make the balance! then again thats my personal opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Forget nerfing classes, nerf korr, 3 korr in your spawn is a living hell trying to re group with your team, if your going to nerf tanks heals, might as well nerf kor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Really lol. Rock is fine . Nerf scissor . that's the theory you have.

So you are a warrior who thinks rogue is fine but mage is op. Warrior still is most important class in PvP clash I think.

I did not remember all you have said but I see you saying Nerf mage thing. Why only mage because you loose vs with them?

As rogues are crying that they do not have place on clash PvP. I feel that too so I am agreeing on that and hope it will get fixed. Everyone will be happy . (almost impossible)

I agree to disagree in your mage nerfing idea.
    Nerf warrior Nerf rogue make mage op. That's what I want.
    its not the fact that i lose or win vs mages! but the dev asked how the vs goes between a tank and a mage in a comment above if u look back a page or 2!
    2nd i dont want a nerf to any class as i dont want a buff to rogues!
    but if they were to balance the need of rogues in clashes i only see that reducing the mages damage would be the only way to do so and not the arcane shield! because then a team will have to decide what they need support and control or damage!
    PS Nerfing the mages arcane shield will just doom the class and mages will be completely useless!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hpnvx View Post
    Forget nerfing classes, nerf korr, 3 korr in your spawn is a living hell trying to re group with your team, if your going to nerf tanks heals, might as well nerf kor.
    totally agree that pet is like a glitch.
    +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Funny how some here asking for survivability where there's a pet that can literally whipe out any sort of heal over time that a rogue will get when crossing towards dps....so I doubt that rogues will be any good against a kor stack, against tanks and mages when the nerf applies on tanks and mages also on nekro shield....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Rogues able to cut my half health by one combo and break my jugg too even it's charged! Give them back their armor, do not ruin warriors and mages again like in 36/41/46.. (ik and Idc wars got buff at 46).
    Last edited by Justg; 07-22-2016 at 01:51 PM. Reason: less drama

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Mucsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Just for seeing it clearly.. If my jugg on, rogues able to hit me around 2k.. If this will duplicate, that's mean rogues will able to hit 4k! When my jugg on.. Since I have just 9500 hp and 2700 armor, I'll be 1combo again like in 41/46. Dps clashes, here we go. Warriors= useless
    Mages= 1hit (nothing changed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

First korruption, now your nerfing jugg/heal, when it already uselese against this pet. BS