Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Auto-level glitch and I may cry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Auto-level glitch and I may cry

I've been running one of each char type thru all the levels with auto-level engaged. My Op just reached level 18 and there's a problem. The stat points were allocated properly, but the skill point didn't auto-allocate. I've changed maps, I've tried logging out and back in four times (six now) and I've done a complete shut-down of my iPad to clear cache, but the problem remains. ETA: Commando got to 20 just fine and am currently working on Engineer while Op is in time-out.

As you can see in the picture, it's allowing me to allocate the skill point. Please note the "Disable auto leveling" button still present--I didn't take it off by accident (my first fear!). Please, I beg of you, don't make me go through 18 levels of auto-leveling again. Whether it can be fixed or not, could you at least tell me where the point should have gone? Currently, skills are:

Mind Wrack 2 pts.
    Flames of Insanity 4 pts.
    Lurch 4 pts.
    Inner Focus 6 pts.
    Amplify Pain 0 pts.
    Psychic Lash 0 pts.
    Blur 0 pts.
    Neural Shock 0 pts.

Hoping hard you can save (what remains of) my sanity...

ETA: I just tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app. No joy.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 09-14-2011 at 09:22 AM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

So the problem is that you want the auto leveler to put the point for you? Why cry about that? You should be happy it stopped at lvl 18. Now you have time to drop 6 into Amplify Pain! Problem solved. Unless you are wanting to write a guide about what build the auto leveler does...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Which would be lovely, except I'm doing exactly that. See here. And yes, it is driving me nuts not being able to put points into skills and stats where I want them, which is why I don't want to have to re-do 18 levels of it. Oof.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    ...I'm doing exactly that...
    Oh. Fail, kamikazees...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Nah. It's pretty obscure. And likely silly, too, but it's interesting seeing what the Devs thought about where things should go.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Good find CanonicalKoi! The autolevel system was trying to place a seventh point into one skill, which was causing it to break. This happens a few times after level 18 with Operatives so you may want to put your guide-writing character on hold until we get this patched. I believe your point should have been allocated to Focus.
    Last edited by Flip; 09-14-2011 at 02:04 PM.
    QA Ninja!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I can do that! Thanks so much for the answer, Flip. Just the hope that I won't have to re-do the Op....much joy.