Thread: why is movement speed from weapon stacks with anything while passive is not?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

Default why is movement speed from weapon stacks with anything while passive is not?

was really surprised when knowing that movement speed from weapon's enhancement stack with other temporary speed buff and pet, and i assume the armor bonus and damage bonus too

of course it's great, but i find it amusing because things that are normally permanent bonus, like bonus from passive skills, doesn't stack with other speed buff or pet happiness
    i remember that sts gave up in making bonus from passive stacks by making the old %damage increase to be a fixed number, that give ridiculous low value in a cost of 5 skill points

i think sts owe us with this, and needs to rework passive skills, possibly returning percentage bonus damage that can stack, and adding a percentage attribute bonus into 6th level of passive

also, normalizing the comparison between enhancement and passive

e.g. the best fixed attribute bonus from enhancement is 10 all stat, which is equal with spending 6 skill points, but maximum bonus in movement speed in enhancement is 10%, assuming we'll have fixed increase, it's equal to 10 skill points
    it's either movement speed bonus in enhanced weapon is too overpowered, or bonus from passive skill is too underpowered

thanks
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The enhancements are buffing the weapon and not your character. So, the stacking percentages rule does not apply. Neither do the debuff overriding percent buff rule. Hope I helped!
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

thank you for the explanation on the mechanic, but my reason to make this thread is to question why they design this mechanic, why they make buff from weapons stacks, when it's not for the other.

again, i'm not asking for the mechanic explanation, i'm questioning the reason of the design/mechanic

thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    thank you for the explanation on the mechanic, but my reason to make this thread is to question why they design this mechanic, why they make buff from weapons stacks, when it's not for the other.

again, i'm not asking for the mechanic explanation, i'm questioning the reason of the design/mechanic

thanks
    What would they attach character buffs to if not to the character itself? I think this new mechanic is far better.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Are you sure? On one of my twinks, I got +8% speed in both spots on my gun, for a total of +16%. So I did some testing with Singe, and then some with Abaddon which grants an additional 12% speed. Movement did not feel any faster with Abaddon than with Singe, so I figured the speed does not stack. There was nothing scientific about my test, just how it felt.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Are you sure? On one of my twinks, I got +8% speed in both spots on my gun, for a total of +16%. So I did some testing with Singe, and then some with Abaddon which grants an additional 12% speed. Movement did not feel any faster with Abaddon than with Singe, so I figured the speed does not stack. There was nothing scientific about my test, just how it felt.
    Ran with someone using exactly the same gear as me (Venomous speed set with Immortal daggers) and the same pet (Nekro) in the same map (Wilds). Only difference was that his daggers had a total 20% speed buff, and mine had no speed buff. He was clearly faster than me in the map. So yes, the weapon buffs stack with your existing buffs.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Att

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Ran with someone using exactly the same gear as me (Venomous speed set with Immortal daggers) and the same pet (Nekro) in the same map (Wilds). Only difference was that his daggers had a total 20% speed buff, and mine had no speed buff. He was clearly faster than me in the map. So yes, the weapon buffs stack with your existing buffs.
    Thanks for testing i thought my venomous set was now a waste. Havn't played for few days now so didn't check the new updates.
    90% of rogues are trolls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

ok you insist on this weapon concept? so the enhancement is buffing the weapon, not the character, then can you tell me why weapon need movement speed or why the weapon have an attribute to begin with? do they move on their own? do weapon have strength, dexterity, or intelligence?

in the end all buffs, debuffs, and stat will be reflected to the character...

buffs and stats from weapon can be used/removed by equipping/unequipping the weapon, can easiliy be done
    buffs and stats from pet's happiness bonus can be used/removed by summoning/desummonning the pet, can easily be done
    buffs, debuffs and stats from skills/aa can be triggered by casting the skill and wear off by time, naturally wear offs
    buffs and stats from passive can be used/removed by spec/respec the skill not everytime we can spec/respec

by knowing this, we should all agree that passive is the one that is the closest one from having a meaning of permanent/innate bonus, but why it can't stack with others?

again, i'm not asking about the mechanism or the clarification of the mechanism, but i'm questioning why it's made like that

and yes, thinking back to the era of archon ring, %damage from archon indeed stacks with everything, wonder why i didn't make this thread sooner
    Last edited by extrapayah; 09-15-2016 at 09:07 AM.