Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **Poll** Shared stable for your pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

No, for the same reasons that they already stated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    buying 2 pets of the same kind is counter productive...and annoying..maybe not for the farmer tho.
    exactly, if you want to have 2 that's what allows new players without end game gear (a big investment) to have a viable source of farming to even begin to buy fort jewels, immo weapons, arcane pets ect ect.

Without that there's nearly no way for a new player to come up.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    788 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazerdd View Post
    This would absolutely kill the the biggest income STS gets. As of right now, eggs are barely valuable, and not worth opening crates to get. Eggs alone make up around 35% of the market, give or take, and breaking them would be gamechanging.

What if you already have eggs opened on an alt? Are you wanting them to be re-egged? There goes the already broken "arcane" rarity.

If this were to have been implemented, it would have had to been done long ago. It's too late even if they came around to do so.

No thanks.
    You dont think Eggzavier already killed it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trenton View Post
    You dont think Eggzavier already killed it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    well the prices of pets are at the all time low...so really maybe..even releasing gold rarity or adding another rarity didn't really help.

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    exactly, if you want to have 2 that's what allows new players without end game gear (a big investment) to have a viable source of farming to even begin to buy fort jewels, immo weapons, arcane pets ect ect.

Without that there's nearly no way for a new player to come up.
    the goal is to acquire it..by earning it. Not to buy it from another person..fueling the gold influx to the super farmers. but that's my opinion. really just adding a change in look forr the pets (aka vanity pet) will keep things the way they are.

the whole point of the shared stable is to limit the effort of leveling pets, purchasing multiple ones, and getting rid of excess pets in the traders market.

but adding a transfer option like kragel said would be fantastic.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-04-2016 at 05:54 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

+1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

the goal is to acquire it..by earning it. Not to buy it from another person..fueling the gold influx to the super farmers
    Super farmers don't need to run km3. Some of us do it for a quick easy buck but it would hurt only the new players who NEED km3 because there nothing else to farm until you have the multi millions to afford elite farming.
    How's a noob supposed to make money once cryos are a couple thousand and no one needs to open them because they can share one nekro on 10 alts?

What would there even be to farm as a new lv 40something who needs 10mil for one toon to begin elites?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

lmao i told you merchers wont like this idee, i gave it a thought though who really here buys pets for there twinks i mean like pets like sns mm or nekro...u know those twinks that you only use for crafting. And to be honsest the new pet system when it came in didint kill the marget did it? u where now able to slot eggs between car just have to keep doing daily token quests...i Rember seeing a thread about n guy conplaing about haveing to much gold and everything being cheap.....Whats the real problime with the stuf being cheap means u dont have to farm your *** for 3 months and then after a week u got it something beter is on its way....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mrm For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Vote yes I for fact will be pleased with the his feature where as I am one of those who does not like buying the same pet again because I keep thinking over again as it is a huge total waste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

+1 Yes. I am an actual average player that has been average for over 2years. For so long i was intimidated on making a forum account, because i felt i would be mocked and shunned by all these pros. Let's face it the average player doesn't get on here to read all of the various discussion's, and read the latest news. They all hear and discuss things ingame, where they feel comfortable.
    Im guessing 90% of the people saying no have theirs desired pets, gear, and an ample amount of gold.This sort of question aswell as other important ideas should be done ingame through a friendly survey. So that everyone that plays has a word in it, not just the ones with forum accounts.
    I apologize to anyone that i might of offended, aswell as my horrible grammar.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I do not agree, because you all already had an egg zavier event, Where you could had farming all the eggs that you wanted. The event was easy all the players had the chance to drop many arcanes and mythic eggs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

there is no gaming experience/replay value gained from buying or farming for exactly same thing, leveling up exactly same thing.

i've made attempts to complete pet stable in 3 characters and even though i've completed them all and also have another set for slotting, the effort needed for enjoying new experience, trying new/other class is way too expensive, and i don't want anyone else to do what i've done

whenever we're farming, even though how small it is, there is always some progress gained, e.g. you got 30 gold drop from km3 bosses even though you didn't get crates from them, but when buying an exactly same pet for alt, it's like you're returning back to start, and only until you successfully buy and level up the pet, you will return to the same point as before.
    Last edited by extrapayah; 10-04-2016 at 07:32 PM.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

because this is treating the pet as a vanity per-say.... i would like to add just the look of the pet to another and enhance it...without having to buy another. that why
    buying 2 pets of the same kind is counter productive...and annoying..maybe not for the farmer tho.

maybe even a pet vanity...this would eliminate..this whole thread lol.
    I'm confused.

How is pet animancy making pets like vanities? Sure there are animancies made just for the fun of it.

But from what I see, most pets in which to slot other eggs to, are chosen on their passive skills not just looks, at least the wise ones do. You have to choose the pet whose passive ability will work the best in maps that you run, or the role you do in PvP.

Although the egg isn't consumed in the sense that the egg is not opened when you slot it, people still buy the eggs which is generally good for the market. Some people even buy a few of the same eggs just to slot the happiness bonus and AA to different pets.

If you mean that shared stable will mean that people will open the eggs since they will be shared anyway, I don't think this will be the case. Because as it stands, only pets with really good passives are worth opening (for non-collectors).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

tbh, for me, pet animancy seems like an excuse for devs, so that it's okay to release an useless pet, it's okay no have no progression in a single pet, also it's okay to release an ugly pet, because they can always slot it into something else.

i think pets should be designed to be desirable to be hatched at some time.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

well the prices of pets are at the all time low...so really maybe..even releasing gold rarity or adding another rarity didn't really help.

the goal is to acquire it..by earning it. Not to buy it from another person..fueling the gold influx to the super farmers. but that's my opinion. really just adding a change in look forr the pets (aka vanity pet) will keep things the way they are.

the whole point of the shared stable is to limit the effort of leveling pets, purchasing multiple ones, and getting rid of excess pets in the traders market.

but adding a transfer option like kragel said would be fantastic.
    Few questions and points:

1. What do you mean by earning it not buying it from another? Sorry, I don't understand. Please elaborate.

2. Leveling of pets is only an issue for those with multiple toons on endgame. But if the other toons are on low levels, I don't think it is that hard to run a few maps to level up a pet. For end gamers, I'd rather have a tradable "Pet XP" kit to address the multi-pet leveling.

3. I do know it is a pain to buy 2-3 of the same eggs to use in different toons or use for animancy. But I think it is better this way than to make the egg market worse than the state it is in. If people aren't buying multiple eggs, more eggs will be circulating in the market which will decrease its value more than it is now.

4. How is a shared stable going to get rid of excess eggs in the market? I think this would make it worse. People who buy multiple eggs for different toons and animancy would buy less. Less buyers means more eggs in market because they aren't being bought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

still no one supporting this has given any thought to new players. Farming is in need of a makeover, this won't help. Egg farming is a thing of the past and this suggestion would kill locks as they stand now making farming cryos just as antiquated.

It's like you want the privilege of owning several mansions irl but only want to pay taxes on one cuz it's tedious owning so much property lol
    First world problems

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    769 Posts

While I do like the idea and want it implemented),
    it'll kill the egg markets because we could just use the same pet across all characters

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolaty View Post
    +1 Yes. I am an actual average player that has been average for over 2years. For so long i was intimidated on making a forum account, because i felt i would be mocked and shunned by all these pros. Let's face it the average player doesn't get on here to read all of the various discussion's, and read the latest news. They all hear and discuss things ingame, where they feel comfortable.
    Has nothing to do with the topic at hand..

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolaty View Post
    Im guessing 90% of the people saying no have theirs desired pets, gear, and an ample amount of gold.
    Key word: guessing. I have not opened arcane egg, and never have, although I do have one slotted. Gear also has nothing to do with the current topic..

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    tbh, for me, pet animancy seems like an excuse for devs
    Pet animancy enables you to use any egg, on any character, without opening it. That is in no way an excuse, but rather a brilliant idea to satisfy the shared pet stable supporters. (which has 20 total thanks on the thread (14 of which are forum active in the past 6 months)) This was so well thought out, in fact, that it kept the egg market up, yielding the same results as the shared stable option, which would break the already struggling economy.

This whole idea is bogus in my opinion. If I smashed an egg on my head, I have consumed the product. I can't put the egg-shells and yolk back in the original state and smash it on someone else to get the same result. Once you have made the choice to consume the product, you can't then ask for it back. That is basically what you are asking for. This is the exact reason pet animancy was introduced and it gives the same results as if you had opened the egg.

This idea should not be introduced, as it would cut the last ties to an egg market we have.

Ps: Extrapayah - what would be the benefit to you of a shared pet stable, after you have already
    Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    made attempts to complete pet stable in 3 characters and... i've completed them all
    Do you want the duplicate pets to be returned to you? If this were implemented, you would lose AP's, because surely you don't expect them to keep the pet AP's (unless it was on the original character - explain?), right?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thats what your stash is for; Use it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

+1 to shared stable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

+1 for Shared Stable. Reason: I'm a egg opener....and i had a lot of twinks with arcane pets. And ofcourse i can't use them all... a shared pet stable would help me out so much. Shame that my Nekro is sleeping on main, because i'm more active with rogue twink , so my Nekro would be very helpfull for my twink. I also support the non-sellable egg suggestion....for an example; that you can re-egg you're Maridos,Nekro etc etc...But that you can only open it on a other toon, and not sell it like in trade or auction.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nvgd For This Useful Post: