Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think price needs to be lowered

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Default I think price needs to be lowered

I feel the token amount needed to enter the new content needs to be lowered. It costs 150 tokens (badge + proof) in order to get to the next area. It has been 7 days since the expansion went live. Since one run only yields one token, you need to do 150 runs of the same map just to get to the next zone. Doing the math that turns out to be a little more then 20 runs a day, each and every day, since the expansion went live.

I strongly feel that many people do not have the time to run this much and my guess would be only about 50% of all lvl 56+ are able to get to the second map. Why not include more of the players? Why make it such a pain to run the same map over and over? I like the new content and maps but do not like how it takes so much in order to progress. I think lowering the cost of the badge and proof to 50 tokens each would be more then fair. This would allow more players to play the new map, and not make it such a burden to advance.

I enjoy playing the game but it seems like the requirements for the new content are a bit much. I have spent most of my free time leveling and playing the new map and can say I am pretty sick of running graveyard. I only have roughly 50 tokens, so another 100 is going to take me at least 2 more weeks of running the same map just to get to the second map. By this time the rest of the new content will probably be released by then.

Anyway, if you took the time to read this, please add your comments. I know I'm not alone as many guildies have also expressed the same frustations.
    Last edited by Justg; 10-13-2016 at 04:54 PM. Reason: more accurate title

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Korabiv View Post
    I feel the token amount needed to enter the new content needs to be lowered. It costs 150 tokens (badge + proof) in order to get to the next area. It has been 7 days since the expansion went live. Since one run only yields one token, you need to do 150 runs of the same map just to get to the next zone. Doing the math that turns out to be a little more then 20 runs a day, each and every day, since the expansion went live.

I strongly feel that many people do not have the time to run this much and my guess would be only about 50% of all lvl 56+ are able to get to the second map. Why not include more of the players? Why make it such a pain to run the same map over and over? I like the new content and maps but do not like how it takes so much in order to progress. I think lowering the cost of the badge and proof to 50 tokens each would be more then fair. This would allow more players to play the new map, and not make it such a burden to advance.

I enjoy playing the game but it seems like the requirements for the new content are a bit much. I have spent most of my free time leveling and playing the new map and can say I am pretty sick of running graveyard. I only have roughly 50 tokens, so another 100 is going to take me at least 2 more weeks of running the same map just to get to the second map. By this time the rest of the new content will probably be released by then.

Anyway, if you took the time to read this, please add your comments. I know I'm not alone as many guildies have also expressed the same frustations.
    I totally agree, running the graveyard that many times is just mentally challenging. I do enjoy the new contents, however it feels very monogamous and very linear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I extremely disagree. If you think logically, reaching end game content is meant to be hard. As the level rises, it should get harder and harder, if you don't have the time to make that progress you should not complain about it. Just progress slower then. If you make everything easy, the high level content won't have any value.
    ¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ 6FLAIR9 `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
    `'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸ ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´
    Shlt, you discovered my secret

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #4
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

In order to even make the purchase to get these badges, players must rank up to Acolyte with the Lightbearers. The points required to achieve Lightbearer, divided by the average number of points you get a from a dungeon run, comes to about 130. This brings you just a little shy of what's required to buy all the access you need to the Mausoleum.

So, if you're going into the Graveyard and killing the boss each time (not just farming the first few mobs and leaving), you should have just about as many Tokens as you need to enter once you reach Acolyte, with possibly a few more runs to do.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Thanks for the feedback on this, I want to take a moment to explain a bit of the philosophy of this expansion and how it opens up over time.

- The Graveyard is the entry point for endgame content, saving up for a badge to get into the Mausoleum is a milestone in the new content. While it is understandable that everyone wants immediate access, having a sense of progression and accomplishing it are important. This exists agin at floors 3 and 4 as another rank and badge requirement exist.
    - Once inside the Mausoleum, the floor depths play a key roll in increasing token payout. Starting with Mausoleum 1 and 2, players will have the chance to run into Minibosses (the bosses from the Graveyard) at random places on the floor. Killing these also grant a token, and the chances and number of minibosses potentially available starts to go higher the deeper you go.
    - In addition to weapons and stats, ranking up your character adds a passive buff inside of Somberholt Dungeons that increase raw damage and armor eventually making the once difficult content harder and faster to farm.
    - Scaling Difficulty. New this expansion we have removed the idea of "elite" dungeons, and are instead doing level scaling of the mobs. You may have noticed at level 61 that the mobs in the Graveyard have Green dots rather than yellow. Their level is capped at 59, making them easier to dispatch as ranks, gear, and levels push you to more power. A real sense of power progression. On the flip side in the depths of the Mausoleum level 61's will be taking on level 62, 65, and on and on over time providing a different style of challenge to the player.

This expansion content is designed to unroll slowly over time to introduce new bosses, new encounters, new chase items and harder difficulties while keeping the content a little fresher than the past expansions and their fixed maps. Everyone is encouraged to play at their own pace, as over time every stage will all inevitably unlock and its rewards and content will expand as part of the narrative.

This is a new take on an expansion that we hope achieves a couple of things.

1. The one-and-done expansion. Previously the content would release, and be finished within 2 hours. Nothing new to work towards, and an apprehension related to when the new item is coming

2. Provide a clear path of achieveable progress through items and content. As of launch, everyone know there is a Mythic at level 61. They know it can be upgraded, and what will be required to do so. This is unique as previously none of this would be known up front and the expectancy that ones gear may immediately become worthless as soon as a new crate mythic is released was very high and had its own issues. This is an achieveable milestone that becomes available over time.

3. Challenges with increased reward payout. All of the loot in the new expansion is available at this point. By going deeper into the dungeons the chances of getting the good stuff begins to increase substantially as the number of bosses on a floor each give a chance at the loot, and the chance of the loot to drop is higher than the previous floor. New tile types will begin to spawn with additional encouters and rewards as well!

4. Expandable difficulty. We have no doubt that by the time Mausoleum 5 is unlocked end game players will be working hard to best it. One of the great aspects of the randomization dungeon system is we can add additional floors to expand the depth from 5 to 10, to 20, etc. Increased chances of fighting yet more minibosses for more tokens, even better loot chances, and unique encoutners all make for a more rewarding experience

We are attempting to balance the immediate sense of gratification with prolonged goals and individual, as well as server progress.

Keep the feedback rolling in but we do want to express that this expansion is different than what has come before.

-Carapace
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I see, i love the wall of text..but it would be nice to replay the levels...i mean all of them to relive the story..this means all levels (quests and side missions). I understand you want a progression of different stages..but after the story is done, you cant replay any of it..unless you are playing daily quests.

eg: rebuilding umm the last area "I forget the name, Guardia I think" you cant do that again..or even a small part of it...its really a done deal now that the quest is finished.

"making a new character doesn't mean relive the story -_-"

This will happen with this expansion..even for new players just jumping in wont really understand what is going on..I mean, Im lost lol.
    Last edited by octavos; 10-13-2016 at 05:17 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

The expansion is only a week old. Even if you play only half an hour a day, with three minutes per run (assuming you run with randoms, got lost in side path etc) you still can get ten tokens a day, and two weeks later, an acolyte proof of balance and order badge plus a daily.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    Thanks for the feedback on this, I want to take a moment to explain a bit of the philosophy of this expansion and how it opens up over time.

- The Graveyard is the entry point for endgame content, saving up for a badge to get into the Mausoleum is a milestone in the new content. While it is understandable that everyone wants immediate access, having a sense of progression and accomplishing it are important. This exists agin at floors 3 and 4 as another rank and badge requirement exist.
    - Once inside the Mausoleum, the floor depths play a key roll in increasing token payout. Starting with Mausoleum 1 and 2, players will have the chance to run into Minibosses (the bosses from the Graveyard) at random places on the floor. Killing these also grant a token, and the chances and number of minibosses potentially available starts to go higher the deeper you go.
    - In addition to weapons and stats, ranking up your character adds a passive buff inside of Somberholt Dungeons that increase raw damage and armor eventually making the once difficult content harder and faster to farm.
    - Scaling Difficulty. New this expansion we have removed the idea of "elite" dungeons, and are instead doing level scaling of the mobs. You may have noticed at level 61 that the mobs in the Graveyard have Green dots rather than yellow. Their level is capped at 59, making them easier to dispatch as ranks, gear, and levels push you to more power. A real sense of power progression. On the flip side in the depths of the Mausoleum level 61's will be taking on level 62, 65, and on and on over time providing a different style of challenge to the player.

This expansion content is designed to unroll slowly over time to introduce new bosses, new encounters, new chase items and harder difficulties while keeping the content a little fresher than the past expansions and their fixed maps. Everyone is encouraged to play at their own pace, as over time every stage will all inevitably unlock and its rewards and content will expand as part of the narrative.

This is a new take on an expansion that we hope achieves a couple of things.

1. The one-and-done expansion. Previously the content would release, and be finished within 2 hours. Nothing new to work towards, and an apprehension related to when the new item is coming

2. Provide a clear path of achieveable progress through items and content. As of launch, everyone know there is a Mythic at level 61. They know it can be upgraded, and what will be required to do so. This is unique as previously none of this would be known up front and the expectancy that ones gear may immediately become worthless as soon as a new crate mythic is released was very high and had its own issues. This is an achieveable milestone that becomes available over time.

3. Challenges with increased reward payout. All of the loot in the new expansion is available at this point. By going deeper into the dungeons the chances of getting the good stuff begins to increase substantially as the number of bosses on a floor each give a chance at the loot, and the chance of the loot to drop is higher than the previous floor. New tile types will begin to spawn with additional encouters and rewards as well!

4. Expandable difficulty. We have no doubt that by the time Mausoleum 5 is unlocked end game players will be working hard to best it. One of the great aspects of the randomization dungeon system is we can add additional floors to expand the depth from 5 to 10, to 20, etc. Increased chances of fighting yet more minibosses for more tokens, even better loot chances, and unique encoutners all make for a more rewarding experience

We are attempting to balance the immediate sense of gratification with prolonged goals and individual, as well as server progress.

Keep the feedback rolling in but we do want to express that this expansion is different than what has come before.

-Carapace
    Ok thanks for the response. I just wanted to make sure that you guys knew that for a lot of people, it wasn't possible to make the amount of tokens to unlock the second map in time. As long as you guys are confident that it will all work out it is fine by me that this is meant to be a slower developing expansion. I just didn't want a good portion of people being left out and left behind. I will keep grinding at my own pace and look forward to the next set of maps!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Keyword: lowered, time, level

Can you imagine lvl 3 run on this map?
    I think they cant reach the boss even in good party (even the mob scaled). You should realize this expan position are above than tindirin, or even underhul, so they have no chance here.

I havent found any trouble for runing this tomb with my alt mage lv 56, and my lovely slink, just keep straight 20-30 run a day. No need to 24/7 jump to this one lol. Relax.

After the second map opened, you can get 2-3 token/run, so for 150 token, you just need 75 run, with straight 20-30/day, you can kick the badge out for only 3-4 day.

Ps: go to Quartermaster npc, and you will realize you should SPENT 10 token for a single sumberholt cracked recipe. And ofc dev already clarify for this one, if that recipe CONSUMED on use. (imagine how much token for a single fortified).

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fsuryo; 10-13-2016 at 08:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Dude, u are just lazy i farmed 800 tokens ! Theree are ways to farm sigh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    478 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RYYUKK View Post
    Dude, u are just lazy i farmed 800 tokens ! Theree are ways to farm sigh
    Try not to judge people like that. There are people who are capable of spending hours grinding nonstop till they reach maximum token storage, and then there are those with busy jobs... families... major real-life commitments who can only commit realisticially a couple of hours a day to the game. For those people, farming 800 tokens as you have in that short a time period is impossible. That said I'm not complaining because I've still managed to farm enough tokens and points to start on the new stage as soon as it opened. So yes it is possible. Just that busy people may need a little bit more time and more intense grinding when they are online to reach the stage requirements.
    Why do we fall? So that we can rise again.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Safiras For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Pls sts hand this to me like everything else wahhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
    Try not to judge people like that. There are people who are capable of spending hours grinding nonstop till they reach maximum token storage, and then there are those with busy jobs... families... major real-life commitments who can only commit realisticially a couple of hours a day to the game. For those people, farming 800 tokens as you have in that short a time period is impossible. That said I'm not complaining because I've still managed to farm enough tokens and points to start on the new stage as soon as it opened. So yes it is possible. Just that busy people may need a little bit more time and more intense grinding when they are online to reach the stage requirements.
    I didnt spend 1 say farming those 800 tokens, since cap up i been farming graveyard, killing mobs and running for boss, as i said there is ways to farm
    Dont start ur drama trying to look cool

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Patience is a virtue.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I often wonder what's the point of being rude on forums. Some users spend their time going from thread to thread feeling compelled to write that sarcastic, unproductive, negative comment. What's the gain? I think this forums can best be put to use, sharing ideas and information that can be helpful to both other players and the developers.
    It's smart to encourage and welcome, participation and interest in this game by all types of players. Absolutely no need to put some down because they have a problem. A positive attitude adds to the success of Arcane Legends. How would you guys feel if the community numbers began to dwindle and the developers decided not to add new content. Then the very game that you love would be no more. So why not inject feedback that is helpful, instead of mockery and contempt.

19. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Amoonguss For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

i think we need more bonus points and tokens from dailies, that's usually how busy players can catch up contents, and dailies are controllable in nature, so being generous on dailies won't hurt.
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to extrapayah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by extrapayah View Post
    i think we need more bonus points and tokens from dailies, that's usually how busy players can catch up contents, and dailies are controllable in nature, so being generous on dailies won't hurt.
    +10 to this idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    134 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RYYUKK View Post
    I didnt spend 1 say farming those 800 tokens, since cap up i been farming graveyard, killing mobs and running for boss, as i said there is ways to farm
    Dont start ur drama trying to look cool
    What Safi wanted to say is that not everyone is as lifeless as you to literally waste 4-5 hours daily in game, people do have their jobs, school, family and the time to rest, which I prefer more than playing AL.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vrazicak For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Exactly! And it's really frustrating that you can't get better because everytime you seem to have reached something and got stuff done a new expansion comes out!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amoonguss View Post
    I often wonder what's the point of being rude on forums. Some users spend their time going from thread to thread feeling compelled to write that sarcastic, unproductive, negative comment. What's the gain? I think this forums can best be put to use, sharing ideas and information that can be helpful to both other players and the developers.
    It's smart to encourage and welcome, participation and interest in this game by all types of players. Absolutely no need to put some down because they have a problem. A positive attitude adds to the success of Arcane Legends. How would you guys feel if the community numbers began to dwindle and the developers decided not to add new content. Then the very game that you love would be no more. So why not inject feedback that is helpful, instead of mockery and contempt.
    GG Bro.. GG.

/11