Thread: New PvP Idea (In-Depth idea that I know you could bring to life)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Gambling is totally out of the question, IMO, unless they want to stay in the App Store and within that age rating. Cinco doesn't even want to implement any type of upgrading (chance of breaking) system due to the feeling of failure, I don't blame him at all, it makes sense.

If potions in PvP would work like PvE, then no. We already have massive HS/MS figures that pretty much regen about 5% of Health/Mana per second, end-game that is.

If cooldowns were added though, truly long cooldowns that required potion use to be strategic, maybe. PvP potions should cost a lot of gold too, if implemented.
    Since money fights woul not work (even though ive seen it implemented in many 12 year old MMOs) and you do not like the potion idea (which is also implemented in proberly every mmo where the class can heal eating food or bring mana potions to heal one self during combat PLUS now-a-days fights last roughly 5 seconds). Could the devs at least think about making a free-for-all map where players can just go in for an all out groundwar type game.

AGAIN REPEATING MY SELF
    THIS WOULD NOT BE AN UPGRADE THIS WOULD BE A NEW SET OF MAPS OLD PVP WOULD STILL BE AVAIABLE TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WISH TO USE THE NEW ARENAS.

In my experience ive played a lot of mmos and this is missing some very essential factors of what real pvp is if you implemented at least one of these ideas and charge some plat for it i can assure you people would be buying it. This game already has a good campaign for a mobile game why dont you just top the cake and add some real PvP since so many people are doing it now-a-days.

Side-note: you said adding longer cool downs...thats the reason in the first place people started complaining about pvp is the GCD.
    Last edited by Gunk; 10-02-2011 at 02:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
    Since money fights woul not work (even though ive seen it implemented in many 12 year old MMOs) and you do not like the potion idea (which is also implemented in proberly every mmo where the class can heal eating food or bring mana potions to heal one self during combat PLUS now-a-days fights last roughly 5 seconds). Could the devs at least think about making a free-for-all map where players can just go in for an all out groundwar type game.

AGAIN REPEATING MY SELF
    THIS WOULD NOT BE AN UPGRADE THIS WOULD BE A NEW SET OF MAPS OLD PVP WOULD STILL BE AVAIABLE TO PEOPLE WHO DO NOT WISH TO USE THE NEW ARENAS.

In my experience ive played a lot of mmos and this is missing some very essential factors of what real pvp is if you implemented at least one of these ideas and charge some plat for it i can assure you people would be buying it. This game already has a good campaign for a mobile game why dont you just top the cake and add some real PvP since so many people are doing it now-a-days.

Side-note: you said adding longer cool downs...thats the reason in the first place people started complaining about pvp is the GCD.
    PC MMOs. I doubt there's an MMO in the AppStore with gambling incorporated to it. I doubt there's even an app with gambling.

The cooldown I was talking about was meant for potions. Give any strength class unlimited potions like in PvE, and I guarantee you cannot kill them in a 1v1. Bears, pallies, and warbirds are hard enough to take down as it is, let them use potions and they will not die.

PvP issues existed way before GCD.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PC MMOs. I doubt there's an MMO in the AppStore with gambling incorporated to it. I doubt there's even an app with gambling.

The cooldown I was talking about was meant for potions. Give any strength class unlimited potions like in PvE, and I guarantee you cannot kill them in a 1v1. Bears, pallies, and warbirds are hard enough to take down as it is, let them use potions and they will not die.

PvP issues existed way before GCD.
    I relly wish people would actually read the whole post instead of just keywords. As i said you can bring 25 OF EACH POT MAX AND YOU COULD NOT LEAVE UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER. I chose my words wrong for the first topic which should not be read as gambling but as a stake which is much different since you have control over a stake and not gambling which i will now change. Cool-down would not be such a good idea since no one likes it but i think pvp pots should work the same as pve (although have a limit the amount you could bring into pvp which would be 25) but they should cost around 1k per pot or 20k for a set of 25. Also this would open up many more people to playing this game since lots of people argue that the reason they would not continue playing is because its not as deep as a computer based mmo. If we give it a few more steps it could actually be one of the greatest mmos ever, definatly better than come mmos that i have played on the computer. I mean you gotta think about a longer term kind of thing new things incorporate new people. Everygame that has a great pvp side of the game is always a winner since people like showing their skills against other people in the game and this would just widen the net for more players for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I relly wish people would actually read the whole post instead of just keywords. As i said you can bring 25 OF EACH POT MAX AND YOU COULD NOT LEAVE UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER. I chose my words wrong for the first topic which should not be read as gambling but as a stake which is much different since you have control over a stake and not gambling which i will now change. Cool-down would not be such a good idea since no one likes it but i think pvp pots should work the same as pve (although have a limit the amount you could bring into pvp which would be 25) but they should cost around 1k per pot or 20k for a set of 25. Also this would open up many more people to playing this game since lots of people argue that the reason they would not continue playing is because its not as deep as a computer based mmo. If we give it a few more steps it could actually be one of the greatest mmos ever, definatly better than come mmos that i have played on the computer. I mean you gotta think about a longer term kind of thing new things incorporate new people. Everygame that has a great pvp side of the game is always a winner since people like showing their skills against other people in the game and this would just widen the net for more players for sure.
    I did read the entire post, as difficult as it was.

How exactly can one not leave? You'll then have issues of players wanting to leave said game but can't, because of this.

Again, like Adino, we're just pointing out the flaws. We aren't the one TYPING IN ALL CAPS AS IF TO SHOUT TO PROVE A POINT. All the best ideas are the ones that are criticized and discussed the most.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I did read the entire post, as difficult as it was.

How exactly can one not leave? You'll then have issues of players wanting to leave said game but can't, because of this.

Again, like Adino, we're just pointing out the flaws. We aren't the one TYPING IN ALL CAPS AS IF TO SHOUT TO PROVE A POINT. All the best ideas are the ones that are criticized and discussed the most.
    I use capslock becuase it seems as life poeple are missing ot imporant points. If you do not wish to play the game then dont join. And also for that type of game a waiting room should be introduced and when there are enough people the actual game starts but you can leave anytime during the waiing room period but once the real game starts you cannot leave which i think makes perfect sense. 25 pots per player up to 10 players and an all out free-for-all map? i dont know how that doesnt sound fun and exciting but everyone is still stuck in their old ways and still wanna just pvp until their hp bar runs out which is getting really really old. m just trying to spice up the pvp experience just like the devs changed the UI, because its more INTERESTING. All hardcore pvp players would enjoy this an im going to pm people about this thread and see if they agree with these ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I use capslock becuase it seems as life poeple are missing ot imporant points. If you do not wish to play the game then dont join. And also for that type of game a waiting room should be introduced and when there are enough people the actual game starts but you can leave anytime during the waiing room period but once the real game starts you cannot leave which i think makes perfect sense. 25 pots per player up to 10 players and an all out free-for-all map? i dont know how that doesnt sound fun and exciting but everyone is still stuck in their old ways and still wanna just pvp until their hp bar runs out which is getting really really old. m just trying to spice up the pvp experience just like the devs changed the UI, because its more INTERESTING. All hardcore pvp players would enjoy this an im going to pm people about this thread and see if they agree with these ideas.
    Disregard my questions. When you suggest something, approach with an open and unbiased mind. Good luck.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Again, seems like people are missing out on important points.

HOW EXACTLY CAN ONE NOT LEAVE? I can easily exit PL, force close, and I would have been disconnected from the server hence making my character leave from the game. Unless it's as extravagant as 100 deaths per leave, I don't think the 'no leaving' policy will ever stick. Since you want to cater to the hardcore pvp players only, 100 deaths may not be a bad amount, assuming they hold in regard their stats.
    or it can be abused to get on the leaderboard
    people would also get pissed when they dc

i think a FFA map would be cool, but u cant keep someone from leaving
    which in a FFA map wouldnt be necessary anyway...who cares if someone leaves if theres no stake in it, which there shouldnt be

which brings me back to pvp rewards!
    have you even considered that in exchange for a number of "pvp points" you can get gold?
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Disregard my questions. When you suggest something, approach with an open and unbiased mind. Good luck.
    Not really only for hard-core pvper. I mean the duel for cash idea is definatly catering for hardcore pvpers but an ffa arena is something everyone would enjoying playing. About the no leaving rule if you disconnect your internet or something becuase you want to leave the game this would count as an automatic loss in a duel for cash match but say in an ffa match with pots it would be just the same as normal pvp but a bigger loss 10 deaths and thats it. In a normal ffa match with no pots i am not implementing the no leave rule im only implementing for all potion matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

plus the reason lots of pvper pvp is too have the best pvp stats so they wont be leaving in mid match to gain 10 deaths that quickly when they can just stick it out until the end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another problem if someone could please help. I just had to uninstall pocket legends for a second and then when i looked on market i couldnt find it and when i went on market on the computer it says pocket legends cannot be installed on your device's country. But ive been playing it the whole time in this country can someone please help me out, thanks.