Thread: Newt's D.P.S (Damage Plus Support) Engi Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hullukko, I agree completely but I just can't bring myself to not have my int as high as possible XD jk, It does seem buggy that the obvious engineer weapon(incinerator) wouldn't be the best damage/heal dealer.

As an aside, the drop rates on those limited shields seems lower( if ah prices mean anything much lower as they regularly go for thousands of creds), for those on a budget I couldn't recommend the holographic display more, it drops more and it is cheaper if you can't find one, but I can also see how a modified shield would be a place holder/alternative.

Just to reiterate, I'm not trying to refute anything anyonesaid, just offering up some additional information/opinions...okay mostly opinions
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBits View Post
    Hullukko, I agree completely but I just can't bring myself to not have my int as high as possible XD jk, It does seem buggy that the obvious engineer weapon(incinerator) wouldn't be the best damage/heal dealer.
    The incinerator and the widow have mixed up stat bonuses, I agree, but the fact of the matter is that the incinerator is a nerf gun when it comes to skill damage. And maximising int at the cost of damage output isn't sensible. I thought I'd point out that because there just seem to be way too many commandos and engineers hovering about with the incinerator and the obvious assumption is that they're just staring their dps stat. You obviously know better, but still choose to be wrong, which is baffling in its own right.

But the real bug is in the Dispenser, a two-handed which cannot compete with the widow + shield in damage output. There's always been the compromise for mages in PL about wand+shield and staff. And the staff has yielded way more damage, but you've been squishier. Now, the dilemma is gone and an engineer can simply go with shield + widow and it's the best combination for all circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by GigaBits View Post
    As an aside, the drop rates on those limited shields seems lower( if ah prices mean anything much lower as they regularly go for thousands of creds), for those on a budget I couldn't recommend the holographic display more, it drops more and it is cheaper if you can't find one, but I can also see how a modified shield would be a place holder/alternative.
    The budget argument is a limping one. We are (always) talking about what one should go for, not contemplating what to do when you're broke, that can be the secondary recommendation but the first one should be the best one.

The holo display is what you wear in blackstar, but not outside it. If one is that broke, one is better off wearing the modified 30, it's cheap enough for liquidation and offers formidable armor, which probably comes in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX
    I can't stress enough that the purpose of this thread is to provide a skill build, and not to compare equips.
    And as such it is excellent! I have effectively the exact same setup after all.

Like I said, I see too many gloves and incinerators on engineers in the game that I thought we who know better here in the forums should probably refrain from advertising them any further.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Thanks for your detailed responses! I welcome constructive comments but hate things like "i don't like it" or "that is stupid."

Quote Originally Posted by Hullukko
    Like I said, I see too many gloves and incinerators on engineers in the game that I thought we who know better here in the forums should probably refrain from advertising them any further.
    If you haven't yet, take a look back at my original post. I have edited it and added a screenshot to show the improvement that the black widow/shield has over other weapon choices. I WILL NOT be changing the screenshots now that I have obtained the Lv 28 holo shield though, i've got a little lazy in me yet, and it only offers a defense boost from the lv 29 holographic display used in the screenshots, all other stat boosts between the 2 are identical.

If one is that broke, one is better off wearing the modified 30, it's cheap enough for liquidation and offers formidable armor, which probably comes in handy.
    I have used both the lv 30 holo (134 armor but lower int boost) and the lv 29 holographic display (34 armor i believe but higher int boost), and have not had any issues with my health getting low using either shield, even when running stage 4 and 5 of slouch. So my suggestion is to try using the lv 29 first since it gives you more int, and if you are noticing that your health is getting low, then switch to the lv 30 for the higher defense. And i can't even remember the last time i used a stim on my engi, either. Both are rather cheap in auction, somewhere in the 30-200 cred range last few times i checked.

Edit:
    One more thing...........
    the incinerator is a nerf gun
    LMFAO
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*