Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *SUGGESTION* More Guildie info for GMs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default *SUGGESTION* More Guildie info for GMs.

Well, these have been suggested here and there, but I feel it needs to be brought up again along with some fresh ideas.

*We need a "last active date". KoC is so big it's hard to tell who's a lvl 10 alt/twink, or if the person just quit months ago. This would greatly assist in guild clean ups.

*A invite/boot log. Would be nice to know which officers do what when I'm not around, one too many times I've seen someone in guildchat who I can't for the life of me see how they got in the way they act. I would like to be able to demote officers that repeatedly recruit unfavorable people into the guild.

*Custom ranks. With 3 GM's, only one can truly have the power to promote/demote, kick officers, and let the new guildies know who's in charge. Having a single person in a 3 GM guild with all the power causes problems, and increases the workload on said individual.

*Guild Bulletin. Like Draco Mikato suggested, we need a message of the day to be available, to contact all members. Some people live on the other side of the map, so contacting them can prove difficult sometimes.

*View Alts button. It is the GM's right to know who is in his/her guild. I would like the ability to see who's alts are whose, and this would also greatly assist in guild list clean up, and cut down on shady acts.

*Promote your own alts, transfer leadership to alts. We need to be able to promote our alts, as well as switch ownership of the guild, and be able to do it alone. It's asking for trouble to have someone temporarily have ownership of your guild to switch toons.

*Guild stash. Even a simple one, for now. One where the officers may withdraw and donate, and the members may donate only. Havingto log on as a stash toon is a total pain, so much so that I rarely bother anymore.

*Reputation system. It would be nice to have a way to tell easily who has been helpful, who hasn't, and who needs a boot. Also would work to make sure officers are still working hard post-promotion.

*ability to mute a member from guildchat, as a punishment. If someone cusses or trolls in Guildchat, I'd rather punish them in some way besides having to kick them. Everyone deserves a second chance.

*Alliances. Would be awesome to be able to type /a and let people outside of your guild know what u wanna say. Kind of like a guild chat channel for non guild friends. I have alot of GM friends that I'd love to see this implemented for.

Hope you guys like these ideas, and show support, so we can manage our guilds easier! Thanks!

Edit: Dang, i was gonna put this in suggestions/feedback, but I forgot which forum I was in lol
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    Well, these have been suggested here and there, but I feel it needs to be brought up again along with some fresh ideas.

*We need a "last active date".

*A invite/boot log.

*Guild Bulletin.

*Guild stash.

*ability to mute a member from guildchat, as a punishment.
    Yes, yes, yes. I agree with these points...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

OMG yes. Yes, yes, and yes. Thanks Ebalare for your delicious brain sauce once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    *Promote your own alts, transfer leadership to alts. We need to be able to promote our alts, as well as switch ownership of the guild, and be able to do it alone. It's asking for trouble to have someone temporarily have ownership of your guild to switch toons.
    I've never had to transfer leadership in order to enlist nor promote my alts, granted, it does require the cooperation of an officer within the guild to do so. If one were to implement this into the game, this would allow for guild invites to be sent to offline users. Secondly, the only situations I can see that would require transfer in leadership is if you either want to relinquish the responsibilities of being GM, or a different user and guild member wants to upgrade the guild hall. Even then, it is still their decision to transfer leadership back to the original owner.

Egofury (35 Commando)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

You should be able to at least invite your own alts without doing a 2 device acrobatic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

+1. Cool ideas
    Deshraill | Lvl 41 Operative Deshx | Lvl 40Engineer
    ..Dream as if you'll live forever.
    Live as if you'll die tomorrow..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I love ALL of those ideas. I hope it gets due consideration. Very, very handy features you have suggested. I also would love to see them. +1!

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Agreed +1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Nice one. Agree with almost all the point.

Waiting for the good news.

*DivineHawkz -46 Operative
    Tired and sad but fun.. - Feitan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

+1 sir! Great ideas, this would improve the game so much! Hope these are implemented in the future! Good job Eb!
    Star Legends: Drues (Operative) - Yahbuddy (Commando)
    Pocket Legends: Dreusadadan (Archer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Awesome idea bro!

Thanks Aaroniero Arruruerie for the awesome signature!
    Star Legends: Shaocalur, Vanished, Desolated
    Dark Legends: Vanished

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere:446715

*Promote your own alts, transfer leadership to alts. We need to be able to promote our alts, as well as switch leadership of the guild, and be able to do it alone. It's asking for trouble to have someone temporarily have ownership of your guild to switch toons.
    I agree with everything buddy, but this part you can do. If you're the GM that has all the power, and want your alt as an officer, simply go through the guild roster and do it there. As for the GM transfer, it can be done the same way. Simply go through the roster and the star(transfer ownership icon) is on the left side of the member slot.
    p.s. I'll put some pics up right now

EDIT: Ok here it is. There you can see one of my alts is offline. That star is the transfer leadership icon. Then you see the arrow to promote or demote someone.

Last edited by javier995; 10-14-2011 at 09:27 AM.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Lady_Pebbles

Yes it would be nice to have thise types of options in guilds. Especially with PvP just around the corner (perse) it would be very helpful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

These are all excellent ideas, We need a massive group, all if we can, of GM's to post in here to let STS know that these improvements would be much appreciated. Especially the guild bulletin board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Was I one of the ppl you hate
    IGNs
    AL: Dsll - Mage lvl 40 ~ Dslll - Rogue lvl 11
    SL: Olz - Engineer lvl 46 ~ Troopakoopa - Operator lvl 20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

I don't hate anyone Olz, but don't hijack my thread please kk? We can chat in game.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dire need for each idea! Excellent Eb idea!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

If even 1/2 of these suggestions are implemented, guilds will be 2x as organized and 10x what they are now! great suggestions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Even as a plain old officer, there are plenty of these suggestions that I'd like to see implemented. Lots of very useful ideas here, I hope they get the attention they deserve.
    :|: Liathea - Rogue :|:
    :|: Liathea - Vamp :|: Arya - Vamp :|:
    :|: Liathea - Op :|: Briony - Engi :|: Kickpants - Comm :|:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Wow buddy how did I miss this lol maybe the section of the forum I visit least :/

+1 to all above

Promote/Demote your own alts/members is already implemented buddy just click the up or down arrows in guild roster (list).

(Or was this before they were implemented? :/ lol)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

i've been doing a lot of the listing stuff at KoC (anyone who knows me know i can't stand when things aren't organized) with help from the officers and gm's, but it is very brutal work and tiresome. having these functions built it will give me time to CATCH UP TO EB AND ALL HIS LV 36 TOONS!!!!!! But i hope you take these suggestions seriously STS, it would make a lot of people very happy :-D

Edit: as eb stated, there are 3 GMs at KoC, but only one can have the title of "master" officially in the game, so only this one person can promote/demote, and a GM with the title of "officer" in game really can only do what every other officer can do (i.e. can't promote own alts). I think "Co-gm" would be a good position:

GM
    Co-GM
    High ranking officer (maybe a good idea, someone other than the gm that is trusted in making sure other officers stay in line and can take disciplinary actions if necessary)
    Officer
    Recruiter

These are my suggested ranks, don't really know how others feel about recruiters, use them if u like them i guess.
    Also don't know if others have suggested something like this in another thread, not trying to steal anyone's thunder here.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 11-02-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*