Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: New Area bug, iPad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default New Area bug, iPad

I believe this happened on the Biosphere level, doing the Holo-ween quest. My char died (as is normal) and I typed "Owie" and it went into public chat, but my keyboard wouldn't drop down. I also couldn't type anything further after that. I went ahead and respawned at the start, but the keyboard was still there, no way to get it to drop or to even explain to the group what was going on. I popped out of the game and back in--keyboard still up. I couldn't log off since the log off button was covered by the keyboard (if I'd been half-smart, I could've split the keyboard and likely reached it. I wasn't.). I did a forced close and a complete shut down and things seem to be back to normal again.

It may be that the forced close will fix whatever little glitch it was, but if not, at least it's reported.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

That's strange. I just tried these steps on my iPad and the keyboard was fine. Please post here if you've also seen this happen, thanks!
    QA Ninja!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

I'll try again after I get done cooking (priorities!). I'd typed a couple messages into chat earlier in the run with no problems. I'll try the same level and see if it happens in the same area again or not.

ETA: I tried chatting in various levels of the new area and it didn't reoccur, Flip. It was either a one-off or I hit some odd combination of things (though I don't *think* I did) or the forced close fixed it, but all seems well and happy.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-20-2011 at 09:55 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CanonicalKoi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Ugh. It happened again today, Flip. Pulse Modification Deck this time. I hadn't been playing long and had come from a full shut-down. This time, I was able to text Ephemerix and let him know what was happening--the keyboard allowed me to type a message from my friend's list (still not able to type into chat at first) and after that, let me type a couple times in chat before that stopped. I was able to finish the level off with the keyboard split, but that meant I only had 3 skills and no way to swap to my other skill tree. (Luckily, I was playing Engie and could still hit Empathy, but I told everyone not to die--Revive was hidden by a keyboard half.)

The only other thing I can think of is this all started after I switched over to IOS 5 and I haven't synced since. There may have been an update to the OS, so I'll give that a shot. Sorry to be dumping an intermittent glitch on your head.

ETA: One other odd thing happened shortly before this. I went to give a party member an item and he was gone from my friends list. Poor Malveck had vanished--he wasn't on ignore since I could still hear him and he wasn't on my ignore list, he didn't show as being offline (shouldn't have anyway since he was standing right next to me), wasn't in the "pending list" (shouldn't been since he's been on my friends list from about day 1 in SL) and I couldn't add him--no add friend button. :/ I switched to my Engie from my Op and he was back on my friends list. A couple runs later, the keyboard froze. After the force close etc., Mal was back on Rauen's friends list.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 10-23-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I had this happen to me, I tried to fix it without resetting my drive but what happened was the keyboard disappeared. I don't have any way of explaining how to make it happen but it is a bug.
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Hey, Meowz! Mine doesn't disappear, it stays locked on the screen and I can't get rid of it. The only fix is to force close, power off and then back on and restart the game. I've tried synching, but it didn't look like there was much in the way of an update to the OS. If it happens again, I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the program.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have issues with my keyboard completely disappearing and even when I log outta the game it is still gone when I try to text but its like its there I just can't see it I have to go to options and clear catch but im on an android device

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

One last bit of info: both times that it's happened, I've hit chat while entering a room through a door that had to be opened. I have no clue if that'll help tracking it down or replicating it, but....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I had that exact same issue on my iPad in PL once or twice. Couldn't reproduce it either. There was no way to get rid of the keyboard, except for completely closing the app and restarting. I'm on iOS 5 btw

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I have this happen on PL (on ipad) a few times a day..but none of my other friends on iPads have had the issues thought it was just me.

Sometimes I was able to fix it by going to home screen but that no longer works either.

I have tryed resetting my keyboard in options, turning split keyboard off and on..still would happen.

I thought it happens when my finger slips and hits the screen just above the keyboard on the right hand side.

Just tested it and it did it again on the 10th try. I would type gibberish, tap the screen above just above the keyboard around the u/i/o/p area. Then hit done. Don't know if this helps or is related. But I was able to recreate this a few more times.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to angeldawn For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    I have this happen on PL (on ipad) a few times a day..but none of my other friends on iPads have had the issues thought it was just me.

Sometimes I was able to fix it by going to home screen but that no longer works either.

I have tryed resetting my keyboard in options, turning split keyboard off and on..still would happen.

I thought it happens when my finger slips and hits the screen just above the keyboard on the right hand side.

Just tested it and it did it again on the 10th try. I would type gibberish, tap the screen above just above the keyboard around the u/i/o/p area. Then hit done. Don't know if this helps or is related. But I was able to recreate this a few more times.
    Cool! Nice catch, Angel!

ETA: Dang! I'll have to wait and give you a "thanks" tomorrow.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Btw: I'm on ois5 and it has happened in Balefort Castle, Guild Hall and in Nuri maps (that's all I can remember). I can't remember where it happened to me in SL, but probably in base.

Thanks guys :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I suspect iOS 5 has something to do with it, could be entirely wrong though.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Playing with iPad 1 and iOS5 and this has happened to me. This can be recreated by:

1. Dying
    2. With the pop-up that says "respawn at entrance, buy or revive" displayed, hit the chat box at the top of the screen.
    3. The keyboard then appears and it refuses to disappear.

I was able to make it disappear eventually (I think by pressing the keyboard down button) but I am unable to chat. My only fix at that time was to reboot/restart my iPad.
    Last edited by Blackguard; 10-25-2011 at 03:33 AM. Reason: corrected typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It happens to me every 30 minutes! I mean come on, that's real annoying. If you check my Thread, it says about that too. Pls reply on my one too. ( that is if u can! ) So hopefully sts will fix this problem and it won't happen anymore.