Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Very Disappointed With This Content Update

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Very Disappointed With This Content Update

This is not impressing me right now it now look like that star legends is become a pay to play game. Why would u sell a game free and then make us pay it should be opposite we should pay to get the game and all the in game things cost gold... RIVET is 500 plat.do you realize that 500 plat is almost around 40 or 50$ that is very expensive just for a pet.and it holiday why do we got to pay for so much.Purps are decreased to like 1% unless your doing level 5 shipyard.And the boss on that is very very hard to beat.Please Reply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

While I agree that the plat stuff is a little outrageous this time (I've always bought plat armor...and now I don't see it being worth it at 30 plat per piece...), the purple drop rate is fine with me. Good to see they're actually dropping considering when the new content was first released, they definitely were not cycled into the drop list.

The thing I don't get about the armor being so expensive is that in 5 levels it's going to be inferior. The last set was 10 plat per piece...why are these 30? Sure they might look cool...but 30 plat is $5 base price (not taking larger order deals into account). That's $25 for a armor set. Some MMO's charge much less than that a MONTH and you get tons of different armor and weapon options. Doesn't seem fair to me, especially because you know there are people obsessed enough to buy the armor, and if people are buying it, there's no point in lowering the price =\

Just my 2 cents.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Again with the RIVET discussion, this is the omni crown all over again. It's like this, at the best deal the first pet in SL is only $11.25 via deal of the day, after that it doubles in price. The RIVET discussion should just die since the pet isn't essential to any part of the game besides the cool factor and once you're willing to overlook that then you'll feel much more at ease about the situation.

Now as far as the content goes, I'm still playing around with it so I don't know about the drops or the level 5 boss but if you've already identified how to increase your chances at a purple then I suggest you create a team and take on that boss and get those drops that you desire. On the note of how STS should run their business, the content used to be pay for play, players had to pay for maps but there were still vanity items and such that were paid for. Since those days the maps have become free except those that were not part of the main spine (not yet an option in SL) and the vanity items actually dropped in price so overall STS has made the game cheaper for all. Finally, I'm not sure where you believe your statement of "make us pay" is accurate; I have never paid a single dime and have everything I want. What do you believe they are making you pay for, a wow factor pet, enhancers... what exactly do you have to pay for?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well there is a contest going on in announcement part of star legends forums named win a r.I.v.e.t. other than the rest it was a needed change I love the end boss you actually need to know how to play to beat him. It ends the disorganized groups running and may help the economy so gear is worthless a week into new stuff.
    But for plat its no different than any other game they need a way to keep the servers running and this is it.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Only the air you breath is free...

How do think a 30 people company get to be paid for their work if all is free...

Pet is not a must have; if everybody had one, the sight would be boring also.
    If some want to pay 250-500 plat for it, its their choice and it help you play for free.
    There will be other available probably later at a more decent price.
    Theres an event to win 1 rivet btw... hurry up an participate btw.

About the drop rate it will probably get better soon. just b patient or play PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Acyer View Post
    Well there is a contest going on in announcement part of star legends forums named win a r.I.v.e.t. other than the rest it was a needed change I love the end boss you actually need to know how to play to beat him. It ends the disorganized groups running and may help the economy so gear is worthless a week into new stuff.
    But for plat its no different than any other game they need a way to keep the servers running and this is it.
    Was just googling around for other MMO games that offer free content...and found Runescape. I've heard of it before, but never looked at it. It's got a free "spine" or whatever people call it and you can make as many characters as you want. There is then "members" content which is like $6 a month I think...and the members stuff looks HUGE. Tons of new quests, armor, weapons, areas to explore. Not to mention they have like over100 servers...or like 20 servers with multiple things on each server? I dunno how that works...there's like 120 "worlds" and each world is linked to a country or a city? So I guess those are the servers? Either way...$6 a month for unlimited members content? Everything traded for in game gold? Seems like a better deal than $5 for a piece of armor that I can't sell back.

But the number of people who play Runescape or other big name MMO's on the computer probably far exceeds the number that play STS games, and I'm sure people have multiple member accounts, so I can see where the price difference is void.

I'm not saying make everything free. Free = no money = no more updates. I'm saying make things that you don't really need more affordable. Affordable = Appealing. Take tablets for example. No one really NEEDS an iPad. There is nothing an iPad can do that I can't do on something else. But it's a cool product at a price I can afford and is cheaper than the big name products like computers, so I'll buy one for entertainment. This same idea applies to handheld MMO's vs. big name computer MMORPG's.
    Last edited by Kahlua; 10-21-2011 at 06:42 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I'm going to try and decipher this message.

This is not impressing me right now it now look like that star legends is become a pay to play game. Why would u sell a game free and then make us pay it should be opposite we should pay to get the game and all the in game things cost gold...
    What about the people that can't afford to pay at all? 50 dollars one time fee might be easy for you to come by but for some, it's not. Think of it as a trial version, only in this trial version you get to play the full game for free if you wanted to. All the major content is available to you for free. The only thing that really cost you anything are "cool items" which are a bonus to the game. If you want extra you'd be willing to pay a little for it, if you can afford it. Even if this became a pay to play game I'd pay it a monthly subscription, there aren't many games out there that constantly get updated like SL does nor are there many games out there that offer the 3D and MMO potential on a handheld device like SL. I hate to say it but if the whole game were free we probably wouldn't have updates like we get or events. I know I don't like to work for free and I'm pretty sure the STS Dev Team doesn't either, welcome to society. Platinum is their way to help bring this game to people who can't afford 50 bucks straight up or a subscription while still letting anyone willing, who wants to try the game. Come in and play.

RIVET is 500 plat.do you realize that 500 plat is almost around 40 or 50$ that is very expensive just for a pet.and it holiday why do we got to pay for so much.
    This is a vanity item and like most vanity items not everyone is ment to have one. Do you realize how boring an item would be, especially a first "new" vanity pet, if everyone in the game had one? They should just go ahead and do away with the vanity system if everyone was able to get every vanity in the game. Like the guy mentioned, RIVET was on sale for half price yesterday, and probably will be in the future. If you want something special that most people in game arent going to have then 12 bucks really isnt that much. I know people who would pay like 500 bucks for a pet in World of Warcraft. 20 bucks for a pet in SL isn't all that bad.

Purps are decreased to like 1% unless your doing level 5 shipyard.
    Have you tried Level 3 yet? The robot loader drops purples left and right also.

And the boss on that is very very hard to beat.
    The boss is challenging I'll admit but this is how boss fights are suppose to be. CHALLENGING. God forbid you actually have to work together with your group and try to get loot in Star Legends now. He's challenging but he's beatable. Many have already beat him no problem. I'd be disappointed if they nerfed him because the end game boss is just fine the way he is. Finally we're not all going to have endgame armor right away.

Rodvik - 40 Engineer - Guy on the Couch in Infinite Union
    Fouroneone - Pay It Forward

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rodvik For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lol guys ahah
    Stop whining, it's a free to play, every gamer knows that you Will spent much more money in a free to play game than in a pay to play game....
    World of warcraft : 13 euros per month
    Star legends : 60 euros for a new update ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

My two cents... R.I.V.E.T is 500(250 deal of the day) plat because they do not want every single player in the game running around with one lagging everything down. Just an honest opinion. Could you image if they were 100 plat or below on first day. Add that with all the new rental vanities and Halloween weapon vanities. It would be nuts.

World of warcraft : 13 euros per month
    Star legends : 60 euros for a new update ^^
    There is absolutely no cost to update Star Legends I'm not sure what you are referring to with this price. Vanities and what not are only 10 plat to participate in Holo-Ween event.
    Last edited by Fac3bon3s; 10-21-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

It's free to play but you have to pay to get everything... How else could they make money? I have my own issues with some aspects (elixirs in PL, for example) but there is no way they can stay in business if everything is 5 plat...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

be carefull what you wish for, you might end up looking like this

Quote Originally Posted by Serbian View Post
    Ok so I wait patiently for an update...update comes. I spend $50 on platinum. Buy that pet for 250 platinum. Spend majority of it on enhancers so I can be lvl 35 ASAP. I get to lvl 35 after hours and hours of farming exp. I get so excited, I buy myself the best gear platinum can get me....and this is what it looks like. This is what 150 platinum will get you...

So I dont know who the designer is but how can you possibly compare this outfit to the one at lvl 30....its impossible. I look like a Bavarian Butler wearing some skimpy tights. Even the weapon but lets not go there. This is ridiculous. I was not expecting to look like a fool until the next update. I am very very unhappy with this look...give it to the engineer or something. Far too disappointed.
    i am not worried about the plat they ask, because it's optional (but recommended), but i'm disappointed in what you get after paying it.
    (read the Thread for more info, i do not want to double post).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hmm.

Got the point. I agree with u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm quite happy with the update so maybe I shouldn't be on this thread :P I find the boss difficulty to be about right and the drop rate for epics is ok too. Who cares if it's like $50 for a vanity pet? It's a VANITY pet. It has absolutely NO effect in gameplay. You no like? Don't buy! My only real gripe is that I wish the costumes weren't quite so pricey. But being vanity, not really a big deal.

I also think their free to play model is perfect with the extras not too terribly priced, particularly the premium character option. You can literally spend nothing and do just fine or you can download a few free apps for some perks. I have bought some Plat here and there. Like maybe $10 worth. Because there's no monthly fee, I get to decide when and how much I want to pay.

I appreciate the hard work that STS has put into this game and the regular attention this game gets in the form of patches, fixes and content updates. They could just make the game, sit back, collect our money and do nothing. But then they'd have to change their name to Gameloft. Then there would definitely have reason to complain!

Just my 2 Plat...
    Last edited by Cyberius; 10-21-2011 at 10:02 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree with Cyberius. There is little or nothing you HAVE to buy that impacts your play. Heck, you can fight fine with dropped armor/weapons and not be totally gimpy in all instances. So if you just like the fun of the game, accept a free game funded by others.

Now as far as purchased items, they need to make sure that they spend some time making that stuff LOOK good. The Commando level 35 armor is embarrassing.

Looking ahead, I think this could be a bigger issue if/when they introduce PVP. A person with purchased equipment kicking peoples butts will start a fire on here I suspect.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Okay this will end the pitiful arguments...
    GET OVER IT! No one is "MAKING" you buy platinum! You don't "NEED" that RIVET! You choose what to do in this game not the devs. Don't froget that the new armor is supposed to go with the theme of the campaign!
    Ok I'm done.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

If you're calling my "argument" pitiful, you clearly didn't understand the point I was making (the longer post where I quoted Acyer). Go back and read it again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

If STS is desperate for money.... I dont know why they are making these outrageous prices. I think if they price items for 50 plat (permanent) instead of 500 plat, they will sell 100x better. It would actually give the Children who play this game something to work for IRL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    If STS is desperate for money.... I dont know why they are making these outrageous prices. I think if they price items for 50 plat (permanent) instead of 500 plat, they will sell 100x better. It would actually give the Children who play this game something to work for IRL.
    While I was one person arguing on the side of making plat items cheaper, I stand on the fence with vanities. They're called Vanity items for a reason. To steal from wikipedia, Vainglory is an archaic synonym for vanity. They're meant to be symbols of wealth and bragging rights. Nothing to brag about if everyone's got one. Putting something at a very expensive price is what a vanity is supposed to be; something not everyone can afford, but those who do, can brag about it.

I still stand that armor should be more affordable considering we already have limited selection for good armor as it is (and I'm fine with that) but with vanities...I'll buy the ones I like if they're cheap, and stay away from the "real" vanity items.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

This has been said a million times, but Vanity is for nothing but show. STS has not charged for any of the expansions here, whereas i paid for many in PL, some of which became free for others, while others still cost plat. STS has said that they have done this so that nobody will be required to pay to play (sry i don't have a quotes, but i saw a dev post something like this somewhere else). Sure, without plat you can't finish the special halloween quest or get a pet, but you don't NEED these to fully play all the stages. This benefits people who can't get the plat. MAYBE WE SHOULD THANK THEM FOR THIS INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING THEM FOR TRYING TO MAKE MONEY ANOTHER WAY SINCE THE EXPANSIONS ARE FREE. I know i have bills, i think it is likely the devs do too. Everyone needs a paycheck. Sure, i get annoyed sometimes about the plat stuff, but i get more annoyed at MYSELF for spending it stupidly (buying 4 halloween item vanity packs at 20 plat each bc i wanted a pitchfork) than at STS. STS hasn't MADE me spend any plat. We all decide that for ourselves. Anyone who doesn't like the plat system is free to check out the other MMO's that are in app stores.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 10-21-2011 at 01:09 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua:456212
    While I agree that the plat stuff is a little outrageous this time (I've always bought plat armor...and now I don't see it being worth it at 30 plat per piece...), the purple drop rate is fine with me. Good to see they're actually dropping considering when the new content was first released, they definitely were not cycled into the drop list.

The thing I don't get about the armor being so expensive is that in 5 levels it's going to be inferior. The last set was 10 plat per piece...why are these 30? Sure they might look cool...but 30 plat is $5 base price (not taking larger order deals into account). That's $25 for a armor set. Some MMO's charge much less than that a MONTH and you get tons of different armor and weapon options. Doesn't seem fair to me, especially because you know there are people obsessed enough to buy the armor, and if people are buying it, there's no point in lowering the price =\

Just my 2 cents.
    This is why so many games are going FTP, because people tend to spend much more per month on microtransactions than they would on a subscription.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050