Thread: A guide to the shipyards horrible boss.... The mysterious figure.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blackguard View Post
    Defeated the boss with 1 commando and 1 operative in the team.

Note that there are 3 skills that can interrupt the boss and minions from using the console - singularity (comm), gravity well (comm) and lurch (oper). These 3 skills were sufficient to keep the boss and minions away from the console. We had to focus on killing the minions first, though, in order to lessen the number of enemies who can use the console.
    Do you mind if I delve into this further?

First off well done completing SY5 boss with 2 players!

Though this brings to mind some other unanswered questions/views.

How long did this take you? How many Stim and PPs did you both use? What was the outcome from this? (Any Epic Drops)

Though this would most probably take 5-10+ mins to complete with one Op and Com, due to so many minions spawning, and the amount of dmg being made which couldn't surpass that of a group.

Used to run Solo alot! and in Numa kill farming for LB I personally found that the drops were 'Trash Items' not once did I get a green in 10k+ kills (not even a Rusty Pistol etc). Though when a guild member popped on to greet me and help with heals we would both start to get Rare (Green) drops regular. Have a sneak suspicion that the 'power that be' lowered the drop rates for Solo and hightened them for groups, so that we will run in groups to farm as SL is team based, No 'I' in 'TEAM' so to speak.

Also the thread is to help groups to take down this boss in the most effective way, unsure how this would fit in, that said still have to commend you on taking him down with two players
    Last edited by BodMaster; 10-25-2011 at 09:41 AM.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o