Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: SL Contest: Design a Pet! Credit prize.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Default SL Contest: Design a Pet! Credit prize.

When I first started out in AO2, I met someone during a boss run that told me that if I could beat him to the boss (it was rushing back then), I would win something. I did.

His name was "Nineinchtails", I remember him because he gave me 300k with his last 'log-out' breath. That capital jump-started my PL career.

I want to do the same. This isn't a racing contest, I could never organize one as successful as the previous one, but this is a drawing contest.

Contest:

With the introduction of SL's first vanity pet, RIVET, there is now room to dream and imagine your ideal Star Legends Pet.
    • Draw your own version of what a Star Legends Pet should be. An alien, a robot, a mystical-futuristic hybrid creature-bot, anything. Its what suits you and what you think a cool Star Legends Pet should be.

• Include a name. It can be like RIVET's, include the break-down, or it can be a stand-alone word, up to you. Name it.

• Remember, this is Star Legends. Relevance will play a role in the initial selection of finalists.

• Creative, cool, unique, funny. Impress me and the community.

Rules:

I hate cheating or unethical and ungentle(wo)manly conduct, so any of that will disqualify you.
    • No alternate forum accounts, no multiple submissions, none of that. You get one design in. To filter it out a bit, any forum account registered after this post is not valid. If you were referred here or has a friend that has an account, let him submit it for you.
    • No alts to claim the prize - use your main. It's quite easy to tell a main from an alt.
    • Again, no cheating or any type of deception. I have the ability to read minds through the internet, be wary. That includes fully copying models and images from other sources. It's the internet, I can find copied work.

Prizes:

Similar to my jump-start, first place is 300,000 credits. No runner-ups prizes, just recognition.

Judging:

The finalists will be chosen by the community. A separate thread poll will be created as soon as the contest is over.

To screen the finalists, the entries will be chosen by me. So yes, you have to impress me, and remember, I hate cheating (bribery included).

Screening is done to reduce the chances of a fluke win. Too many entries will disperse all the votes, making it possible for an entry to win from a single vote due to its limited voters.

Duration:

It will end after next, next Sunday. November 6, 2011 at 11:59PM forum time. Thread will be locked by then, no more entries. Poll will follow shortly after.

Entries posted in the thread. Update your post if you want to update your entry.

Have fun! Remember, I wanna see something creative, cool, funny, unique. Who knows, STS may take interest into your design and implement it into the game

Good luck, may the best drawing win!

Last edited by Ellyidol; 10-24-2011 at 09:32 PM.