Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: deal of the day bug

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Default deal of the day bug

Deal of the day does not last all day it looks like it switches. Today I had 3 * xp andd all the goodies that came with it...then switch 2 35,000 credits. It seem like a bug thought that I would report it thanks.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Think they changed it to their time, not ours to avoid people changing dates to get older deals. I think it's on Texas time.

I'm guilty of it myself one time. Wanted another RIVET. I missed the deal by a couple hours, and couldn't get it even by changing. I forgot it then wanted another one.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 10-22-2011 at 09:16 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

My deal of the day is always stuck on 5 plat for 500 credits lol...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

lol...
    PL:Xxkoopyxx~Xpertfarmer~Avianftw~Ithepvptwink~ Expertfarmer~Gratuity~Theaviantwink~Bearocalypsed~ Tehmagetwink~Tehbeartwink~Koopymerch+more AL:Thepvptwink~Xxkoopyxx~Ithepvptwink SL: Thepvptwink DL: Thepvptwink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Think they changed it to their time, not ours to avoid people changing dates to get older deals. I think it's on Texas time.

I'm guilty of it myself one time. Wanted another RIVET. I missed the deal by a couple hours, and couldn't get it even by changing. I forgot it then wanted another one.
    If that was the case then it wouldn't happen to me. I live in California, so I would get DoD 2 hours before 12. That being said, it did change for me as well. About an hour ago it was the 3X xp deal, now it's the 35k deal. The countdown is smaller now. Each one lasts about 5-6 hours. I'm pretty sure it's a bug since DoD, and not 1/4 of the day deal lol.
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by javier995:458331
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post

If that was the case then it wouldn't happen to me. I live in California, so I would get DoD 2 hours before 12. That being said, it did change for me as well. About an hour ago it was the 3X xp deal, now it's the 35k deal. The countdown is smaller now. Each one lasts about 5-6 hours. I'm pretty sure it's a bug since DoD, and not 1/4 of the day deal lol.
    Well I three something is definitely odd about it.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

It Would be cool to see more deals in one day.....then I could set a reminder on my phone to check the deal....but then, ppl would be forced to see sl and pk more regularly
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    It Would be cool to see more deals in one day.....then I could set a reminder on my phone to check the deal....but then, ppl would be forced to see sl and pk more regularly
    And you! You'd be *forced* to go into the game more often! You'd be trying hard to be all productive and stuff, but you'd have to check. Totally not your fault. Out of your hands. (I'm teasing you, by the way, if it wasn't obvious. Lol!)
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    See where you are going with this and kinda agree, though I think this would cause more harm than good, negative threads and feedback due to missing a Dotd (Plus we would have to come up with another cool Acronym ) people I have spoken to so far love the whole day of 'Mega Pack' helps alot, most would be see this cut down by half a day (the hardcore leveling type) esp with the chance of getting the 36 Vanity. Though this could be argued that if it wasn't a full day then it would be less of a wait until the deal came back.. maybe best to keep it how it is.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Anyone else notice that the galactic goggles was 10 cr but on sale for 7cr. You can buy them at the store for 5 cr. Must be a bug cause I know the devs wouldnt try to rip us off, right?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wash For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

My deal of the day is always on stims for 6 platinum

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wash View Post
    Anyone else notice that the galactic goggles was 10 cr but on sale for 7cr. You can buy them at the store for 5 cr. Must be a bug cause I know the devs wouldnt try to rip us off, right?
    Likely the script was written when the price was 10 credits and wasn't changed when they just did a bunch of price drops.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Likely the script was written when the price was 10 credits and wasn't changed when they just did a bunch of price drops.
    Makes sence

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    Exactly right. Good catch, thanks! We'll be refunding the 2 plat difference to people who bought the DotD at the incorrect price. Cinco Loco is slashing prices!
    QA Ninja!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Flip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Exactly right. Good catch, thanks! We'll be refunding the 2 plat difference to people who bought the DotD at the incorrect price. Cinco Loco is slashing prices!
    LMAO! Everytime I watch that I burst out into laughter!

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Correction: We are refunding 4 plat to anyone who bought the DotD this morning. This has already happened, please contact support if you feel you should have received a partial refund and you did not.
    QA Ninja!