Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dev Blog: Regarding Weapons that deal a % of an enemy's health

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paw View Post
    Everytime i hear something like this it makes me laugh a little. I miss the days when i used to think like this.. then u grow older n realise LIFES NOT FAIR, DEAL WITH IT
    Yes but when people make it not fair, I comment on it that's how I deal with it.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Away from all the fair and unfair people seem to be worrying about, im just happy they did what was right. Yes everyone wont be happy and some may lose from it and some may win from it but at the end of the day its what makes this game so good right now. Not everythings set in stone and the devs are actually taking player feedback into concideration. Cant thank you enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Imagine how difficult it is to predict the outcome of gear stat choices and its overal effects in game these days, in the old days without awakenings, jewels, high level caps, arcane artifact boosts etc etc etc it must have been relatively simple .... but now wewwwwww ... so very many variables
    I mean sts can predict a certain amount of the effects of items, but until they are truly implemented it must be soooo difficult to really know.
    It makes sense to cap the ds boss percent damage ... i think its correct to balance it out, it would be nice that the ds remains capped at m6 as it is now so that players dont feel the difference until the next expansion imho?

As with all things its about balance ... so sometimes in order for the greater good things have to be tweeked as things reveal themselves out of beta testing more correctly, else everything spirals out of control?
    We should feel privelidged that sts are discussing things with the community openly so our ideas and thoughts can be taken into consideration, and so that sts can see the game from a different perspective and keep it on track.
    The game developers own the right to change things as and when and how they see fit ... ultimately its for the games greater good and its continued progression?

If nothing is done about the current ds then it will never be superceeded in the game ... it has to be addressed

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greoatef For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Hey y'all!

Vroom here with another Dev Blog. Today I want to give the players some insight on changes that are coming to AL!

What's Changing?
    Weapons that deal a percentage of the enemy's health as damage will have an upper limit placed on the amount of damage they can do.

But Why?
    Weapons that deal a % of the enemy's health as damage are really good. They're great weapons and because they deal a percent of the enemies health they'll do more damage the harder the enemy is. This makes them very attractive and we want to keep them in the game. Unfortunately without some form of limit on them, these weapons never stop being good. As bosses increase in health, these weapons, no matter how low their other stats are, are exceptionally useful. This is already the case with the Dragon Hunter Staff (especially because the percent health damage ignores armor).

In order to make sure the Dragon Hunter Staff doesn't become the greatest weapon well beyond its intended range, we're going to put a cap on how much damage it can deal.

What does this mean?
    When evaluating how much damage the Dragon Hunter Staff proc will deal, there will be a maximum value that can be reached. If the % of damage the weapon is trying to deal surpasses that value, it will be used. For example: if a boss has 1 million health, your proc is trying to deal 10% of the enemy's health, and the cap is 50,000. Normally 10% of 1 million would be 100,000, but instead the weapon will deal the maximum value, 50,000.
    The values calculated for the Dragon Hunter Staff are based on the amount of damage the weapon is intended to deal at its intended level. This means the Dragon Hunter Staff is balanced around Level 46 mobs.

How is this bad for the game?
    One major aspect that can be missed is that when items like the Dragon Hunter Staff exist, they can mask greater problems with the game. For example, we wouldn't know if the Mausoleum bosses are too hard or have too much health. Why not? Because many of our players are just fighting these bosses with the Dragon Hunter Staff, resulting in the bosses dying much quicker than intended. Weapons, or any items in the game, that work way beyond their intended range often cause problems like this. We listen to the feedback of our players, we make adjustments for the overall health of the game and of our players. When things are skewing or breaking that balance, it hides more important problems because some players are able to skirt around it using this unbalanced weapons.

We want to make sure that your voices come through and together we continue to make Arlor the best place on a mobile platform, and to do that we need make sure there are no leaks in the boat!

Anything else?
    I added in a quality of life change so you can actually see the damage from the Dragon Hunter Staff being applied (yay!)
    XD, theres also the immortal bow. It was really hitting the boss like a truck!
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    418 Posts

Hi Vroom, as a warrior, if for example i happen to farm mauso 6 with 3 other warrior(i know, that would not be very wise but im curious), is there a way to kill boss in decent time? if so how? wich pet or wich wep?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marsu4u View Post
    XD, theres also the immortal bow. It was really hitting the boss like a truck!
    In post “they” recourr a lot referring to weapons....
    Drag Staff, that is the most effective, was took as example.
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

is the change live? i heard rumors about the change, but i don't see any in game announcement about it @_@
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #148
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

The change is not live yet, we also haven't announced when this is coming, just that it's coming!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

The change is not live yet, we also haven't announced when this is coming, just that it's coming!

Shifty eyes
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azefiokall View Post
    Hey hey mister fixer, let’s forget the ds for now and talk about what u guys said about maus gl, if my brain works will one of u guys said *u have maus for gold soo u don’t need any other map for high gl* and what i see as a avarice user i don’t get what i used to get in old times i run with around 500% gl maybe and still get lil gold and that’s piss me coze i run maus for gold and i lose more than what i get like what happened to *gold digging map*? And by removing the ds u need to give us something that do dmg for bosses coze it’s hard and just make sure to fix gl coze i don’t want avarice to lose the value it have now or u gona ruine this and it will be meh thanx again mister fixer <3 with love
    Can't agree more. If Devs think that keep nerfing gold loot will make economy more stable, they thinking wrong. People will never drop down most items prices, so gold loot nerfed makes it WORST now. How come i have around 90%gl MORE than i had months before and I loot exactly the same than before ? Its not fair enough when you spent lot of gold in GL items, and people still selling items beyond the millions. I wanna see DEVS make a serious thread about the actual amount of gold loot per % and stop nerfing it, just cause now they think was a bad choise getting it into the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts

thank you for the reply
    always milking, no service
    AL IGN: Extrapayah/Extraparah/Extrajelek
    Support Shared Pet Stable Please!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

OMG, this is too funny. Because people are already saying how % weapons aren't as good as they used to be lololol.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Does dragon blade been nerfed too? I felt the difference in the last few days. It only proc 4 times in 1 Maus 6 run when it used to be a lot of proc happening. I use full voice and mix of excellent and forti finnese jewels still got even twice proc came out in last Maus run. What is happening? I asked some other dragon blade user, they also say the difference in the past few days. The proc became rare! It's already hard to proc weapon, why nerfed? Seriously if this what's really happen no rogue will get invited on Maus. I use to proc on first charge attack now the proc just gone! Disappeared! I us the same skill and pet. Some info from other rogues, they also feel the difference at elite southern gate. Please confirm about this. Thank you in advance.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ciagenny For This Useful Post:

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #154
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ciagenny View Post
    Does dragon blade been nerfed too? I felt the difference in the last few days. It only proc 4 times in 1 Maus 6 run when it used to be a lot of proc happening. I use full voice and mix of excellent and forti finnese jewels still got even twice proc came out in last Maus run. What is happening? I asked some other dragon blade user, they also say the difference in the past few days. The proc became rare! It's already hard to proc weapon, why nerfed? Seriously if this what's really happen no rogue will get invited on Maus. I use to proc on first charge attack now the proc just gone! Disappeared! I us the same skill and pet. Some info from other rogues, they also feel the difference at elite southern gate. Please confirm about this. Thank you in advance.

Nothing about proc rates have been changed, and specifically nothing has changed about the dragon blade.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

17. The Following User Says Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

+1 I agree with this fully.
    Would devs tell us if they are privately nerfing or testing a nerf on live servers? Before gold, PvE kills maps in certain maps got 'nerf' but there was no official mention whatsoever.
    The dragon staff got a lower DOT on its proc too, before a DS user could do more chunks of damage onto boss per DOT proc of the DS, now the DOT proc is way smaller.
    These changes are very noticeable as many players run and use these weapons on a regular basis, if something is changed regarding these we notice them immediately.

Kindly ask the devs to be more transparent regarding these issues.
    I get that nerfing what players use and love on a regular basis will bring dislike and drama on forums but lying is a whole other thing, if the case might be that they are in total honesty not nerfed then my bad for claiming these statements but from my perspective I've seen quite some differences.
    Last edited by Abuze; 03-12-2018 at 04:53 PM.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Abuze For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I like the change from proc rates dragon blade now, run muso becomes very difficult and challenging especially giant mob which is getting crazy because its very hard to get stun from dragon blade. And at that time I thought rogue was useless here lol

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xtgem For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    +1 I agree with this fully.
    Would devs tell us if they are privately nerfing or testing a nerf on live servers? Before gold, PvE kills maps in certain maps got 'nerf' but there was no official mention whatsoever.
    The dragon staff got a lower DOT on its proc too, before a DS user could do more chunks of damage onto boss per DOT proc of the DS, now the DOT proc is way smaller.
    These changes are very noticeable as many players run and use these weapons on a regular basis, if something is changed regarding these we notice them immediately.

Kindly ask the devs to be more transparent regarding these issues.
    I get that nerfing what players use and love on a regular basis will bring dislike and drama on forums but lying is a whole other thing, if the case might be that they are in total honesty not nerfed then my bad for claiming these statements but from my perspective I've seen quite some differences.
    I see no difference in DOT on DS
    Who run with me knows that I use to joke around saying “sell ds with lazy proc” time to time, and I do that from the beginning when maus was released. And now I don’t feel it’s any different. What changed is the massive use of tainted weapons, that having no “active” proc at all have a different impact in the gameplay (IMO).
    If there would be a competition for stupidity, I would be second. Cause I’m stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I won't run maus atm. I see everyone dying severely except the Warrior in random party when it wasn't so much like that in the past. Mage shield also has bug. Many have confirmed.

Last edited by ciagenny; 03-13-2018 at 04:20 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I won't run maus atm. I see everyone dying severely except the Warrior in random party when it wasn't so much like that in the past. Mage shield also has bug. Many have confirmed.

Interesting! Which kind of bug? Can you share some detail? Happens that I make pulls raising my shield as I always did and nothing different from before imo. Same when I check maus maps up to m5 (check I mean dead ends, treasure rooms etc).

I have the pleasure and luck to run with some of the best players around and obviusly those runs are smooth and fast.
    Totally different when I go random and you see players with big room in improvement, not just equip but also strategy/pets.
    It’s a long time I use the same build/equip and Imo what really affect the run is which kind of party you run with.

The only thing that imo is different in maus is that Toxy AA doesn’t stun anymore boss like before.

Just sharing my opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xxkayakxx View Post
    Interesting! Which kind of bug? Can you share some detail? Happens that I make pulls raising my shield as I always did and nothing different from before imo. Same when I check maus up to m5.

I have the pleasure and luck to run with some of the best players around and obviusly those runs are smooth and fast.
    Totally different when I go random and you see players with big room in improvement, not just equip but also strategy/pets.
    It’s a long time I use the same build/equip and Imo what really affect the run is which kind of party you run with.

The only thing that imo is different in maus is that Toxy AA doesn’t stun anymore boss like before.

Just sharing my opinion
    Still get stunned even when shield on. They were on elite southern gate. No precise info from those running in maus. This is a bit off topic I thought maybe there is a bug regarding dragon blade because the Mage's shield seem so. I have no idea. I will wait a little while before taking decision about my dragon blade.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to ciagenny For This Useful Post: