Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LVL30 custom vs. LVL35 normal & custom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Dolla Dolla Bill, ya'll! Thanks, but is that really all you get for the custom? Unless I'm missing something, you've got the following improvement:

Hit % = +5
    Mana = +4 (this def seems low)
    Damage = +1
    DPS = +2
    Armor = +68

A lot has been made of how armor does not make that much of a difference so I don't see how this is worth $100k or whatever it costs to go custom. Am I missing something? With the Whistler and Plat damage implant, I can get my low end damage up to 72 or so using 35 greens that give large INT boosts. I get ALL the aggro with this build except when a Comm uses a taunt. (My build is basically the same as LelouchX except I just respec'd to try sonic boom at 6 with wither and leech at 4 each. At level 36 i will add 1 to one of them. So far this is good for SY2 but tough in SY5 given the aggro draw.)

I switch between a green "damage" load out, a custom atomite with Plat m/s implant "mana regen" load out, and a PlasmaTech "armor" load out. The armor one seems useless given that with the custom atomite, I don't grab aggro and therefore need the extra armor.
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Teddyache For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

haha, i definately agree. i am done wasting my money on recipes. well said firoth
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It's not a big difference but I've noticed that when I run sy5 with custom atomite vs custom plasma, plasma set wins. I am a engineer tank and with plasma I've noticed I don't use stims as much if I were using custom atomite. I believe for the short term custom plasma is best because when new cap comes out you can use full plasma till you hit new lvl cap and get new set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Ya, I have a feeling that extra armor will come in handy in the next expansion. We will see. I'm still not going custom though... Going to save up for future customs that seem better.
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.