Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Bug: A Sound hangs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Post Bug: A Sound hangs

Recently i have a bug on the ipad2 that while playing a sound pops up and repeats over and over, until i leave the map. When i go to base or a next map it stops. The sound is very short, its kind of a bad bass on a rave-party all other sounds still work as normal, just the one sound sticks.
    I will some more investigation on which sound it might be. My guess for now is a chest, but im not sure. I just want to post it for now, to check if others have noticed this too. So anyone?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    Recently i have a bug on the ipad2 that while playing a sound pops up and repeats over and over, until i leave the map. When i go to base or a next map it stops. The sound is very short, its kind of a bad bass on a rave-party all other sounds still work as normal, just the one sound sticks.
    I will some more investigation on which sound it might be. My guess for now is a chest, but im not sure. I just want to post it for now, to check if others have noticed this too. So anyone?
    This is the first time I have ever heard of this. Your best bet is to pm flip and tell him about it. He helped me when I had a bug

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

No need to PM, I'm lurking =) Something that would help me track this down would be any specifics you can give about when the sound starts repeating. Does it seem to be related to the sound of an enemy dying? A skill firing? A notification going off for a different game? Always in the same map? Did this only start after updating to iOS 5.0.1? The more info you can give us the better. Thanks tearacan!
    QA Ninja!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Here is an follow up my initial bug report.

i'm playing on a ipad2 which hasn't been updated yet (will check version later). i shut the ipad down daily.
    I have been playing for while, since opening day, but the sound-bug just occurred recently, around the time when the new pink guns were added. Not saying that this update caused it, but it might

I narrowed the sound down to the sound of a chest before opening one. So it's not "caching" on opening, but a low sound while tapping the chest to open. The trigger seems to be chests containing craft items, also on the newish blue-craft-bin-chests too. The room i play seems not to matter, i thought it was slouch-o only, but it happens in delta7 and cycorp too so probably every where with a craft chest.
    When it happens it almost always happens map after map.

I do often have notification out (at base, the usual friend request spam), but normally they won't pop while playing a map and specially not map after map with he same people.

Might it be time for a re-install solution?

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

It's definitely worth running the iOS update to 5.0.1. It fixes several issues with performance and battery life. If that doesn't fix the problem I'd try reinstalling the game, as you mentioned.
    QA Ninja!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

This bug happens to me as well. only repeats the string when you open a chest or search a body. most annoying bug ever imo..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Happened to me on Android, quite randomly. It just seems to happen out of nowhere, and keeps repeating until the app is force closed and restarted. Not confined to iOS. Seems to be absent in shipyard for some reason.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

This bug happen to me too. The sound of opening chests or searching body will go on and on and on...i am playing on my iphone 3gs with ios 4.5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Default good news and bad news...

The re-install of the game was a success, but the bug remains.
    After a re-installing the game i couldn't get a connection with the server. Not much later i discovered that was due to an update. Got me scared for a moment! lol

Now sometimes when the screen if filled up with mobs and skill effects i have an interesting 'ping' sound too (perhaps a button of some kind). It stops swiftly as it came after the mayhem is stopped and all the mobs are dead.

Reading the other posts it seems different as the android bug, where on IOS (or ipad only?) the sounds stops after loading a new map.
    @SuRfY can you confirm this?
    Last edited by tearacan; 11-22-2011 at 04:43 PM.