Thread: Thren's ENG Hybrid Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lady_Pebbles

Default Thren's ENG Hybrid Build [Up'd for lvl41]

My Engineer's (Thren's) Build @lvl41

My Gear

Full Custom Ruentech Set. Replace the vest with the Tech-Priest Vestments (new pink vest for Engs). With this vest, my stats are bananas! lol

Weapon: Primed Tempest Coil (or Custom Chaos Breather)

Shields: Blackstar Shield (more hp), Electro Blocker (more intl), Energy Field Generator (more armor). Use whichever one you feel you need. I use the Blackstar Shield.

Implants: Condor Eye Implant or Eagle-Eye Implant to maximize your dmg.

My Stat Points

INT & STR. Play around with the amount you distribute to get whatever balance you want. It will balance out your stats a bit.

OR

All INT. Increases all of your skills dmg, base dmg & heals... but you'll use up more mana stims. Overall best way to go if you're not sure how to mess with the STR stat as an ENG.

The Skills I Use

1 Rev | | | 6 Wither
    6 Emp | | | 6 Decay
    6 Trans | | | 3 Pain
    6 Supp | | | 6 SB or Leech

NOTE: You can swap SB for Leech. I have used both and with the new maps (The Hive and UCS Savant) I switched to Leech because it does both dmg and heals at the same time. Even though I don't think it stacks up well as a skill (imo). We really need all our skills to be tweaked. SB could really use a good push-back/down effect. Especially at level 6.

Please consider that switch when reading the next section... Its all the same just switch those two skills.

How I use them:

I start by hitting Rev & Emp for the group (or myself in a solo run) before attacking in the sequence below because Rev actually boosts Mana Regen (used to regen Dodge too but found out its a glitch that was later fixed on a patch update). Due to mana Regen boosting, the skills CD (Cool Down) is reduced a bit. I spam these throughout the runs.

Then I follow this sequence:
    • (1.) AoEs (when I am ahead of the group)

Supp>Pain>Trans (or SB)>SB (or Trans)

- Only Suppressing this early when I am running ahead of the group to isolate my main threats; i.e. Snipers & Pushers.

~Supp & Pain have a bomb effect on the mobs. SB hits the whole mob and gives a nice chunk of damage. Trans damages targets while healing party members as well.

• (2.) My Aim:

-I aim at the one that heal other enemies or deal the most damage and since I pull all the aggro, I want to take them down a.s.a.p.

~~Example~~

In SY:
      Healers>Pushers>Everything else.

In Voleria, The Hive, & UCS Savant:
      Snipers>Pushers>Dogs>Everything else.

-When fighting off a mob with Pushers, I stand up against a wall near my group so I don't get pushed everywhere & can spam heals better while taking them out.

• (3.) DoTs (after AoEs or begin attacks w/this if someone else is running ahead of the group):

Weapon on Auto Attack>Wither>Decay>Pain>SB (or Trans)>Trans (or SB)

~Wither & Decay do DOT and combined with SB, Trans, and the auto attacking of my weapon, it helps to kill them faster.

After doing the sequence once, I proceed by using the skills that finish cooling down first (see above note on Rev's Mana Regen) and I often get combos when using these in a run with a PUG.

While attacking, I keep my ENG running either from side to side or circling the target to minimize damage taken (even though spaming Empathy and Rev helps minimize it too... Its just a habit that helps me out).

This has worked very well for me and I hope it works for yall too.

Updates & Notes:

8-15-12 | This needed another update since we have new gear and new maps.

4-11-12 | Added info on what I do w/a mob that has pushers.

4-4-12 | The #s in -purple- is what I have at level 41 (the current level cap). They are the same skills I used before but with certain skills maxed out. Oh & I added a lil more info.
    Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 12-12-2012 at 10:41 PM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lady_Pebbles For This Useful Post: