Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Where's the pinks!!??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Making the drop rate higher would lower cs prices too, making the game more accessible and rewarding for the entire community IMO. And I say this as a person who does have the gold to buy these expensive pieces, and who does make gold by merching. I'm not talking about extremely high drop rates either, just not as rare as they currently seem to be. It feels very unrewarding if you play for 10+ hours with full groups of potted players to see absolutely nothing drop for anyone.

My personal opinion is that STS should understand that low drop rates together with short update periods, will be counter productive in the long run. IMO, people won't farm as hard anymore, when there is no reward.
    I personally think there are a number of things at play here:

1. STS is trying to push out content at a very fast pace.
    2. At the same time, they are making the end game gear VERY difficult to obtain, let alone for multiple characters.
    3. Throw in crafting, and it seems near impossible to get these sets unless you are playing 5-6 hours a day. And even then getting multiple sets would seem overboard.

All this leads to elixirs I think. Its a cash cow for STS. It would just be nice if it wasn't handcuffed to the game economy.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey Pakax I am always in the game! You know how it is ....usually running with guildies..but say hello if you see me on! I hope you are right and the devs hear our pleas for PINKS!!

Lvl 65 mage (cajunqueen)
    Lvl 66 bird (cajunkibbie)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Just my expirance but I have done 60 through 65 and I have 30k worth of exp in 65 and only seen one pink drop and that was to me. Forget this I spent 90 bucks on platinum to level and get gear. No way I will spend anymore money on this game and not get the drops. This is the last of my money they will see if they don't fix drops. I pay to play this game because I enjoy it. I don't enjoy endless hours of grinding with nothing to show for it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Relytekal For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

You spent $90 on platinum to get half way to 65???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    I personally think there are a number of things at play here:

1. STS is trying to push out content at a very fast pace.
    2. At the same time, they are making the end game gear VERY difficult to obtain, let alone for multiple characters.
    3. Throw in crafting, and it seems near impossible to get these sets unless you are playing 5-6 hours a day. And even then getting multiple sets would seem overboard.

All this leads to elixirs I think. Its a cash cow for STS. It would just be nice if it wasn't handcuffed to the game economy.
    Is like ive been saying for while now, mount fang should be called mount "PLATINUM". Everything in that map is obviously intended for the over spending of cash. The maps are outrageously huge from start till boss so that when you die (and you will die, sts made bosses guarantee they can KO u at least 5 times "emma") you have no choice but to spend platinum just to revive yourself. The majority of bosses are ridiculously strong and they will kill you very easily thus encouraging the use of elixirs (or what i call cheat codes you can buy). Not to mention their shady lie of novemember 24th being the projected day to make m. platinum available. And last but not least the "elite" levels lol...nothing screams "PRO" like buying your level huh? People spend what $50 just for a lvl? thats not elite thats desperate. Only those who accomplished the highest level without the cheat of elixirs are elite (i mean cmon, 4x experience, attack and def boost and luck elixir? you use the same thing in any other game and you my friend are cheating).
    It sucks, nuri was decent at first; the drops where good, made the game highly exiting, the demonic set looked pretty cool, than after Halloween patch they nerfed the crap out of that. Mount platinum just made sts motives more obvious and that $ is top priority. I dont blame them since i am witnessing first hand just how many of these players are that free with their wallets and spending loads amounts of $ on cell phone pixels. I loved the game and was seriously wondering how in the world will this addiction go away, and than ironically sts was my cure lol. With the reveal of mount platinum, the poor effort in creating items, horrible drop system, and realization that you will be needing more and more platinum from updates to come just to keep up, was more than enough to take me away from playing this game on a daily basis lol. So happy skyrim came out in NOV thats for sure lol.
    Last edited by Elixir_Withdrawal; 11-21-2011 at 12:48 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elixir_Withdrawal For This Useful Post:

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Dev's please enlighten us!
    PL Anibird- Level 66 Bird Anicat- Level 65 Mage Anibear- Level 66 Bear
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #87
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Please bear with us, we moved offices this weekend and are still setting our workspace up. I'll look into this once we're fully armed and operational. To my knowledge no intentional changes were made to the lvl 65 drop rates. Thanks for your feedback!
    QA Ninja!

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Flip For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Non intentional? So the drop rates were accidental then.. Right ?

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Thank you Flip. At least I have an answer for the flood of pm's I get each day.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Please bear with us, we moved offices this weekend and are still setting our workspace up. I'll look into this once we're fully armed and operational. To my knowledge no intentional changes were made to the lvl 65 drop rates. Thanks for your feedback!
    Thanks for the reply Flip! Hope this will be looked into when STS is settled in their new 'home'

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thank you, Flip. Many of us were wondering and speculating on what is going on with the pink droppage or lack thereof.

arq
    Last edited by arqueroverde; 11-21-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thx...games have turned into just xp runs without doing any bosses in the Crypt. And I really would like to get some pink set items. However, what is one to do? Compared to my time investment, it's better spent doing the before mentioned runs. It's simply not worth doing bosses an extra minute for nothing when you can gain much more in xp that minute.

But STS is awesome! Thanks again!

Ariskabar (warrior 66), Weoki (mage 52), Hanaty (bird 61), Bucketofbolts (mage 30) Visit my threat guide! Join The Farmers' Collective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Can you elaborate on that? Does this mean that this is indeed a bug and not an attempt to encourage elixir purchases?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhoIsThis View Post
    Can you elaborate on that? Does this mean that this is indeed a bug and not an attempt to encourage elixir purchases?
    What it sounds like is they are not aware of any problem but that there was no intentional change to the drop rate. I assume if its a bug they will look into it.

A lot of conspiracy theories going around.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I feel a lot less stressed now they're looking at it. So we can focus on what matters: How is the new space? Pictures?
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

To my knowledge no intentional changes were made to the lvl 65 drop rates. Thanks for your feedback!
    No changes at all since it came out? Or has the rate intentionally BEEN lowered (too much IMO)?
    Because I Know that it is lower since the Luck-Elixier-Patch. On friday I saw 3 pinks and many crafting components (didnt count, but I myself got 4-6) in about 6 hours of crypt runs. Rest of the weekend I spent about 15-18 hours farming and didnt see a single pink and recived one crafting component. So I am pretty sure that there has been some change, since I can't believe that was just "bad luck".

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Glad to know this will be fixed! Now I will wait until I can afford the gear.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Swimmingstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

It is like 5mil for a level 65 pink...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Thanks for the feedback!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thank YOU DEVS!! nuff said
    LEVEL 65: STR/DEX Demonic Bear (Main)
    LEVEL 20: DEX/STR Bird
    Twinks: lvl 10, lvl 15