Thread: Our DOTs 1st tick... burn baby, burn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Our DOTs 1st tick... burn baby, burn!

Wither, Leech, and Decay can be highly valuable weapons amongst Engineering technology. Wither and Leech are sometimes regarded as nearly useless in environments that contain weak enemies which die fast. Decay has always been regarded as the MVP of the three mainly due to its armor debuff.

Personally, I have not had much experience with Wither and Leech up until the UC military general began recruiting soldiers of fortune in order to save the UC's valuable Shipyard. Then I learned something in which I deem as must-know information...

All three of the engineer's damage over time skills inflict its first tick of damage directly upon impact!

Just this tiny bit of factual knowledge played a key role in effectively and quickly burning through SY2: Biosphere in my quest for the level cap. I basically had 3 more instant cast skills that I could time in conjunction with my pistol/gloves in order to kill single target foes super fast.

I do feel a bit stupid not knowing this before SY was released, so I would like to share this info with any other engineer out there who also was unaware.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

haha, don't feel stupid! I never really used the DOTs for SY2 bc i used trans and boom mostly, and they are in a different slots in my build than my DOTs are. got annoying to keep switching.

and don't feel bad, i didn't realize this either until a little before sloucho came out and i was trying to solo numa. there are way too many red numbers with a group of 5
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vladrac View Post
    Wither, Leech, and Decay can be highly valuable weapons amongst Engineering technology. Wither and Leech are sometimes regarded as nearly useless in environments that contain weak enemies which die fast. Decay has always been regarded as the MVP of the three mainly due to its armor debuff.

Personally, I have not had much experience with Wither and Leech up until the UC military general began recruiting soldiers of fortune in order to save the UC's valuable Shipyard. Then I learned something in which I deem as must-know information...

All three of the engineer's damage over time skills inflict its first tick of damage directly upon impact!

Just this tiny bit of factual knowledge played a key role in effectively and quickly burning through SY2: Biosphere in my quest for the level cap. I basically had 3 more instant cast skills that I could time in conjunction with my pistol/gloves in order to kill single target foes super fast.

I do feel a bit stupid not knowing this before SY was released, so I would like to share this info with any other engineer out there who also was unaware.
    So unfair, Ops DOT's do not hit on the first strike (I think this is a bug).

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?