Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winners of Trollee's Giveaway/Contest!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Winners of Trollee's Giveaway/Contest!

The results are in! Below you will find the well-deserved winners to my contest which you can see here: Default Trollee's PL Giveaway/Contests .

There were some outstanding entries showing ingenuity and great talent in the field of art and I found it difficult to pick only 3 winners for each contest. However, much deserved credit is due to Zaltiar who gave me a helping hand in the judging. There was a total of 52 entries between the 3 contests although I found it interesting which of contests were the most popular. Contest 1, with the biggest prize pool, had only 12 entries, perhaps because it involved designing and drawing a picture. Contest 2, with the 2nd biggest prize pool, had a wopping 27 entries. I can put this down to the fact that it was the easiest contest to enter. Contest 3, with the smallest prize pool, had 13 entries.

I messaged the devs twice asking for platinum sponsorship for my contest and did not receive a reply. I am pretty disappointed about this because I think it would have led to this contest being a bit more popular and perhaps taken a bit more seriously. Nevertheless, there certainly were some impressive entries put forward and all in all, I think the that the winners will be well-deserved of the prizes. Unfortunately, there are only 3 winners to each contest which means that a lot of people will miss out who spent time and effort in producing their entries.

The contest took me a lot of time and I certainly won't be holding one for a long time unless...who knows, I quit SL for DL? haha but seriously, it is a relief and feels rewarding to give all my hard-earned gold in PL to some well-deserved recipients. I hope that it helps all the winners towards striving for their next piece of a set or what not.

To the 9 winners: I will send you all a PM and we can arrange when to deal out the prizes. As I know longer play PL anymore this may be quite troublesome depending on timezones :/

Thanks once again to all those who entered and congrats to the winners!

- Trollee

Contest 1: Faces:
    1ST RedRyder 1,000,000 gold
    2ND topskillz 300,000 gold
    3RD Crunchee 200,000 gold

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    I wanted to do a pterodactyl, but someone beat me to it but anyways, I noticed no one did a dragon so I did!

CONTEST #1

Class: Avians

Stats: 3 armor 5 dex 5 dmg 2 crit

Cost: 15 plat

"For the very menacing! With a heart as warm as fire!"

For the archers that want to kill even faster with a bow (I.e recurves, longbows)
    Quote Originally Posted by topskillz View Post
    #1. FURIOUS FLAMINGO
    ( picture is at the bottom)
    ------------------------------
    "For those that like to Tank in style, fear the Furious Flamingo!"

(STATS)
    +2 dps
    +2 crit
    +4 dex
    Quote Originally Posted by Crunchee View Post
    Good luck in sl!
    Added my majestic peacock!

The Charmin' One
    The bird of elegance and ethereal beauty.
    The bird of peace and royalty.

Stats : 3Dex. 3 int. 1 dodge.

Contest 2: Skills
    1ST Matutd 500,000 gold
    2ND Noodleleg 200,000 gold
    3RD TechniShock 100,000 gold

Quote Originally Posted by Matutd View Post
    For contest #2...

Avian skill: flight - Ever wondered why you have a bird character that can't fly? Me too! This skill would give a short 1 second visual that would give your bird wings and flap them to fly off the ground slightly. It would give a 1.1x speed boost (then +0.1 extra per skill point) to give your avian that extra boost. It would also add +5 dodge (then +5 extra per skill point). The buff would give avians a better chance of survival in both pve and pvp. The avians truly can be masters of the skies!

Enchantress skill: mesmerise - With this skill, the elf would be able to keep up with the pesky avian's speed boost from flight. This skill would give a strong stun effect on the opponent with a 2-3 second stun. Also this would act as a DoT (damage over time) which would do 19-23 damage per second for 5 seconds (then +2 damage per skill point). The visual would show a small bolt (like the candle auto attack), and then stars around the opponents head as they swayed back and forth. In pve, this would be just like any other skill, but it would definitely be a huge damage dealer. In pvp, this would be a strong attack for the enchantress, and could give them a chance to keep up with the speed boost from flight. Range: 12

Ursan skill: fissure - The mighty ursan. The tank. The warrior. Well this skill will live up to the name. A huge damage dealer for the ursan. The effect would be a punch to the ground, followed by a fissure toward the target. The fissure would stun the opponent and cause 61-68 damage (then + 3 damage per skill point). In pve this would encourage more bears to go to the front of the pack to show off their awesome skill before it is hidden in the mass ruckus off the battle. In pvp it would give the bears a chance to get to their opponent with the stun effect. Range: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleleg View Post
    Entry for 2nd contest...

Ursan:
    Skill name-Ursan Blast
    Do you bears ever wished you had range especially for those pure strength bears? Well, look no further! This skill gives the bear the power to do so! Has a 12m range, drains 20 mana, has a regneration rate of 15s, and does as much damage as a super mega slash. It should have a delay about the same time as the mages' mana shields. Good for pve when you're scared of charging at bosses and good for pvp because you hate those kiters ^_^!

Enchantress:
    Skill name-Guardian Angel
    Have you ever seen your teammates about to die? And you hate having to spam mana shield when you see that? Then, the annoying mobs drain all your mana and you can't revive anybody. Well, here's the solution! This skill buffs your teammates and heals them completely! Buffs and heals all your teammates in a 12m range, uses no mana, has a regeneration rate of 32s, and buff gives all your teammates and yourself +20 Critical percentile, +20 Hit percentile, +50 Health, +35 Mana, +5 Health Regen, +15 Armor, +20 Damage, and heals everybody completely. This effect should wear off in 20s or less. Good for pve because it's fun to be a helpful mage by buffing and healing, but would it be better if you could buff and heal at the same time? XD! Good for pvp because you want to help people more in FFA. Buffs don't help your teammates as much =(... Power to helping ^_^!

Avian:
    Skill name-Judgement
    Ever hate it when those bears beckon you and debuff you to death? What about when mages land so many criticals on you? Fear no more! There's a skill better than blast shot! This skill has a hit percentage of 50%, but if you land it, you'll be able to hit the maximum weapon damage! Like the longbow has 69-142 damage; you'll be able to get 142 automatic if you land the shot. This should have 8m range so it won't be overpowered for kiters, drains 40 mana, and has a regeneration rate of 25s. Good for fighting pve bosses! So many like daggers against bosses, but now, you got JUDGEMENT! More power to bow users! Good for pvp as a panic skill, like using Avian Scream up close =)!

Edits...

"Emotes" for the skills:

Ursan Blast:
    The bear does something like they do in Dragonball Z. The thing where they charge their attacks or whatever they do. They unleash the ursan blast and it looks like a ball of flame rushing towards the target. The opponent should burn a little. Like the combo steam.

Guardian Angel:
    The Mage shoots a beam of light into the air and the rays of light fall down to all the people buffed. Also, the Mage in the beginning have like transparent looking wings while doing it.

Judgement:
    The bird will have circles around is head like shattering scream and avian scream. However, judgement will have yellow circles. Also, while doing this, the bird will do the Grrr emote. The emote that looks like taunt and iron blood. Right after the Grrr thing is done, the bird does what most of the skills do. They do the peck thing.

These skills should be learnt at a higher level, rather than in the 20s... I think level 51 seems like a good one ^_^!
    Quote Originally Posted by TechniShock View Post
    New Skills: llll
    lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Enchantress: Fire and Ice
    The enchantress casts a spell in which a fire and ice pool are surrounded by them.
    (level 1 skill) 130-215 damage to surrounding enemies. Cost: 20 mana. The enemies will either be frozen or burnt depending on which side the enemy is on. The ice pool is on the right and the fire pool is on the left. The spell lasts for 10 seconds.
    Damage (depending on level of skill)
    1: 130-215
    2: 168-249
    3: 201-283
    4: 236-322
    5: 272-360
    6: 390-436

Archer: Energy Beam
    The archer releases a great beam of energy from it's mouth causing the enemy to be stunned and damaged.
    (level 1 skill) 83-142 damage to a single enemy. Cost: 10 mana. 10% chance of stun.The enemy will be stunned for 3 seconds.
    Damage/% chance of Stun (depending on level of skill)
    1: 83-142, 10%
    2: 131-195, 20%
    3: 180-257, 35%
    4: 229-263, 65%
    5: 295-336, 80%
    6: 362-410, 100%

Warrior: Stone Wall
    The warrior quickly makes a stone wall around him. Whoever tries to attack the warrior will need to attack the stone wall before it attacks the warrior.
    (level 1 skill) 70-115 hp (wall) Cost: 15 mana. +2 dodge and +4 armor.
    Hp (wall) (depending on level of skill)
    1: 70
    2: 91
    3: 114
    4: 135
    5: 152
    6: 179

Contest 3: Skills:
    1ST JackOak Halloween Pink set
    2ND patsoe 150,000 gold
    3RD Baylakk 50,000 gold

Quote Originally Posted by JackOak View Post
    Contest: 3

Map Title: Depths Of Stompulous
    Level: Next Level Cap

General Idea

The map would be titled "Depths Of Stompulous" and it would be a deep sea themed campaign. What would make this campaign different and more thrilling would be that it is played in complete darkness some 3,500 feet below the waters of PL! Your only aid through darkness would be a light on a helm you would get from doing a quest. The quest would be titled "That Sinking Feeling" and it would be an easy to moderate difficulty quest.

Quest Outline

You would have to locate the crank within a sunken ship in the pre-campaign map. Your only aid would be your in game map. The crank would open the vault door where a Mini-Boss, accompanied by a few under sea worshippers would be waiting to kill you! You would have to defeat the Mini-Boss and his associates and complete the Pre-Campaign map. You would then be rewarded 800 gold and the "Helm Of Buoyancy" ( the helm with the light on it). Now you are able to begin the actual campaign.

Mobs

Your new helmet would lighten your way of 9x8 Meters area. You would encounter "Unknown Species" (normal mobs), "Species 0194" ( mid-level mobs), and the boss Stompulous. Just so you have an idea of what the maps would look like, think of the Mariana's Trench. (Deep, dark, cold, and suspenseful). Along the way through the maps you would cruise by many mini-caves which at any certain moment a creature might dart out and deal damage to you!

Boss!

Now that you have an idea of what the maps will hold, let's head on to the characteristics of the boss Stompulous! Stompulous would have 20000 health and 680 armor with a normal hit rate of 180-250 and a move ( similar to magnetic golem ) where he would charge up and stomp (hence "Stomp"ulous) and wreck the sea floor dealing 15000 damage killing anything within the 15 meter range. The only way to dodge this would be to hide behind rock barriers, which would in turn block the damage caused by his mega move. This would give high level players a hard challenge and could possibly reward them with great gear! Stompulous would have a drop chance of 1-2 and 1/2% chance of dropping the pink "The Trident of Stompulous" (Stats: 9% hit, 6% crit, 60 armor, 1.2 hit speed of 165-195. Req. 210 Str ( highest level in next cap ) ) Stompulous would hold the trident and look like a huge, bulky, underwater ogre somewhat similar to the "Big Daddy" in BioShock 3. (EXAMPLE BELOW)

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/...ume_ebay_3.jpg

The "Unknown Species" mobs would look like squidman, and the "Species 0194" would be shark men, but much larger then the squidmen.

http://www.baronpollakdesigns.com/Im...n_Screen_2.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ML3IM3NusM...ncils_Troy.jpg

There's more!

But hold on cowboy! For each map in the campaign, the mobs would continue to grow stronger and Stompulous would have more than one form! He would continue to grow larger and hit harder and start to evolve into a more muscled defined version of his former self.

Thanks!

I feel that this campaign would bring a suspenseful sort of feel to this game where everytime you play you never know what might happen! Shrouded in darkness, how thrilling would that be? Trollee, thanks for the chance for allowing all of us to use our creative mind thinking to work towards a fun and generous prize!

Post Scriptum

The pictures were not mine, I only used them so that you have an idea of what they might look like.
    Quote Originally Posted by patsoe View Post
    Campaign: The land that Alterra forgot
    Recommended level - 75
    Mobs: Cavemen, Cave Witches, Dinosaurs!!!
    Landscape: Large prehistoric landscapes, with caves to explore, large trees, and a volcano and molten lava for the last level which erupts at the final boss. Story: After making your way to the end of Humania, you find a time travel portal which after you enter takes you back in time to The Land That Alterra Forgot!

The final boss would be the land's tyrant; T-Rex.

It would be a good addition to the world of Alterra because the game needs new content, and this is definatley a nice twist to the story which can be used to add a little more creativity to the game. Plus the designers can have fun creating the dinosaur mobs, and even base the cavemen and cave witches using thier own faces but cartoony in the style of pocket legends. I also think it would be fun naming all the bosses based on the dinosaur names, for example 'Dippy le Docus' could be one, and another which could be 'Tri Terror Tops'. Weapons could be a catapult/trex talons for the avians, a prehistoric club or trex sword tooth swords for bears, and witches bone tooth staff for enchantress. Vanity pet ideas could be a sabretooth tiger or a mini gollem from the sandstone caves lol! Helms could have T-Rex teeth on them or be T-Rex skulls!!! Shields could be large rocks type shields with wooden parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Baylakk View Post
    Contest # 3
    Campaign: Creepy Jungle

Landscape: Dark green color with a mossy texture. Along the edges would have trees that bend over the path almost like a tunnel of trees.

Mobs: Jungle native warriors, jungle native archers, beetles, and snakes which drop from the hanging trees (if a snake has not dropped yet and a bear beckons the snake will fall and hit the ground harder causing damage)

Top level crafted gear plus max level vanity:

For archers: Crafted Jungle bow, Crafted jungle native leather, crafted jungle skull, crafted jungle dagger, crafted jungle wing.

For bears: Crafted beetle skull, crafted beetle club, crafted beetle plate, crafted beetle shell(shield), crafted beetle tooth longsword.

For mages: Crafted snake wand, crafted snake skin robe, crafted snake skull, crafted snake head shield, crafted snake staff.

Max level vanity: Beetle wings(so that people who have gained max level for all vanities can wear the max level vanity crown, shield, armor, and then these wings)

This level would be a new fun and creative idea with some sweet looking gear . I'd love to be a bear decked out in some beetle gear or a mage using a small snake as a wand or staff with scale-like armor, or an archer with jungle native gear.
    Last edited by Trollee; 02-18-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    Trollee [41] Trollix [40] Trollex [40]
    Trolley [25] Trolli [20] Trolly [15] Trolle [10]

<Fashion Police> <Twink Inc.>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Thank you Trollee and congratulations to all the winners!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Thanks to Drao I found out I won! lol Well done to all the other victors!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Congratulations to everyone! Maybe we'll see some of these things implemented one day!

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Wow thanks a lot man! Greatly appreciated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

WHY SPOILERZ NO WERK?!!? jk Congrats to everyone!

Ambassador of Alterra - SirHelpsAlot ~ Proud Member of AEO ~ Proud Member of Sparkling Pwnies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Wow thanks I can't get the spoilers to work though
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Wow thanks I can't get the spoilers to work though
    And contest 2 & Contest 3 have the same headings too

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

=( after all my hard work in all 3 contests. =) oh well congratulations guys!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Editted original post- removed spoilers, don't know why they weren't working :/

@Sryyouose It was really hard to pick the winners, in fact, you actually came 4th in the face contest, unlucky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

So I just meet u ingame to get my prize?
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

So I just meet u ingame to get my prize?
    Yep thats it. Will arrange a time via PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Can u get online now?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Grats to all winners

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaltiar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

One thing fo sure... Those who won the campaign BLEW me out of the water!

@Trollee
    I actually came in 4th =O XD thought I was like 12th
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Congrats there all amazing!

PL: masterbearer lvl 65
    Golden Legends Girl
    Have any questions about Golden legends? Send me a PM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Thank you ^_^
    Reply just to make sure you received my private message XD

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Oh and I'm in the Central time zone... As in Chicago ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

I meant Chicago's time zone... Actually from Minnesota... Wow, I digress A LOT...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thanks for picking my drawing! Umm i can meet you online tomorrow from 3-8 pm just send a private msg on when your available thanks