Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a great idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default This is a great idea

Potion of self reraise, I mean if your party doesn't have a Mage It sucks to run the whole map back to where you were, and if it does than it great for the Mage, he uses on him self than Rez the rest of the party

For those who don't know what it is, it's a potion that you use when you die to Rez you self.

Idea how it could be used: #1:you buy the potion #2 when you die you get an extra option that says "use potion to raise"

So please consider this.

If you agree please post a reply so devs could notice this post , thanks
    IAMBIRDMAN LVL50 SNIPER
    IAMTHEBEAR LVL45 TANK
    IAMABOOMSTICK LV45 NUKER/HEALER
    I put reality into words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rather have mages that can summon a temporary item that group members can use to res the dead mage, and if the whole party dies - tough luck you have to run back, with no mage - you shouldn't has any form of res, healers are already redundant enough with potions, which if I had my way, would have a huge reuse timer or be gone all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It should cost quite a bit though.

Flaimdude: Lvl31 Mage Flaimer: Lvl15 Arch Flaimior: Lvl14 Bear
    "If you're not careful asommers will catch up to you lol" ~Royce

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There should be other form of Rez present if Mage isn't around and potion sounds great, I mean when u doing a map with 200 mobs and you die, by the time you run back(which is annoying) the rest of the party cleared up alot and you missed it. I could think of many scenarios where it would come in handy.
    IAMBIRDMAN LVL50 SNIPER
    IAMTHEBEAR LVL45 TANK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

There is already no consequences when u die, this game does not need to be any easier. Plus I can already think of ways this could be abused. I agree that it is annoying to run through ao2 but that's the one punishment to sucking. Don't suck ;p
    Last edited by haroldiv; 07-12-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    Rather have mages that can summon a temporary item that group members can use to res the dead mage, and if the whole party dies - tough luck you have to run back, with no mage - you shouldn't has any form of res, healers are already redundant enough with potions, which if I had my way, would have a huge reuse timer or be gone all together.
    Or potions could only be allowed out of combat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I have kicked this idea around in my head for a while as well, mostly at times when I die near the end of a level and am the only mage present. However, even though it would be awesome under those circumstances, I think I am still mostly against it for the reasons listed already in this thread. However, the argument that it would make mages redundant really does not hold up. If mages want to drink armor and damage elixers, they can make tanks and DPS redundant as well
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think having it as an option at like 1.5k a pop is not bad, and its not cheap to be abused in anyway and we will have something else to waste our useless money on
    IAMBIRDMAN LVL50 SNIPER
    IAMTHEBEAR LVL45 TANK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think that it's wrong to expect something provided by a class when that class is absent. If you don't have a mage and you die - you run back, running takes a maximum of a minute or so, it really isn't that bad.

I understand that PL is more casual than other MMOs but I think this takes it a bit too far, potions IMO already spoil it enough (although because of the lousy health system and mobs doing huge crits WAY too often, without a mage they're essential).

Just like other MMOs, give the enchantress the ability to summon a temporary item to their group members' inventory (one which is expendable and will expire on leaving the zone/logging out) that can only be used to resurrect the character who summoned it, that way when your only healer dies (either by being an idiot or more likely getting an unlucky crit), provided a party member survives and hasn't already used the item, they can raise the healer to save the hassle of waiting for them to run back.

If you don't have an enchantress in the group (and I cannot stress this enough), you don't deserve to be able to replicate any part of their functionality, especially resurrecting people and definitely not with a self resurrection potion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Well, since you usually only have to run back when everyone is flailing about uselessly during a boss fight, why not coax the boss to chase you back to the Respawn point. Then you can just die and respawn instantly and kill him without having to run all the way back to the last room.

There is nothing like death to make you really appreciate life!

Also, you could just keep one finger over the heal potion button and chug them two at a time. Surely they would be a lot less expensive than a potion of revive.

In tabletop games that I've played, a potion of resurrection can be drunk by someone who survived to raise one person of his choice.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 07-12-2010 at 05:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    I'll drink (a self resurrection potion) to that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I don't personally like this idea, because then, it's like, oh, I died, ok, I will just spend a measly, worthless 1.5K and come back to life, the point of dying is having to work back to get to where you were, plus, your just moving your finger, are we really so lazy that we would rather have the devs spend time putting this into the game, when they could be working on AO3, so we don't have to move our finger to get back to where we were? What's the point of a mage if all their spells has a potion you can get? Let's have all the mages charge 1.5K per heal, rez, and buff, that's what it sounds like....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Well, since you usually only have to run back when everyone is flailing about uselessly during a boss fight, why not coax the boss to chase you back to the Respawn point. Then you can just die and respawn instantly and kill him without having to run all the way back to the last room.

Also, you could just keep one finger over the heal potion button and chug them two at a time. Surely they would be a lot less expensive than a potion of revive.

In tabletop games that I've played, a potion of resurrection can be drunk by someone who survived to raise one person of his choice.
    I'm pretty sure that if you pull any monster too far away from their original spot,
    they'll run back and regain full health once again.
    Retired PL user.
    Away- Level 37 Support Enchantress
    Dictionary- Level 17 Smart bird
    IGetPooedOn- Level 28 Tank bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well said guys, thank you

But looking abit into the future the way the game is headed, when we will have super bosses, where every edge you get is a big plus I think the potion of self raise should be implanted into the game, maybe not 1.5k cost but 5-10k,

And 10k isn't expensive if you are fighting a super boss and and will get super cool gear

But it's all just thoughts of future that I wish would happen

You know the fights that you prepare for, look for every edge you can find, set up your party so you could win and get the super cool stuff ))) ahh what dreams lol
    But yeah different subject

Hope I am still on the right track )
    IAMBIRDMAN LVL50 SNIPER
    IAMTHEBEAR LVL45 TANK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

But looking abit into the future the way the game is headed, when we will have super bosses, where every edge you get is a big plus I think the potion of self raise should be implanted into the game, maybe not 1.5k cost but 5-10k,

And 10k isn't expensive if you are fighting a super boss and and will get super cool gear
    The stronger the bosses get, the stronger we get.

Devs I have said this many times. PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN! I hate how the bosses can one shot, why not make their damage/DPS lower, but instead, raise their armor/health. That way, they will be about equally as difficult to kill, but we won't get one shot every time, archers have high DPS, but they get killed easy, enchantresses can get spells with a large blow-back, and they can heal themselves, tanks have high damage and high armor. I am yet to see the strength boost since my wi-fi is down, long story, but potions, heals, and buffs do nothing if you are being one shot, or getting down to half health after a hit from a boss and then, when the mage is about to heal, or, when you are about to hit that health potion button, they hit you again. I have to revive people so much now, and it's hard, especially if I am about to be one shot, yet again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    The stronger the bosses get, the stronger we get.

Devs I have said this many times. PLEASE, PLEASE LISTEN! I hate how the bosses can one shot, why not make their damage/DPS lower, but instead, raise their armor/health. That way, they will be about equally as difficult to kill, but we won't get one shot every time, archers have high DPS, but they get killed easy, enchantresses can get spells with a large blow-back, and they can heal themselves, tanks have high damage and high armor. I am yet to see the strength boost since my wi-fi is down, long story, but potions, heals, and buffs do nothing if you are being one shot, or getting down to half health after a hit from a boss and then, when the mage is about to heal, or, when you are about to hit that health potion button, they hit you again. I have to revive people so much now, and it's hard, especially if I am about to be one shot, yet again!
    Amen!!!!

Thank you Mystic!
    IAMBIRDMAN LVL50 SNIPER
    IAMTHEBEAR LVL45 TANK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't think it's so much that general boss DPS is too high, and if you boost their health and armour you just end up with easy boring long fights like the ones that litter the path along plasma pyramid.

I think the main problem is the sheer volume and magnitude of criticals, this also comes from standard enemies and opponents in PvP, regular damage accounts for so little that it's pretty much insignificant.

While regular damage in PvP can be lethal, crticals are still just as bad, and far too easy to land on another player. With dodge also being too effective, damage comes in spikes rather than consistently over time, fine for a spike damage class, but not when it applies to everything in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iambirdman View Post
    Amen!!!!

Thank you Mystic!
    And to be totally honest about the potions idea, I go back and forth, I have seen it suggested only once before and I thought a while about it, it would come in handy, it would be nice, but would probably be abused, and, the point of dying is basically to have to start back over, with the enemies at full health by the time you run back, not to mention, with health potions, and with reviving potions, other then not wanting to spend your gold, mages might not have much a of purpose for some people if they don't mind spending gold on potions. Few don't mind spending all their gold on potions, but still, I am very back and forth with it..... :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Away View Post
    I'm pretty sure that if you pull any monster too far away from their original spot, they'll run back and regain full health once again.
    Not bosses...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The only way it could ever be feasible is if it was so stupidly overpriced you'd rarely ever buy it, only keeping one stocked for ultra hard raid kills, and only if you were foolish enough to attempt one without a healer.

That would be impossible unless better health potions were added and you spammed them all the way, which then makes the whole idea of an actual raid, requiring skilled players and a pre-organised balanced group including one or more healers redundant.

Kinda catch 22 IMO. A potion of self resurrection is just sheer convenience, price them low, healers are even less needed than they already are, price them high and they just don't make sense, people won't pay huge sums of money to save a tiny walk from the start of the level, and why even attempt anything you might really need a resurrect for without just taking a healer with you.

Enchantresses are a dime a dozen, not all of them great healers sure, but why would they want to be, everybody spams potions, and the only time heals are needed is when crits land, and even then the healer usually dies because there's so much annoying deadly AE.

And as such, you want better or maybe even dedicated healers (yes god forbid there's ever a NEED for a pure healer in pocket legends how out of place would that be) give healers a purpose!

I see where you're coming from i really do, but I wouldn't want them now, I wouldn want them ever.