Thread: Maybe this would b a good idea?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Default Maybe this would b a good idea?

I’m not sure if this idea would even be plausible, so feel free to debunk everything I say.

In light of everyone’s suggestions/ideas to balance pvp, I’ve been brainstorming how to implement these ideas without ruining pvp in case they turn out to be bad for the game.

TEST / TRIAL RUN FOR BALANCES
    I’ve seen other games implement limited time modes/lobbies to test new balances/implements coming soon just to see how they’d perform in actual gameplay. Maybe we could make the balances active in pvp dungeons for a short amount of time, see what the effects are, and if it’s negative take it back out.
    I figured that’d be too time consuming/troubling to sts, so I was thinking maybe add a limited time pvp arena where the changes are active. There we could test freely and post our thoughts to the forums, keep testing, and mold pvp into how it should be.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Snacking; 03-25-2019 at 12:59 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snacking For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

as long as they don't put it behind a platinum paywall, sounds good to me.

Sent from my Moto C using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

This is a good idea, although I don't think the game operates like that. I'm pretty sure if Cinco changes the stats balancing-wise, it's a universal sandbox change. So he can't implement a certain map where only certain changes exist because it would have to affect everything. STS has their own test server where they try stuff out but they can't let players into it.

But who knows, Cinco might think of something crazy!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    This is a good idea, although I don't think the game operates like that. I'm pretty sure if Cinco changes the stats balancing-wise, it's a universal sandbox change. So he can't implement a certain map where only certain changes exist because it would have to affect everything. STS has their own test server where they try stuff out but they can't let players into it.

But who knows, Cinco might think of something crazy!
    1 time only 24hr access to STS test server for 1000 plat.
    Your character and everything on it gets left behind. You get provided 1 character whatever level you want, and a vendor inside that allows you to pick whatever gear you want to gear your character with. Upon 24h time limit ending you character gets deleted and you no longer have access ever again.
    Last edited by P u r e; 03-25-2019 at 02:59 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by P u r e View Post
    Your character and everything on it gets left behind. You get provided 1 character whatever level you want, and a vendor inside that allows you to pick whatever gear you want to gear your character with. Upon 24h time limit ending you character gets deleted and you no longer have access ever again.
    1000 plat?
    Homie w h a t

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

The server that STS uses is (most likely) local, meaning they only use it at the studio. To allow other people in they'd have to take up more server space which would cost more money. Plus I'm sure the permissions are different on the server (meaning the add item command and other commands are accessible) which is probably a bad idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

1k plat? Do you think that we are rich and want to spent money on a game that has only 130players online? It isn't worth it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xzLegendszx View Post
    1k plat? Do you think that we are rich and want to spent money on a game that has only 130players online? It isn't worth it.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Snacking View Post
    1000 plat?
    Homie w h a t
    Purestat and qtr guns cost more than 1000 plat.... People buy the weapons, you want special privilege and access to a exclusive test server you gotta pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts

Purestat and qtr guns cost more than 1000 plat.... People buy the weapons, you want special privilege and access to a exclusive test server you gotta pay.
    I just don't understand why it would cost 1000 plat for only 24 hrs. I suppose people would pay 1000 plat for a longer period of access (1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year) or even lifetime access. However, paying 1000 plat for 24 hrs access sounds far too expensive. Yes, people do pay 1000 plat for stat guns, but these stat guns are theirs to keep and won't disappear after only 24 hrs.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dolloway For This Useful Post: