Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7.5 Content Update (75561)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Sorry justg no disrespect but maybe try making the game better instead of using money in give aways that use money that could be put into the game...

The antlers were given away free last year... An elf hat might have been something to look forward to.
    Last edited by nmyxspaceship; 12-15-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Once the boss is killed your access goes away. To those of you who don't think it is fair that we are charging access, please understand that we are running a business. We give away almost the entire game for free (including some xmas antlers). You have ways to earn platinum without paying us anything. Salaries and servers don't run on gold... we wish they did!
    I am trying to look past the hysteria of something new and unwelcome, like the GCD was at first.

Running a business is one thing. Running a successful business is not about ripping off your loyal players heads, many of whom have spent a lot of real money on your games, and plat-ting down their neck.

This is insane, G. See above post, where myself and three other players got hosed because elixired players roar in, run past us and solo the boss, leaving the rest of us with a wasted 2 plat. Didn't figure on that angle, eh?

I have blown 6 plat in 15 minutes to have 2 bosses ganked by an elixir user, a quest that doesn't seem to work, and a lame purple drop on one boss I did get to.

You are going to be hard pressed to get any sympathy from long time players...there is already a well-entrenched opinion that you guys are making mad cash since plat elixirs and DotD have come out, and the prices of items, albeit optional, are creeping up steeply. Also, what about where non-plat elixir players are booted from games for not having elixirs....isn't that ruining "their gaming experience"?

Pay-per-instance? Even cash-hogs like Blizzard and FailLoft have not done that as far as I know. You have simply be got to be kidding.

Just make it a subscription-based fee, or ditch the pay-per-instance and stick with the flat rate that has worked for so long. You guys spout non-stop about making things more "casual", but then turn around and play right into the hands of those with mad plat, or the ability to buy a lot of plat. I fall in the latter, but that doesn't mean it's right.

Sorely disappointed with this turn of events, regardless if it makes business/profit sense. Your "main spine is free" angle means nothing to me, because I am one the older players who actually paid for it.

Love you guys, but you are making it harder to keep it that way. And don;t give me "you must want everything for free" speech, because I have the iTunes bills to prove otherwise that I have no prob paying for what I think is value.
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 12-15-2011 at 05:28 PM.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Moogerfooger For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

No Whirlzap, it is not. We've decorated the entire land. We give away a free antler hat. Last month we gave away Mt. Fang. We just gave away four chromebooks and several 800 plat packages. We're trying to balance out a good business with a game that, for some reason, people feel entitled to get _everything_ for free in.
    I am not sure if you are just expecting us all to be saying 'GIVE IT TO US FREE', but that is not what people are saying. The fact that it costs money is not what peoples issue is, it is the ~way~ it charges us the money. People are just asking for a different option then 'pay per run'. Like perhaps a time based option, or even a multiple use pass. STS has an excellent history of cooperation with its consumer base to improve the game, so please do not let this be different.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

No Whirlzap, it is not. We've decorated the entire land. We give away a free antler hat. Last month we gave away Mt. Fang. We just gave away four chromebooks and several 800 plat packages. We're trying to balance out a good business with a game that, for some reason, people feel entitled to get _everything_ for free in.
    With all due respect four chrome books effects four people... I would pay up to 40 plat for this campaign, but if it costs 2 plat per run to play and most of the drops are greens I start to feel depressed... I honestly am *sort of* happy it so so outrageously priced because it really isn't fun to keep remaking a game over and over till you get a pink... :-)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Appleisaac For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Does the fact that there has been one supporter and every other voice a dissident not strike any chord of reason? The nays have it, and they aren't coming from those who always trash STS or refuse to support them. Many of these are people who have been very flexible with the changes made, this is just a change that is absolutely negative for the great majority of us. And yes, I also paid for the main spine, and would happily do it again. I don't expect the game to be given away, that was STS's idea
    Duped - Lvl 65 Mage
    Conanursan - Lvl 65 Bear
    Isniped - Lvl 65 Bird

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Duped For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Why try to fix something thats not broken... The way last years pass was made worked great and probably could have generated the same amount of money, there really isnt anything new except items. You did kinda spruce up the trees and decorate the cabins but thats no reason to make us spend more money...

Sigh..... Im getting no where....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duped:512930
    Does the fact thati there has been one supporter and every other voice a dissident not strike any chord of reason? The nays have it, and they aren't coming from those who always trash STS or refuse to support them. Many of these are people who have been very flexible with the changes made, this is just a change that is absolutely negative for the great majority of us. And yes, I also paid for the main spine, and would happily do it again. I don't expect the game to be given away, that was STS's idea
    thumbs up... Lol btw phone version needs a +1 button

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Would a time based option or a multi-entrance pack require a Client Update? If so, let me know and I will stop asking.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lame. La lame lame lame. Lame lame lame lame. Lamelamelamelmaelmae. La lame lame lame. My opinion done with a xmas rythem. And i paid 2times for each dungeon second time not killing boss and i cant get back in. Again merry xmas sts hope u make lots of money
    Last edited by sticky420; 12-15-2011 at 05:50 PM.

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #150
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

That sounds like a bug Sticky, we're looking into it.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

How about just spending a couple of Plat, running the holiday dungeon a couple of times and being DONE WITH IT?

Do you have to compulsively Crack Out on every new thing in a desperate attempt to greedily score as many pink items a possible?

Must everything be an acquisitive orgy of consumerism?

in game name: GIMBOID lvl 66 Archer Yeah, I'm SRINGY, Get over it!
    Totally indifferent member of FAIL
    INHALE RAGE EXHALE VENGEANCE...THERE IS NO FNORD

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaddy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

1st of all.
    Lets look at the new holiday armor.
    IMO, it just looks like an armor, completely painted red? Where is the creativity?

2nd. Please do what everyone is mentioning, make it 10 or 20 plat.

3rd. About giving away content, with the change of plat elixers you make 20x that cash per pay to play player. So don't come tell us that we should be happy with your generosity with an change that makes you money.

4rd. Those nettbooks and plat.
    It is an great event and such, but it only affects 12 players while hundreds are frustrated, doesn't seem to add up.

Also, in all the posts made here by the devs, the only thing you did was: Telling us that we were complaining like kids and then add Happy Christmas to it, to make it sound friendlier.

Don't get me wrong, I have loved this game since I first played it, but the greed is getting too much to handle
    Last edited by Sorcererssoul; 12-15-2011 at 06:03 PM.
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac View Post
    I really think the death of this game is coming soon :-( I love this game so much :-( noooo
    I know...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ablueelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Loving STS - check
    Pre Nuri happiness - check
    Halloween 2011 done - check
    Unhappiness continues to set in - check
    Repeated attempt to get back into any aspect of SL or PL - check
    Invited to join as a founding AoA, could be saving grace - check
    Realisation that things were only going in one direction and no saving grace currently - check
    Hanging around forums as looking for a reason to stay - check
    Getting ready for a final push at Xmas - check
    Most twinks ready at every level - check
    Xmas 2011 released - check
    Disappointment - check
    Still searching for reason to play - check
    Extension to break from PL and SL - check

EDIT: Xmas saved in the Redbridge household as not glued to iPad - check
    Thanks STS, in an unexpected way you've actually made my Xmas.

Have a great Xmas everyone, may still be lurking on the forums occasionally. X x x
    Last edited by Redbridge; 12-15-2011 at 06:43 PM.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbridge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

G, you know I have the utmost respect for STS, but it's no longer about the money. I would happily and non-hesitantly pay good amounts for good and quality content, simple as that.

I know the game is basically free, but if being free it means also expecting less quality towards the actual content and just emphasizing on stuff like elixirs to make it toddler easy, vanities to look funny in, and to be in maps where everything looks too familiar, it just might mean that the game is no longer what it was and no longer for me.

In all honesty and respect, seems quantity > quality now. Although I understand that profit is always the priority, I also feel like it's been profit > profit > quality > customer satisfaction.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge:512979
    Loving STS - check
    Pre Nuri happiness - check
    Halloween 2011 done - check
    Unhappiness continues to set in - check
    Repeated attempt to get back into any aspect of SL or PL - check
    Invited to join as a founding AoA, could be saving grace - check
    Realisation that thing were only going in one direction and no saving grace - check
    Hanging around forums as looking for a reason to stay - check
    Getting ready for a final push at Xmas - check
    Most twinks ready at every level - check
    Xmas 2011 released - check
    Disappointment - check
    Still searching for reason to play - check
    Extension to break from PL and SL - check
    Same stage I am going through and I haven't found a cure
    It is just getting worse and worse...
    Voltaire
    Barbarous
    Highness

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    Well, it was an analogy, and no analogy is perfect. I appreciate your opinion, but I still feel my comparison is valid

here is something I wrote just after the plat price was raised on the xp anywhere elixir. It's still a valid point: the leaderboard has not reflected anything real in a LONG, LONG time...
    Not entirely true and not very fair to the ppl who have put in very 'real' and honest effort to get onto the leaderboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaddy View Post
    Agreed, but most of the folks that I put into this category are strong merchs, and players who are this heavily invested have little room to complain, as they are as guilty on the front end as STS is on the back end...
    Again not true.... Just counted up and most folks aren't 'strong merchs'

You make some very valid points but these simply aren't true. Just saying..
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Ok sir, for the last 6 months ive been here ive done nothing but host contest giving away a small fortune and being as friendly as possible in this game and when an oppurtunity comes to gain all that money back after just popping in and out of game saying hi to friend being the guy thats been here from close to the start with almost nothing except almost every vanity item in the game. Kinda frustrating dont you think. Not saying im the only one like that but you get the point...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I Agree with most of the comments before me, with that I dont like how this is running, but Im not going into details why...Basically the same as above.
    BUT! I have something really important to say!
    I really like the new loading screen (:
    ShadowPlat OneMoreDay RegiLess & RegFree
    My Guess: 177

27.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #160
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

This doesn't address most of your feedback, but does address the people who think they lost plat due to leaving early. There is a display issue with Dash R's conversation. She claims to recharge you for access to the Festival if you leave early and try to reenter, but in fact the platinum is not deducted from your account. If you still have the festival elixir it is safe to "buy" your way back in. We have fast-tracked a fix for this.
    Last edited by Flip; 12-15-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    QA Ninja!