Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Question On Vanity Armor for Lvl 41 Commando?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

An idea, how about a black silhouette? Showing the armors as they might be as a teaser. Im cappin 3 toons so yea, a teaser will help fuel my willingness to do this. Im a visual person, but I also have a good imagination. others do not think as I do, But teasers might help them out.

Maybe the commando armor piece does something else? And that's why its low rez. Yes ops and engi chest pieces are awesome but that's there focus. Maybe commandos have a better peace that has an importance. Like arms and back?

Just my 2 credits.
    -Ghost
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I don't get it. Why is the 'art' budget so in-balanced? I understand that maybe other parts like the back or arm might be more awesome than the other 2 classes in the next update, but I do not want people to look at me and say, "wow, nice back, but you sure got an ugly chest."

And I don't think anyone would find this acceptable. I would say that the titan set is an 'acquired taste', where I know of people who totally hate it and some who totally loved it. But the blurry and uneven design of this chest would be considered to be ugly universally.

I think at the very least, make the lines more define, balance the design so that it is systemically even. Really hope that the developers would look into this. It would give us commandos a lot more motivation to go for the elite cap.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Lol, limitations. One of the few things that SL trumps PL with (graphics) is gonna be what kills it later as well.

Why not just expand to making the game heavy duty? I was told that the size limitations were made to have a quick start-up. Doesn't seem to be any quicker than O&C which has way better graphics than PL/SL. I'm pretty sure players wouldn't mind a few seconds more of loading time for awesome graphics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    Lol, limitations. One of the few things that SL trumps PL with (graphics) is gonna be what kills it later as well.

Why not just expand to making the game heavy duty? I was told that the size limitations were made to have a quick start-up. Doesn't seem to be any quicker than O&C which has way better graphics than PL/SL. I'm pretty sure players wouldn't mind a few seconds more of loading time for awesome graphics.

I would and so would many others i wanna play not sit through loading screens

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corpser View Post
    I would and so would many others i wanna play not sit through loading screens
    So you'd choose this armor over 10 seconds of loading? Sweet.

Heck, they can fit campaigns through little patches. Surely they can do a slight variation on the armor changes.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

On a funny side, I am waiting for the next level cap vanity part for engineers and operatives to be super ugly since there is the budget in place. LOL.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuRfY View Post
    On a funny side, I am waiting for the next level cap vanity part for engineers and operatives to be super ugly since there is the budget in place. LOL.
    But who cares about ugly arms or ugly legs?
    Considering the new trend with armor seems to be skin tight anorexia gear, especially for the females, they're going to be so small you'll hardly notice.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    Considering the new trend with armor seems to be skin tight anorexia gear, especially for the females, they're going to be so small you'll hardly notice.
    well, there is the back shoulder, isnt it? lol.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #29
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post

Because we have a not-insignificant number of users (and users who go on to purchase Platinum) that are playing on lower end devices. So, we do have some consideration for them. It's not really loading time, it's what happens when you have 25 avatars on screen and whether or not the game grinds to a halt because of what's being displayed.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Because we have a not-insignificant number of users (and users who go on to purchase Platinum) that are playing on lower end devices. So, we do have some consideration for them. It's not really loading time, it's what happens when you have 25 avatars on screen and whether or not the game grinds to a halt because of what's being displayed.
    Good luck!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

one of the downside of making a game compatible for a bunch of different devices(to 1st generation ipod touch to iphone 4s, first generation smartphones to the latest, using chrome with a windows xp to chrome windows 7 and Chrome with low end macs to chrome in high end macs). You can't(well not cant but very improbable) make everyone happy but you sure as hell can make everyone unhappy. This is gonna be a challenge for STS...just voicing out my opinion seeing as you can't please everyone more power to ya and good luck.
    Westlyford-Operative(Main)
    Killerade-Commando
    Creatanhealer- Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Well, keep it ugly for them. Just let the majority with proper devices enjoy their devices...

Every game out there adjusts themselves dynamically to the devices they're being run on, like I'm sure you do, too. Your argument just doesn't quite fly.

Besides, I think I've heard that song before...
    You already sacrificed PL to that altar with the introduction of gcd in the name of reduced gfx lag for those with challenged devices. Please, don't do it again.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 12-20-2011 at 04:32 PM.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

To be honest, when I first saw the vanity npc in blackstar, I didn't even notice his vanity chest piece. I thought he was just wearing some low level gear. Was pumped to get to lvl 41 for the chest as the helm was....meh for me. But guess ill be taking my time this time around.

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Hmm... I still think the chest design should be improved. I mean, I could go around with a naked torso and it would look just as ornate/eleborate/epic. Not meaning to be a whiner, but we're not asking for a million moving parts here. Just colors/lines that we can see.
    Gandalf—Level 21 Arcane Legends Sorcerer
    Redeemed—Level 12 Sorcerer twink

Nighttrooper - Level 40 Commando [retired]
    Nightarcher - Level 60 Avian Archer [retired]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nightarcher View Post
    Not meaning to be a whiner, but we're not asking for a million moving parts here. Just colors/lines that we can see.
    A little more definition in the design and we are set

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can anyone show me the vanity torso armor for engineers and operatives please I havent seen them yet. Thank you in advance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...hlight=express

This is the only post I see all 3 classes with elite chest standing together. The other 2 classes, esp ops look better in-game, as they have the electric effect going on, which matches their helmet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Default i like the chest......

i like the chest paired with titan set. not with battleshell.
    well imma suck this one up. and wait till the next arbiter piece.

Name:  scotchtape41.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  78.4 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

i do. i think the legs look terrible for the new armor. i feel like i i have two chopsticks as legs. how do you tank with chopstick legs?
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    i like the chest paired with titan set. not with battleshell.
    well imma suck this one up. and wait till the next arbiter piece.
    Think you are the only one that does buddy, like everyone and myself brought this up so a change in definition of the armor could be added. We've been shot down regardless of how much plat we buy constantly, which should cover adding a little more to the budget. We must just wait and see and hope it can take enough focus of the chest as possible, I will still be left feeling a sense of disappointment.

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o