Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: A few solid suggestions for SL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default A few solid suggestions for SL.

1. 5-slot trade window: We have 5 pieces of gear to make a set, why only 4 slots? I spent all morning mediating a huge arguement because someone logged after trade without giving the final piece up. This could even happen by fluke, you get dc'd after trading the 4 pieces but before giving the 5th one. This is quite a glaring issue, and makes *zero* sense in my opinion. I assume because the trade screen is the same coding as PL's.

2. Enhancer timer: No, this has nothing to do with the timer counting down outside of a dungeon, I'm sure the devs know that one. Here's my beef...
    Say you bought a 3x 30 minute enhancer, and have been playing for roughly 20 mins. Well, the best time to check your remaining enhancer is right as you remake, as you wait for friends to join. Here's the issue, albeit a minor one: "So-and-so has entered the zone" appears directly overtop of the enhancer countdown, so you can't see the time remaining. If all 4 friends join while you're trying to look, you end up spending 10-15 seconds trying to see past it all, and instead of hosting/leading, you are now the guy in the back saying "Hey, wait up!"

3. Combo Enhancers: When a combo enhancer runs out, it acts like it's actually 5 seperate ones and in turn spams your screen 5 times that your enhancer wore off. Uber annoying when trying to keep your peepers peeled for tiny red mines.

4. People you have muted/ignored joining your runs: This has been suggested before, but is more important than ever. Say you're hosting and trying to be quick, so no pw, and you don't really care who joins as long as it fills up.
    That doesn't mean I want the guy that called me a "%&*&# mine triggering #$#!$%" to keep joining my games, or people you don't enjoy playing with in general. There's no reason for someone the host has on ignore to be able to join runs.

5. Deals of the Day: This has gotten me jipped out of plat many times with the Holiday pack, Rivet, 3x Combo, etc.. When something is up on DotD, the price for said item should be that cheap everywhere. Maybe with a little *dotd* sign beside it so you know why it's cheaper than usual. I can't tell you how steamed I was to buy a Rivet the day they came out for 500plat only to see DotD 20 mins later for 50% off. Or even the Xmas packs, I bought 2 for 30p each, back out of my menu to learn they are only 25p. This adds up and has probably eaten up a few hundred plat on my expense.

6. Make the bonus from custom sets worth the 200k in recipes/mats. Simple enough. As it is I'm only in custom for the looks, the benefit from the set bonus is negligable, especially in Voleria. Good work on the custom weapon color changes though.

7. Auction Terminals: Why not put 3 along that wall in the AH, or even a circle of them in the middle facing outwards? Help spread the people out so when you go looking for a friend in town, you can find him and he's not buried under 20 people standing at the single terminal. Stash is never busy like that thanks to the Guildhall stash, but the auction terminal is a cluster. Also, between the terminal, Preston the Auctioneer, and the horde of bodies there, you almost never click what you meant to the first time. Also, we can haz item sold notification, pl0x?

Well, I know I had more, but I can't remember and these were the important ones, so feel free to add to this.
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebalere For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    1. 5-slot trade window: We have 5 pieces of gear to make a set, why only 4 slots? I spent all morning mediating a huge arguement because someone logged after trade without giving the final piece up. This could even happen by fluke, you get dc'd after trading the 4 pieces but before giving the 5th one. This is quite a glaring issue, and makes *zero* sense in my opinion. I assume because the trade screen is the same coding as PL's.

2. Enhancer timer: No, this has nothing to do with the timer counting down outside of a dungeon, I'm sure the devs know that one. Here's my beef...
    Say you bought a 3x 30 minute enhancer, and have been playing for roughly 20 mins. Well, the best time to check your remaining enhancer is right as you remake, as you wait for friends to join. Here's the issue, albeit a minor one: "So-and-so has entered the zone" appears directly overtop of the enhancer countdown, so you can't see the time remaining. If all 4 friends join while you're trying to look, you end up spending 10-15 seconds trying to see past it all, and instead of hosting/leading, you are now the guy in the back saying "Hey, wait up!"

3. Combo Enhancers: When a combo enhancer runs out, it acts like it's actually 5 seperate ones and in turn spams your screen 5 times that your enhancer wore off. Uber annoying when trying to keep your peepers peeled for tiny red mines.

4. People you have muted/ignored joining your runs: This has been suggested before, but is more important than ever. Say you're hosting and trying to be quick, so no pw, and you don't really care who joins as long as it fills up.
    That doesn't mean I want the guy that called me a "%&*&# mine triggering #$#!$%" to keep joining my games, or people you don't enjoy playing with in general. There's no reason for someone the host has on ignore to be able to join runs.

5. Deals of the Day: This has gotten me jipped out of plat many times with the Holiday pack, Rivet, 3x Combo, etc.. When something is up on DotD, the price for said item should be that cheap everywhere. Maybe with a little *dotd* sign beside it so you know why it's cheaper than usual. I can't tell you how steamed I was to buy a Rivet the day they came out for 500plat only to see DotD 20 mins later for 50% off. Or even the Xmas packs, I bought 2 for 30p each, back out of my menu to learn they are only 25p. This adds up and has probably eaten up a few hundred plat on my expense.

6. Make the bonus from custom sets worth the 200k in recipes/mats. Simple enough. As it is I'm only in custom for the looks, the benefit from the set bonus is negligable, especially in Voleria. Good work on the custom weapon color changes though.

7. Auction Terminals: Why not put 3 along that wall in the AH, or even a circle of them in the middle facing outwards? Help spread the people out so when you go looking for a friend in town, you can find him and he's not buried under 20 people standing at the single terminal. Stash is never busy like that thanks to the Guildhall stash, but the auction terminal is a cluster. Also, between the terminal, Preston the Auctioneer, and the horde of bodies there, you almost never click what you meant to the first time. Also, we can haz item sold notification, pl0x?

Well, I know I had more, but I can't remember and these were the important ones, so feel free to add to this.
    Great Ideas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

You bring up some good points especially the first one and the one about auction terminals

Ign uwantaides

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Ideas that should be added 1, 5, 6, and 7. The rest to me are like, if they're added well awesome if they're not o well. Good suggestions tho!
    http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Great ideas Ebalere! I certainly like the combo enhancer suggestion because it does get annoying, and placing the "elixir buff" section a bit more easier to access.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Thanks for the support my space-invading brothers!
    Infinite Union forums

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Nice suggestions Eb!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Good ideas! One idea I have is the ability to repurchase guild hall enhancers at the dungeon instead of taking the long route back. By the time you get back, everybody abandons your game.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

1. Good
    2. Very good
    3. 50/50 I agree yep
    4. This would be a great addition. Woulda helped me loads haha!
    5. Agree
    6. 50/50 yes
    7. Quite a drastic change IMO
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

The mana regen on custom Runetech is good enough for me. As long as I don't have to use blue stims I am happy. Not sure what the bonus is, other than +2 mana regen.
    Facebones & Dethklock are proud members of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

These r all great ideas ive had problems with all of these. The auction terminal thing doesn't really bother me that much but at least one more terminal would be nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

A CS in the guildhall would be nice!

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

LOL Eb still enjoying my Custom Breather I hope?

I put a tracking device on it... Mwahaha...
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck:528471
    LOL Eb still enjoying my Custom Breather I hope?

I put a tracking device on it... Mwahaha...
    Well then you'd know.... I STILL PEW PEW WITH IT.
    Infinite Union forums

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #16
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Good stuff! Thanks for taking the time to write it up!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

I still can't fathom y we can't access the cs from the tier 3 guild hall. everything else is there. I hate leaving the GH when I'm messing around wit buddies to check the cs, then I come back and the party's over.....

edit: I'll also throw this in here rather than start a new thread since devs have checked here. I'm sure this had been suggested, but the stash is so flawed it's frustrating. I don't get the way it organizes what I put in. I would be happier if everything I put in stayed in the exact order I put it there rather than the randomness of it now. at least then I can say "I know I put that vanity in when I stashed my mats" so I can just look for a chunck of mats and I know my van wil be there. I've thought I accidentally liquidated things bc I couldn't find them. I go through it almost every other day, and I can't decide which is more frustration, trying to find something or putting everything on my stash toon and switching back and forth to get things I need. I can't imagine this hasn't been suggested by others already, but id forget to mention it if I didn't type it out when it popped into my mind
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-02-2012 at 12:28 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    I still can't fathom y we can't access the cs from the tier 3 guild hall. everything else is there. I hate leaving the GH when I'm messing around wit buddies to check the cs, then I come back and the party's over.....
    thats actually a really good idea, a CS in GH would be amazing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I really like ideas 1,4,5, and 7. I would especially like to see the muted one implemented .....you really don't want someone u muted following u like that.

Also l also like lelouchx's ideas for cs in gh. Sometimes I don't even want to walk into blackstar because of all the random friend requests and junk.

Great ideas!

Edit: forgot to include would love stash to be organized......it takes forever to find stuff sometimes.

Infinite Union-Officer Click here to join
    Trixie-Rogue/ Trixietoo-Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

are there stash and cs terminals in any of the other "towns?" i think that would be a great idea also if they aren't there already, i haven't looked at the new town, but i don't remember seeing one in the numa town. i hate all the random guild/friend invites and PM's "why won't you join my guild," or "if you join my guild i'll make you an officer" on my poor little merch toon. she's very shy and doesn't like to chat, she gets scared when too many people try to talk to her. in hindsight, probably a bad idea to make my merch toon a female....
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*