Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: heal mage!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Most of the people are afraid to use skill cause it costs mana and they don't want to spend credits on mana packs.

Poor guys
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=415&d=1311352096
    Theseus | Mars | Cupido
    Rage of Mages Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

I have all three classes and op is my main , but i realise what has to be done to ensure the success of the other team members, That particular class not being their main is not an excuse of being a bad team member. If these people refuse to listen to our suggestions and advice they should stick to solo and not jeopardize other players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by themars View Post
    Most of the people are afraid to use skill cause it costs mana and they don't want to spend credits on mana packs.

Poor guys
    i would accept not knowing how to play the class as a better reason than this (even though i don't think that is a good reason either). it's ok for me to spend money on stims so when i play my com, which i don't really like, i can use my taunt skills and soak up damage, but an engi, who has more mana and better regen than me, can't buy some stilm to keep me alive? smh
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fac3bon3s View Post
    I really do hope that the Holidays are to blame for the drop in guild members and friends that are on line.
    I'm willing to bet it has more to do with purp drop rate.

There's just jack to run for...
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalere View Post
    When I was 13 I probably would be way better at SL than I am now. At age 25, my hands cramp when I play pvp, my eyes can't focus after extended periods of gaming, and I have RL obligations that limit my play time. Age is really no excuse if the people are the correct age to be even playing.
    My eyes literally cannot focus on objects for like 30 minutes after playing on my phone. God forbid I played right before driving, a woman behind the wheel is already dangerous enough.

When I played on my engineer, I would use empathy the second it was available, I don't see how people don't. Even if you have no idea what you're doing and just mash skill buttons, you'll eventually hit empathy lol.

I found it more annoying when people seem to have "revive!!!" set as a quick chat. The second they die....HOLY CRAP REVIVE ME?!?!" I even had people stay on the ground because they were typing revive right after dying, that they didn't even notice I had already cast the spell -.-
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kahlua View Post
    I found it more annoying when people seem to have "revive!!!" set as a quick chat. The second they die....HOLY CRAP REVIVE ME?!?!" I even had people stay on the ground because they were typing revive right after dying, that they didn't even notice I had already cast the spell -.-
    I can see how this is annoying, but i would rather people say "rez" when they die than not. I don't always see where they are, and since i am a front line engi and not a strictly support engi, it's nice to see. i don't need any "ty" when i rez, but i always say it when i get one. after all, it's part of the engi's job. i don't thank an op for dealing massive damage or a com for tanking (even though i take the aggro often enough). but you are right, the only reason i can see for not spamming empathy is when you are the only engi running and you are trying to get the whole group in each cast.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I stopped playing SL because I got tired of commandos rushing in and expecting to be healed/saved. Then, blaming me when they die. Well, there's only so much an Eng can do.

In PL, i was recently in a 65 group, and someone died. The mag was asked to do a rev. We had to explain which skill button did a rev. All i can guess is that this mage was a friend borrowing an account to try out PL. How else does a mage get to 65 and not know how to rev?

EDIT: Oops, my error. Yes, commandos lead the way. It's the Operatives rushing forward that gave me trouble.
    Last edited by csb; 01-03-2012 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    I stopped playing SL because I got tired of commandos rushing in and expecting to be healed/saved. Then, blaming me when they die. Well, there's only so much an Eng can do.

In PL, i was recently in a 65 group, and someone died. The mag was asked to do a rev. We had to explain which skill button did a rev. All i can guess is that this mage was a friend borrowing an account to try out PL. How else does a mage get to 65 and not know how to rev?
    well, a com should rush a little ahead of the group to pick up aggro because engis can easily take it with trans and boom, but everyone should have stims on them too bc like you said, there is only so much an engi can do. i'm not shocked about the PL mage either, i try to do guild/friend runs exclusively now.

EDIT: ahhh split infinitive (to exclusively do), my Latin teacher would kill me if he saw this post! Ok, fixed, i can breathe easy again.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-03-2012 at 03:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Frankly, many people have no idea what the skill buttons actually do. They use them and, if it seems to cut into the opponent's hp, they use it again. If it doesn't seem to affect the opponent, like healing, they stop using it. I don't even see many combos in SL. It's like people don't actually want to learn how to be good players. They just want their drops and their xp.

New York the most wonderful place on Earth
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Once it was me as my comm and 3 engis. When i entered, one said " a commando and engi make a good team" We proceeded thru the level and i did lead a little (being a commando)

THEY NEVER HEALED!

There were 3 engineers for crying out loud!!! They probably healed every ...just about never. Please remember THERE WERE THREE. I went thu SO MANY stim packs and it definitely could have been prevented.
    <3 Koi, you will forever be missed. <3
    Very happy member of Eclipse! ~Reddwing
    The android forum app needs a thanks button, I see some insightful posts every so often

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Frankly, many people have no idea what the skill buttons actually do. They use them and, if it seems to cut into the opponent's hp, they use it again. If it doesn't seem to affect the opponent, like healing, they stop using it. I don't even see many combos in SL. It's like people don't actually want to learn how to be good players. They just want their drops and their xp.
    you bring up a good point with the combo. there aren't that many really, but capping my op alt, i became very familiar with the psychic lash/trans combo. trans can be used any of the 6 seconds that psychic lash stays effective for, and more than one engi can combo it by using trans. it does great damage, and i'm not sure if i never see this combo (newt, my engi is my main) because ops don't spec it. i know what the skill looks like when it is cast, and i rarely see it used by ops in general. a guildie i was running with on sniper was on top of the combo, used trans whenever i used psychic lash and it wasn't on cool down. suppression combos with com force hammer too, but its rare to see engis use this skill since half the people yell at engis when they do. thanks for the input!