Thread: Looking back.... I've been very lucky, thx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Default Looking back.... I've been very lucky, thx

So I'm in the mood to rant a bit, but it's a good rant. I got annoyed last night, but today I was looking back over all the time I've been playing PL and now SL, and I think I'm extremely lucky to say the least. Well, I'll start out with a huge thanks to my 2 co-GMs, eb and killa (who will probably never see this due to her lack of internet), bc you guys are awesome and idk what i'd do in game or in my real life without you. Some others I've know for what seems like more than 4 months TBH, have all changed me for the better. I'd also like to thank all the people in the first guild I was ever in KoC, for breaking my shell and helping me be more outgoing. I'm not going to list any other names bc I know I'm going to leave too many people out, but you all know who you are.

I don't know what everyone else's experience has been with this game, but I'm gonna share mine. I always used to make fun of my best friend bc he always used to play WoW. We always had the same interests, and he said I would love MMOs since we both grew up on RPGs. I decided to give it a try when I found PL, and after I started playing it, I stopped making fun of him. I always see people saying this is just a game, which it is for some. It's all I thought it would be for me as well, but I was wrong. A few things I never expected to find from "a game":
    - a community of people so excited to help others in (despite any haters or scammers that lurch into this community)
    - logging into the game for the sole purpose of chatting, not playing
    - meeting people who I've never seen in real life, that I feel so close to that it feels weird if I don't talk to them on a daily basis, whether it is in game, on google+, of through phone calls/texts.
    - meeting people who saw flaws in me I didn't realize I had, forgiving me when I wronged them, and helped me be a better person
    - a forum community that makes me laugh on a daily basis. Some of these people I have never even seen in game due to different schedules, but I still feel close to them from communications here

I could continue that list, but it would start getting repetitive now (if it hasn't already). Few of you know that the past month has been rough on me, and so many people, whether they know my situation or not, have cheered me up and given me a laugh when I didn't think it was possible. Because of the kindness I have been shown, I couldn't let real life prevent me from being around to return the favor whenever I could.

I'd also like to apologize to anyone I may have been quick-tempered with of late. Like I said, rough month, but I try not to take things out on people who don't deserve it. Unfortunately it's happened, but I'm lucky to have met people who don't hold it against me.

Finally, I'd like to thank STS. I've had limited communication with devs, but even so, they created this environment that I look forward to escaping to daily, despite any circumstances that make me grumpy or act like a downer. Be proud that you created a community that means so much to me, and I'm sure, to so many others.

I hope others have found something similar to what I have here, and I hope that I've been able to contribute to that feeling as well.

On that note, I'm gonna end this with a meme I've been dying to use!

Last edited by LelouchX; 01-06-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LelouchX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

So true, friends is what makes this game. I don't care what they say..."oh u nub lololol what a nerd, go find real friends".

All of us have friends outside of game. But whether it's in game or not we are all people.

The best thing about the game is to just chat there with your friends about stuff, or help each other get items and what not.

People like Deaf, Mute, Acedagger, Divinehawkz and many others keep me playing. Those are people who you can talk to about anything, who you can trust.

Whatever we say sometimes, the forum community is great too. Sure we fight a lot(me including), but where else would you find such a diverse, funny, friendly bunch of people? We still all help each other after all.

That's all i've got to say guys.

Take care.
    It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

You have both said enough, so im not going to repeat, but to just let you know I feel exactly the same way to both of you and many many more.

The community is what has kept me logging on to the forums, and at times back into the game.

<3 you guys!

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Yeah, I gotta say I've met a lot more kind people in game and on forums than I've ever known in real life. (except for the occasional flamer who runs around just trying to piss people off) I gotta say that a few people in game have helped me keep my sanity with all the crazy stuff going on in RL right now, I probably would've went off the deep end a while ago without you guys. Well, deeper than I already am.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Thats exactly the only reason i came back because the people not the game i could careless about the game but the people i meet are always so kind and understanding i dont care how old you are.. if you take time to listen to me and try and help or make conversation with me you are absolutly considered a friend to me no matter if ive met you in real life or not.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

@ blind, if i haven't said it before, your bluntness is refreshing

@ bod, you crack me up just about every time you post something

Quote Originally Posted by Artentreri View Post
    Yeah, I gotta say I've met a lot more kind people in game and on forums than I've ever known in real life. (except for the occasional flamer who runs around just trying to piss people off) I gotta say that a few people in game have helped me keep my sanity with all the crazy stuff going on in RL right now, I probably would've went off the deep end a while ago without you guys. Well, deeper than I already am.
    qft

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Thats exactly the only reason i came back because the people not the game i could careless about the game but the people i meet are always so kind and understanding i dont care how old you are.. if you take time to listen to me and try and help or make conversation with me you are absolutly considered a friend to me no matter if ive met you in real life or not.
    well, i won't say that i could care less for the game, but the people are the main reason i keep coming back. i've found some other things to keep my sanity as well after long grinds (merch toon, twinks, farming, etc) so maybe something like this would be up your alley.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-06-2012 at 04:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb418/javier995/132ba71b.jpg
    When the sky falls, when it crumbles,
    we will stand tall, and face it all together.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Great post LelouchX! I like when people take the time to share positive stuff on the forums! I agree with you very much and the game's surprised me for the same reasons. Also, don't know about the situation (rough month), but I do wish you the best with it. Peace!

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MimeRifle View Post
    Great post LelouchX! I like when people take the time to share positive stuff on the forums! I agree with you very much and the game's surprised me for the same reasons. Also, don't know about the situation (rough month), but I do wish you the best with it. Peace!
    thx! i've actually been looking for you in game since you started banning and loving me left and right, but i can't find you, lol. i'll keep looking!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

And Remember ... Paar <3 You! Stay Golden Ponyboy(: I also have been very lucky to be with friends that are very kind and Helpful! I appreciate all of you especially my beta pals who were the best friends I could ever wish for! Thank you for being my friends.. DuDuhnnn Red Solocup! I fill you up! Lets have a party, Lets have a party!!!!
    SL: L.41 xPaarx
    PL: L.66 Paaraseva
    DL: L.21 Jupiter

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Bye Lelouch! You will be missed :,(

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paar View Post
    And Remember ... Paar <3 You! Stay Golden Ponyboy(: I also have been very lucky to be with friends that are very kind and Helpful! I appreciate all of you especially my beta pals who were the best friends I could ever wish for! Thank you for being my friends.. DuDuhnnn Red Solocup! I fill you up! Lets have a party, Lets have a party!!!!
    how could i ever forget paar?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Bye Lelouch! You will be missed :,(
    lol, i'm not going anywhere, just got a burst of "happy" today so i decided to post this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Ok so Lelouchx may have tried to fool you all, but i will let you all know the truth!!! This whole rant was so he could make his love for me public!!! Yes i said it!!! He thought i would never see it due to the fight i'm having with my internet right now, but I've got it in a head lock right now!!!
    Ok for serious tho.....Lelouchx you and ebelare are my partners in building a guild that makes me laugh non stop!! I love the SL community!!! What would i do with all my free time if i didn't have SL?? LOL...I would still be looking for my crew of jokers with no luck good thing i found you guys here!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I was unable to read your post.

I saw your username, and I had to say...

Awesome.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I just wanted to say that i am proud to knw u newt, and im very proud to be an officer in infinite union :-)
    Kateatankan-Officer in Infinite Union

I MAY BE A RAGING FANGIRL BUT IM PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!! :-)