Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why we need 3 base chars (dex, str, int)??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Exclamation Why we need 3 base chars (dex, str, int)??

I've been wondering for a while and now i want to ask yo opinions on the topic

Why we need all 3 chars if it makes sense to add only to one for each class (dex for ops; int for engies; str for coms)?

As i made my first toon i was distributing points to all 3 of them and achieved quite good results, but then i began to meet all-dex-operatives with higher stats..

Will it be useful to invest in other chars later?

It'd be great to hear from a dev, but i'm interested in everyone's thoughts

My own point of view is that it could be done more thoughtfull - pitchin dex would raise your criticals and dodge; str - armor and health (tho i can't understand how str will increase dmg of ranged, energy-based weapons); int - mana and criticals (even more than dex)...
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Dex raises dodge in sl? In pl its very minor and dodge is all in the str but i could be wrong havent looked into it yet

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I dont know but it works man and I dont like dual-specing its just weird to me

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Sts needs to put dual specing back in sl.. Also weapon swapping... I really don't know what its called but it would be beast mode for a com to have operative guns. (; really they shouldve left the attributes the same as pl.. Way more fun imo
    So basically dex raises dmg, and crit, dodge. Str raises health, defense, hit%. And int raises mana, dmg, defense(I'm not to sure about int)
    Last edited by ThisGuy0502; 01-08-2012 at 03:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well now that I gave it more thought it seems that engineers will benefit the most from stat based items, cause all engis will go dual-specing STR and DEX for the comm armor and op weapons.

Shoes are shiniest when the day is dull
    Garvhoz- lv40 commando/lv16 warrior/lv? bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Dex raises dodge in sl? In pl its very minor and dodge is all in the str but i could be wrong havent looked into it yet
    Im guessing FBF, means that's what he believes it should be.

Never understood the meaning/reasoning behind one way spec. Seems quite useless to have, though I do know a few people that have dual spec's in SL and it works great for them. (Just not as great as goin one way)

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BodMaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I've seen alot of people that have different stats based upon their class. Like I saw an engineer with pure str and once I saw an operative with pure int.

I've never tried something like that but once I get the chance to respec I might try

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Name:  ObamaplayingSL.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  51.8 KB

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Like really theres no diffrence in mana/health regen if you choose to be a str engineer or dex or dex comando or int and so on except the only thing that changes is mana pool health pool dps armor and hit %

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

I remember in PL stats made a huge difference! Each point in str added about .25 dodge making duel speccing great for technical builds .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow:534493
    I remember in PL stats made a huge difference! Each point in str added about .25 dodge making duel speccing great for technical builds .
    Yea points seem a bit worthless in SL.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

well, i don't keep my engi at pure int. here are some screenies i posted in my build (link in sig).

Note, attribute points affect different classes differently, this only pertains to engis:

Don't get me wrong, it's nothing like how attribute points affect stats in PL. However, using a combination of strength and intelligence can give you a boost in your hit%, which can make mean the difference between life and death in PvP.
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-08-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    <Infinite Union> Eyeofnewt Engi - Eyesssniper Op - LelouchX Com ~ GinFiend
    *G+ Chat For STS Community**Newt's Engi Build*

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LelouchX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Name:  ObamaplayingSL.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  51.8 KB

LOL

Thanx for fun))
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LelouchX View Post
    well, i don't keep my engi at pure int. here are some screenies i posted in my build (link in sig).

Note, attribute points affect different classes differently, this only pertains to engis:

Don't get me wrong, it's nothing like how attribute points affect stats in PL. However, using a combination of strength and intelligence can give you a boost in your hit%, which can make mean the difference between life and death in PvP.
    Thank you for visuals! Really easier to discuss stuff when u see the difference

And seing this makes me think again and go respec points to get my Op slightly modified.. It seems that the difference was not so clear at lower lvls, when i decided to become all-dex.

Looks like the higher levels (like 70 or 90) will make a bigger difference and thats exactly what i wanted to know

Thanx again, LelouchX
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 01-09-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

Wow full dex engies stink

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

well, you have to admit that gear can help you in anything you stat allocations are missing, and if Sl also copied the hit% ceiling of 80something%...

stats seem to be the appendix of SL, born off the success of PL, SL seems to have a few stuff that it could change from the original equation.
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Although this guide was never technically finished, it has enough details that you should read it to understand how stats work:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...DEX-INT)-Guide

I'm seeing more players now with PL type builds in SL. As a former PL player who focuses on SL now, I assure you that it doesn't work the same way, nor was it intended to by STS because they were making a new and different game with SL. Every SL class has a main attribute that should get most to all attribute points. Each class also has a secondary attribute that may be worth up to 25% of your attributes, but the third attribute should get nothing every time. Read the above guide for details.

As far as dual spec'ing goes, it can't be done the same way as PL, and again that is on purpose. SL is designed to be more team oriented meaning the class roles become more important. If Commando's take aggro, engineers heal, and operatives focus on taking out the right members of a mob first, the game is quite easy. There are subtle ways to vary a class though using your skill point allocation, weapon and armor choice, and implant choice. Try comparing the stats of a full green armor set against a full purple set or Plat set at a given level, say 30 or 35 or 40. Try a rifle versus a shield and pistol. Try a damage implant versus a dodge implant. Just some ideas...
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Teddyache For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

I do know a few people that have dual spec's in SL and it works great for them.
    And Louchie fell into this catergory.. tho I forgot he had this in his build

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Thank you for visuals! Really easier to discuss stuff when u see the difference

And seing this makes me think again and go respec points to get my Op slightly modified.. It seems that the difference was not so clear at lower lvls, when i decided to become all-dex.

Looks like the higher levels (like 70 or 90) will make a bigger difference and thats exactly what i wanted to know

Thanx again, LelouchX
    Anytime, i had the screenies for my build anyway, glad to help. You definately can see the difference in the higher levels, and even mid level twinks could potentially boost their hit or dodge 1 point depending on the level. I can screenie the op and com ones after work and post here if anyone is interested

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    Wow full dex engies stink
    Ummmm, no they ROCK! Thanks for the laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Arterra View Post
    well, you have to admit that gear can help you in anything you stat allocations are missing, and if Sl also copied the hit% ceiling of 80something%...

stats seem to be the appendix of SL, born off the success of PL, SL seems to have a few stuff that it could change from the original equation.
    Stat boosts from gear can help greatly for your attributes. If you need, for example, 30 strength to boost a stat, and you have a shield that gives you 4 strength, you could just allocate your points to 26, throw those extra 4 in intellegence, which will give the engi better damage, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Teddyache View Post
    Although this guide was never technically finished, it has enough details that you should read it to understand how stats work:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...DEX-INT)-Guide

I'm seeing more players now with PL type builds in SL. As a former PL player who focuses on SL now, I assure you that it doesn't work the same way, nor was it intended to by STS because they were making a new and different game with SL. Every SL class has a main attribute that should get most to all attribute points. Each class also has a secondary attribute that may be worth up to 25% of your attributes, but the third attribute should get nothing every time. Read the above guide for details.

As far as dual spec'ing goes, it can't be done the same way as PL, and again that is on purpose. SL is designed to be more team oriented meaning the class roles become more important. If Commando's take aggro, engineers heal, and operatives focus on taking out the right members of a mob first, the game is quite easy. There are subtle ways to vary a class though using your skill point allocation, weapon and armor choice, and implant choice. Try comparing the stats of a full green armor set against a full purple set or Plat set at a given level, say 30 or 35 or 40. Try a rifle versus a shield and pistol. Try a damage implant versus a dodge implant. Just some ideas...
    I used physio's guides when I started too, great stuff. I think he done with SL though, at least for now. You are right firoth, play around with your gear and stats, it's the best way to find out what works best for you. Everything on the forums is just intended to guide people in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by BodMaster View Post
    And Louchie fell into this catergory.. tho I forgot he had this in his build
    I just edited that stuff into my build over the weekend. I looked at it and saw how outdated it was. And thanks!
    Last edited by LelouchX; 01-09-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Here ya go, op and com info is live. I put it in a new thread so it would be the first post and so all info would be in 1 place, rather than scattered within a thread. Hope it helps:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ss-Differently

24. The Following User Says Thank You to LelouchX For This Useful Post: