Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Chrome Bug...glitch...thing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Default Chrome Bug...glitch...thing?

Was going to post in the Chrome section but figured I'd do the bug section instead.

For weeks I've been mentioning this movement bug I found on Chrome where you can get yourself stuck in constant movement, but never posted it. I believe it's done by the browser or something memorizing your keystrokes, because I can run continuously in a circle without touching anything, and I can also type and send chat messages while still moving.

How to do it
    1. Easiest way is with the circle method I mentioned above. Start running in a circle with the W key for forward movement, and the A or D key to make the circular arc turn.
    2. While holding down the movement keys, hit "Enter" to bring up the chat bar
    3. Type in a few random key strokes, and let go of the movement keys you were using.
    4. If done correctly, you will still be moving in a circle without touching anything. You can clear the chat log and enter chat messages as you normally would because you'll be stuck in movement.

Known ways to stop it
    • Go to another Chrome browser tab/window. Will stop all movement and spinning immediately.
    • Use the shortcut keys to enter your avatar or inventory page. Will stop all movement and spinning immediately.
    • A third method that I haven't gotten down exact yet is basically doing the same thing you did to start it, only using different movement keys and clicking the ground while hitting enter to try to stop it.

Reasons why it's bad
    Only one reason really...since this happens in both the towns and the maps, on Voleria you can accidently get stuck running forward if you hit the enter key before taking your fingers off movement. Do you finish the message correctly and risk tripping a mine or getting piled, or do you send the message as a jumble of nonsense to save yourself and confuse your friends with your weird reply?

I'm using a macbook pro.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=62120&dateline=131973  8744
    Kahlua/Knowledgebase - Star Legends Help

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kahlua For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

This is the same with my Xbox controller. Thanks for posting this
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

4.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Thanks for the report and awesome repro steps. We are seeing the issue and we're working on a fix.

An easy way to get out of this state is to close the chatbox and tap each of the movement keys you were holding down when you opened chat.
    Last edited by Flip; 01-12-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    QA Ninja!