Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: An elixir that lasts for one year

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Battlelock View Post
    Maybe 5000k. There's a plat package for 2000k plat for 89$ so you're suggesting 89$ for a year subscription?

2000K/89$ seems too low for a year to me.

Not to mention I think it's absolutely absurd to have a HUGE advantage over everyone yearly.

I think they should up all their current prices for plat by 50%-100%. Making it extremely costly for people to gain advantage on others.
    People need to feel that they are getting their money's worth.

What I find odd is that this community is suffering from Stockholm Syndrome. Let me get this straight - you want to pay more money for the same services? $90 is in line with what other MMOs of similar calibre would likely demand for a subscription. Plus, increasing the price too much might ironically hurt STS - a net decrease in total revenues if pricing is too out of whack.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Kk, saw a few more problems I want to be cleared.
    1. Increased drop rates would result in a massive drop in price.
    2. Having x4 100% of the time seems pretty OP. Maybe x2 max? Or else players could solo dungeons ruining the party system.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twinklaser View Post
    Kk, saw a few more problems I want to be cleared.
    1. Increased drop rates would result in a massive drop in price.
    2. Having x4 100% of the time seems pretty OP. Maybe x2 max? Or else players could solo dungeons ruining the party system.
    Maybe the elix can have some limitations to it. Only green items can drop. x4 seems reasonable if it's going to cost a lot of platinum... besides, using a 4x pot doesn't make you invincible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I would most likely buy any version of extended elixirs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

To me, this suggestion is too radical. I have not seen a realistic compromise yet. The only way this suggestion would ever be considered is if we found a fair compromise.

Pros -
    PvP'ers can spend more time in PvP
    Market prices would drop (bad for extreme players, good for casual)
    Players who already run with elixirs on a regular basis would benefit from a wholesale purchase

Cons -
    Purchase "God Mode"
    x4 100% of the time = devs need to produce new content x4 faster 100% of the time. (Players got bored without x4 before major updates came out)
    Sets the standard that you must spend money to have any sort of advantage in game
    After you get end level and farm all your gear, then what? x4 elixirs = Finishing the game x4 faster. (Guess it profits STS if player gets bored and quits, 100 bucks down the drain).
    Levels would have to be beefed up or else elixir people would dominate stupidly easy. Which then leaves non-elixir players at a major disadvantage and could cause drama (booted from game for not spending 100$ on essentially cheat codes)

I could go on for awhile with cons, but I think that is enough. If anyone has any other pros they would like tho throw in, be my guest, I couldn't think of anymore and I thought long and hard about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I doubt sts would ever do this... 2000 is worth like 50 4x elixers... So sts could make more money off of the 4x ones

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Its a good idea but come on guys.... 2000 plat for a year??? That's waaay to cheap! You guys want something that last you 50 hours to last for a year???
    Are you serious? we all like fancy stuff... but this is a really selfish idea.
    Imagine: you are paying 40$ a month for your cellphone. And you come to your cell provider and tell them that you will pay $2000 right now and they have to provide you with a lifetime cell reception and internet? Do you think any company would do it for you??? Answer: NOT! If you really hardcore player and can't live without using elixirs then stop complaining and buy platinum at whatever cost it is...

I personally want to live in a nice 5star hotel at a cost of $2,000 a year... ...make it even $10,000 a year! Its still cheaper than my mortgage lol but it's not gonna happen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

So basically an anti-skill elixir?