Thread: My beef with SL

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Default My beef with SL

So, I'm kind of new to Star Legends. Well, I played quite a bit when it was first released, but stopped after capping at 26. Recently, I tried picking it up again while waiting for the new PL content to take a break from constant fang runs.

I have some major, IMO, complaints about the dynamic in SL. I'll list them:

1. The economy in SL is terrible. Credits are very hard to come by making simple things like buying stims way too difficult. At level 40 I don't think I should have a dilemma when it comes to whether or not purchase stims. This has to be fixed IMO. At least give better value for liquidating items.

2. The drop rate for valuable items are way too low.

3. Voleria is a huge bust. And not because the content is bad. Its because of the people playing it. I'm not sure, maybe this has something to do with the gear that is available (i.e. farming options), but it is near impossible to join a game in Inner Core or Planetary Mantle that is looking to finish the map. Probably 29 of the last 30 games I joined run through the first leg and remake to grind XP.

4. Grinding 28K xp is harder in Voleria than 100k in Mt Fang in Pocket Legends. Why? Because its so boring due to item 3. I just can't bring myself to grind the XP. Sure, grinding by definition is boring, but when there is the possibility of maybe picking up some good gear it can be interesting.

5. Crafting gear is near impossible for a lot of people because the cost is such a limitation. 35k credits for 1 recipe? Come on. You know how long it takes to build up 35k credits? I feel sorry for the folks that are selling this gear for less than cost of the recipe. Still, not enough ig currency.

These 5 things, I've found, are the things that are really limited the enjoyment of the game. If you want the game to thrive, you need to address the fringe fan more so than the hardcore fan. That's an unfortunate truth. And as it stands now, its not that much fun for the fringe fan.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post: