Thread: Your choice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default Your choice

"The less you open your heart to others, the more your heart suffers."-author unknown

I love listening to music. The words to a song can mean so much and speak in ways that nothing else can. The other day driving home from work I heard the song "Part of me" by Katy Perry. As I listened to it I thought back to times in my life when I felt like that, like I had just gotten away from something or someone that drained me and I felt like they had "chewed me up and spit me out like I was poison in [their] mouth." Anyone that has been in a bad relationship I am sure is all to familiar with those words.

It is times like that that you truly learn to find yourself and discover what kind of person you are. You have the choice to either let the hate and resentment grow and essentially destroy your spirit and who you are or you can move on and learn from it. You can stand up and say (like she does) "throw your sticks and stones, throw your bombs and blows, but you're not gonna break my soul." You can walk away from a bad situation a stronger person. You can hold tight to who you know you are and let it shine regardless of the storm you just weathered.

It takes a truly strong person to make it through a difficult situation and come out shining. Everything that happens makes you stronger when you learn from it. Don't ever let words that people say or actions that they take break you down as a person. People can be cruel and say hurtful things, but maybe that's the only way they know to deal with their own pain and misery. You don't know the reason why someone acts the way they do and maybe you never will. Some things are better left unknown, just trust me on that one.

I don't really know where I am going with this today, just kinda what was on my mind. Heartache is a part of life, but so is love. Every cloud has a silver lining. Sometimes you might just have to dig around a little more to find it, but it is always there.

"We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them." William Arthur Ward

Infinite Union-Officer Click here to join
    Trixie-Rogue/ Trixietoo-Sorcerer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to trixie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Very well said

I think people need to realize that what they have now is the best of them. They probably need to open up more to others for every day is a beautiful day, if you make it that way. My grandpa died long ago, yet I barely knew him... and that's what makes me open up to others. We all must open up a little in our lives, cause we never know if the day we're living may be our last.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Nice Quote truly