Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Vanities/Items returning each year

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    A cornerstone of virtual items’ secondary market is the fact that none of the items are perishable. If instead of Helix you had a thousand pounds of beef, you’d need to freeze it to maintain its value and then sell it before it spoiled. If the Helix never returns you don’t need to sell it, you can just assume that you have the equivalent of its gold value so long as its in your stash. On the other hand, if Helix does return and you’re holding it thinking that it’s worth billions you “lose gold” because the market doesn’t support your asking price. Here is the kicker tho: in every case where the item is not selling it doesn’t have any actual value (unless you’re selling for real money on the black market - but that’s a whole other can of worms that we are not discussing here).

You should assume that items will return. You’re here on the forums so you are aware that a growing majority of players are asking for the return of Helix in particular. I’ve resisted this because I still see a difference between event items and level cap items, but it is probably just a matter of time before everything old comes back and there are only new items in collectors stashes.

When collectors sit on items for years at a stretch it doesn’t help the economy, it makes new players and less monied older players feel desperately inadequate and it leads to widespread community initiatives to “bring back” items of value that only a few active players still possess. My advice is to sell stuff when you have a buyer that offers a reasonable price.
    Vykryth was not only recoloured but even worse. It was a drop back in previous Halloween events and yes I'm old enough that I even know that, it dropped along with the ghost and other pets really easy which made it become really cheap ALTHOUGH it is a level cap item (31) cap. So I guess this cancels the level cap item difference for helix, if it doesn't then I don't know what does

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Everlights For This Useful Post: