Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Learn to stop the cycle of hate!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Default Learn to stop the cycle of hate!

You know people always laugh it off when they hear someone say "Why can't we all just get along?"
    People tend to think of those television shows and laugh. But seriously why can't we all stop the cycle of hate?
    I know people always talk about it and say they want everyone to be treated equally because thats what society
    wants to hear, but what is really so hard about it? Why do some people think that they should be able to have fun
    and enjoy life, but others shouldn't? I am sure you can relate to this if you think about it for just a minute. How many
    times have you seen other people insulting or degrading another person and felt like doing something? We can make a
    difference if we try! All it takes is a little compassion and understanding on all of our parts. It really isn't much if you think
    about it. I am sure most of you feel bad to see another suffer, but never stop to think of how mental abuse really hurts another
    person. Please don't laugh at this or leave a bad comment thinking I am trying to get attention or want something other than other
    than your understanding. Some people do things without realizing the true outcome or damage that their actions can cause. This is
    part of the reason I have opted to make this post. Saying things that aren't meant to be hurtful like certain names that I will not say
    and have trained myself not to say are a prime example of us not thinking things through. In the end we can really hurt someones feelings
    without realizing it and causing their good time to end abrubtly. I would like us all to sit back a second and really watch what is going on in
    life and in our beloved Pocket Legends. Get involved peacefully and make a difference. You might end up with a new best friend. All you have
    to do is show some understanding and hold out your hand to another person. Its not asking much and to be honest in the end you won't get a
    fancy shield, gold, platinum, or some other form of fancy payback. What you will get is the personal knowledge that you are taking the steps to
    make a difference in this world. Some times its the little things we all do that can add up to a huge difference in someone elses life.
    I urge all of us to try for all of our sakes. I know many of you are still young and that is why I feel this post is so important. You have the
    chance to stop the cycle of hate! Please don't discriminate against people for their color, nationality, spoken language, sexual prefference, or any
    other thing that you can think of. It hurts another person to no end. The damage you inflict can last a lifetime. Now obviously this is a game and people do move on, but mental abuse does last a life time whether or not you realize it.

I would like people to take some time and reflect on this a bit. It doesn't matter if you know me or not. Even if you feel you don't like me for some
    reason it doesn't mater. Maybe take a minute out of your day and share some of what you see happening in game or in real life. Perhaps by sharing an observation or personal experience here (please don't mention another players name if the example is from in game) you can help others
    realize something about themselves they can change for the future. Either way thank you for reading this as it has become something I can't and
    don't want to ignore. We all need to stand up and make a difference.

As a present for reading this and hopefully getting something out of this I am sending a virtual hug to all of you!
    Please keep smiling and stop the cycle of hate.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Econodeath For This Useful Post: