Thread: Kill joy does luck help? @devs

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Default Kill joy does luck help? @devs

does luck help to loot yinshe and bao eggs?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    527 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by championboost View Post
    does luck help to loot yinshe and bao eggs?
    Reroll does only work if theres an item of the same category one rarity prior the desired one. Additionally, it does work for eggs up to mythic rarity (in zavier). So rerolling for an arc or hero egg is not possible because theres no mythic egg in lootable plus arc and heroic cant reroll anyways. Also, luck elix cant cause harm. For example, in the case u loot the arc egg without reroll you wont get bao if u reroll (dropable heroics are usually cheaper than arcs).

Conclusion: You will get more tokens but eggs stay the same.
    Last edited by QuaseT; 02-22-2021 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Typo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to QuaseT For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Its possible that Kil'joy has multiple lootables containing those eggs, in which luck wouldn't help.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 02-22-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post
    Reroll does only work if theres an item of the same category one rarity prior the desired one. Additionally, it does work for eggs up to mythic rarity (in zavier). So rerolling for an arc or hero egg is not possible because theres no mythic egg in lootable plus arc and heroic cant reroll anyways. Also, luck elix cant cause harm. For example, in the case u loot the arc egg without reroll you wont get bao if u reroll (dropable heroics are usually cheaper than arcs).

yep i also realized u get way more envelope tokens with luck. But one thing: If id get a arcane egg and i reroll id get a heroic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by championboost View Post
    yep i also realized u get way more envelope tokens with luck. But one thing: If id get a arcane egg and i reroll id get a heroic?
    If your initial roll is an Arcane or Heroic, you don't re-roll.

And @Qua is right. The only way to re-roll these eggs, is, if Kil'joy's lootable contains legendary and above rarities, In which a re-roll would roll every item again in the lootable, and if the lootable avails, yes upto Arcanes/Heroics.

But since Kil'joy's drops are Rare and Epic envelopes, then re-roll would only upgrade these drops by 1 rarity higher(if the lootable avails, otherwise it'll retain). Therefore no, luck won't help looting these eggs.

Re-roll rules work like this:

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 02-22-2021 at 08:46 AM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    If your initial roll is an Arcane or Heroic, you don't re-roll.

And @Qua is right. The only way to re-roll these eggs, is, if Kil'joy's lootable contains legendary and above rarities, In which a re-roll would roll every item again in the lootable, and if the lootable avails, yes upto Arcanes/Heroics.

But since Kil'joy's drops are Rare and Epic envelopes, these drops only upgrade by 1 rarity higher(if the lootable avails, otherwise it'll retain). Therefore no, luck won't help looting these eggs.

Re-roll rules work like this:

wow the more you know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

and yet,so many taboo was believe,loke how luck/reroll is bad...certain reroll aa like timur/h.harry cause low gold drop...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

You only loot legend with luck. I already loot 2 bao egg, 1 yinshe with 0% luck. I dont run random because some r using hisha aa and pet luck buff to party. Bless by rnjesus...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by QuaseT View Post

For zavier last year I rerolled into 3 arcane eggs while looting 4 arcanes and 1 Heroic without reroll so yes it's possible to reroll into arcane as long as the lootable has it (looted many mythic eggs while I had my luck items equipped).

Yes you are right about LUCK CAN'T CAUSE HARM, absolutely love that you addressed this!

On the other hand, Ilovepoo seemed to have implied a rather misleading perception that "luck is causing harm" when he said "luck wouldn't help looting these eggs" although he might not have intended to. Instead, It could have been more encompassing and accurate to say:

"Luck may not always help but it certainly do no harm to your arcane or Heroic loot if you were meant to drop one on 1st roll."

Not always help because if the lootable does not have an arcane or Heroic, reroll will become irrelevant. For simplicity sake, let's say the best rarity in our particular lootable example is of mythic rarity, then, there will be no point to even reroll in the first place if you are aiming to loot an arcane. In this example, Reroll/Luck is irrelevant to our specific lootable we encountered with but it does not mean it is useless in all circumstances. Luck becomes useful for lootables that itself contain arcane rarity which is why luck may be directly helpful in some events (like last year eggsavier) and not so in other events (like this event) all depending on lootables of each event (Of course, the best case scenario would be having luck items reroll your 1st lootable into a new lootable that contains arcane although it is in itself not made possible by dev)

Conclusion for this event:
    Luck helps you to get more tokens while maintaining the same odds of you getting an arcane/heroic egg
    (Proof: Personally looted yinshe egg along with 2.4k tokens at kt4 with 80% luck equipped in under 2 hours of farming)
    Last edited by Analytical; 02-23-2021 at 12:29 AM. Reason: Bolded text

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Analytical View Post
    For zavier last year I rerolled into 3 arcane eggs while looting 4 arcanes and 1 Heroic without reroll so yes it's possible to reroll into arcane as long as the lootable has it (looted many mythic eggs while I had my luck items equipped).

Yes you are right about LUCK CAN'T CAUSE HARM, absolutely love that you addressed this!

On the other hand, Ilovepoo seemed to have implied a rather misleading perception that "luck is causing harm" when he said "luck wouldn't help looting these eggs" although he might not have intended to. Instead, It could have been more encompassing and accurate to say:

"Luck may not always help but it certainly do no harm to your arcane or Heroic loot if you were meant to drop one on 1st roll."

Not always help because if the lootable does not have an arcane or Heroic, reroll will become irrelevant. For simplicity sake, let's say the best rarity in our particular lootable example is of mythic rarity, then, there will be no point to even reroll in the first place if you are aiming to loot an arcane. In this example, Reroll/Luck is irrelevant to our specific lootable we encountered with but it does not mean it is useless in all circumstances. Luck becomes useful for lootables that itself contain arcane rarity which is why luck may be directly helpful in some events (like last year eggsavier) and not so in other events (like this event) all depending on lootables of each event (Of course, the best case scenario would be having luck items reroll your 1st lootable into a new lootable that contains arcane although it is in itself not made possible by dev)

Conclusion for this event:
    Luck helps you to get more tokens while maintaining the same odds of you getting an arcane/heroic egg
    (Proof: Personally looted yinshe egg along with 2.4k tokens at kt4 with 80% luck equipped in under 2 hours of farming)
    Yes of course, I was definitely referring to the circumstances of this event. Such that the only drops are Rare/Epic envelopes, Yinshe and Bao.

If anyones aim is the hope of looting these eggs, considering the circumstances, then yes, luck won't help(in the context of adding in more luck gear/lix/awakes) just incase you misinterpret.

If not, then I don't see how its misleading nor how you thought it was implied to cause harm.

We're on the same page though.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 02-23-2021 at 01:28 AM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Only devs cn answer this question.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Haha my problem is i use like 80% luck each runs, but the most time i get this trash legendary event crate, instead of 5 token pack what i want... So luck is harming sometimes if you aren't aiming for the highest rarity.
    Dragons are overall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I only use hisha and one luck elixir for watching ad and get 5 tokens majority of the time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Abdu