Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Developers please take a step back and look at the big picture...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Developers please take a step back and look at the big picture...

I've played and supported this game literally from the hour of its release, but im starting to get a little annoyed...

So with the newest update daggers (speed 1.0) are now slower than 1H swords (speed 0.9) and crossbows are WAY too fast.

We know you've been trying to balance out base damage and DPS among other things. By trying to balance things you're beginning to offset some others. Take a deep breath and look at the big picture here, a dagger should be faster than a sword... period. You guys are doing a great job trying to make everyone happy but I know you all are smart enough to figure this stuff out on your own. Put off visiting the board for two weeks and sit down really look over the game for yourself.

The problem is your trying to fix something through the wrong means. The weapons were balanced perfectly from the start. The attribute system was a little quirky but getting better. To further balance out the classes you can't start changing all the weapons because thats not the origin of the problem.

The issue lies in that 3 attributes are not enough to create a natural equilibrium in the game stats. There are 10 stats that are determined by only 3 attributes, there is not enough data spread which means the reliance upon numbers to create a smooth transition between classes is impossible.

its all from simple statistics as well as any theorem or test in any scientific field...

You must have a minimum required set (attribute points) for the amount of data(character stats) to ensure the validity of the results (balance of the classes)

I created a very detailed post a while ago about additional stats, theres really no way around it.
    Last edited by Dakkine; 04-19-2010 at 02:00 PM.