Thread: Luckiest moment ever?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Luckiest moment ever?

Since I just had some massive luck I wondered, what kind of crazy and lucky stuff has happened to other SL players in game? My luckiest moment yet was when I checked the auction terminal and saw classic blue shades for only 50 credits! I couldn't take a screenshot as proof since you never know what could happen in the blink of an eye but I did manage to buy them! So, what was your luckiest moment?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow... You made a profit of about 1 mil!

A hole in the ground under a bridge down by a river...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

You ripped off a newish player? Dunno if I should say, "hurray Capitalism" or "booo taking advantage of a new person! where's your sense of community!"

...lol
    Testament: 41 Engineer
    Pwnie Czar/Founding Member-Sparkling Pwnies

Gravity is a myth... the Earth sucks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

All of the " rich " Merchers ripped people off one point or another . After all as a merch your ultimate goal is profit at what cost doesn't matter . Those who understand this are the people who get rich . Then the question of ethics come into play . At the end of the day profit seems to trump ethics.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kanozaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Meh, its play money. If a person gets what they want for their item what does the value of the trade matter. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and once in a long while you come out waaaaaay ahead.

As long as both walk away from the deal happy, can/should they complain when they have 2nd or third thoughts about it after the fact?

My lucky moments were a xray drop after 2 months of running numa, it was on map three. And i once sold my mechman drop for 300k to someone. About a week later someone approached me on b* wanting to sell his mechman drop for 75k, i was like sure come with me to my stash, and i bought it. Still surprised it wasn't a scam attempt or one of those "nahhh i changed my mind" senarios. I am very cautious with trade deals, i prefer the terminal.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I got 2 xray drops within 9 total runs.
    Pretty lucky..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sad that you ppl think that it's ok and normal to scam a newbie a that way. You ppl have no morals what so ever.

Anyway, my luckiest moment is... Yet to come, haven't had a single pink or vanity (not counting infested deck stuff as real vanity drops) drop since I started playing wich is almost a year ago..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

I got musics box head Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Call it what you like.. but you did scam a lowbie who was very very lucky to get a drop like that out of his item from wich he didn't even know the price..
    You overwhelmed him/her with goodies and probably told him/her that it was a good deal.

Merchants (as you call yourselves) gain a bad name because of the dirty selfcenterd tactics they use.
    It's all about greed greed and then some more greed... Oh and let's not forget.. greed.

like I already said.. no morals what so ever.

Ps: I didn't read your wall of text.. ppl who need to use caps only try to convince themselves.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

To show you the difference between you and me.. with the google jetpack event I got about 9 pieces of each colour.
    You would have sold those with the highest amount of profit, I held on to them for about a month and searched for newbies and gave them the colour they wanted.

Same with the space marine sets.. once they aren't in the ah anymore or if the prices go up.. I'll be giving them to either guildies or newbies.

It's probably a very strange concept for greedy ppl like you but I was raised with a sense of morality.

And it has nothing to do with being stubborn, it has to do with caring for newbies.. trying to make them feel welcome instead of making them ragequit or making them feel scammed.

Ppl like you should feel ashamed for ruining the game for newbies.. but then again.. you probably don't know shame.

For you everything is justified as long as it involves making a profit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    386 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exion View Post
    To show you the difference between you and me.. with the google jetpack event I got about 9 pieces of each colour.
    You would have sold those with the highest amount of profit, I held on to them for about a month and searched for newbies and gave them the colour they wanted.

Same with the space marine sets.. once they aren't in the ah anymore or if the prices go up.. I'll be giving them to either guildies or newbies.

It's probably a very strange concept for greedy ppl like you but I was raised with a sense of morality.

And it has nothing to do with being stubborn, it has to do with caring for newbies.. trying to make them feel welcome instead of making them ragequit or making them feel scammed.

Ppl like you should feel ashamed for ruining the game for newbies.. but then again.. you probably don't know shame.

For you everything is justified as long as it involves making a profit.
    *Sigh* So bashing bashing bashing, raging raging raging... There is a difference between a MERCHANT, and a SCAMMER. Merchants buy low, yes, but they (at least I do) always give them a fair price (i.e., I buy a comedy for 17k, sell 20k, is there a problem? I don't see one.), while a scammer comes up with dirty tricks to get the item they want, without having to spend credits on it. Don't bash the fair businessmen because you can't tell the difference between a fair businessperson, and a scammer.

(OH, and PS, you don't think merchants can be selfless? I can't even count how many gas masks and UC gear I gave to new players during that event. Please learn the facts before WRONGLY accusing people.)

So my luckiest moment was my friend MichaelPR and I were farming Redbeard, and I got a brown jacket. Seeing those blue letters appear, fantastic!
    Last edited by Zaonabiuibil; 08-09-2012 at 08:55 AM.
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes! -Billy Connolly

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zaonabiuibil For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exion View Post

Funny, seems like you are waiting until they are rare and gone to give them away? Why is it you dont give them away now? maybe yer waiting to try and make a profit?

Also, in case you had BOTHERED to read the first post, the guy bought it in the AUCTION HALL.
    How can he be ripping someone off who put it in AH....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Yup nothing like giving something reasonably valuable away to a new player out of the kindness of your heart. I did this with a couple extra sunglasses that were drops, just gave them away to some randoms on b* (not naming names)

Yup nothing like that feeling checking the terminal and seeing those same people names selling those same sunglasses for 30k in less than 6 hours after I gave them away out of kindness, because I fell for the "those are really cool, I am new and never lucky, I will never have them, can you please give me" people.

It's a two way street in any mmorpg.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 08-09-2012 at 05:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

ive been on the receiving end of some aggressive merching, dont think it is immoral, because its a game, and this adds to the gameplay, at times im glad i came to know of these "scams" in game instead of in real life
    its like these guys have a big bag of tricks they got from some other game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I agree with zaon aboit the difference between scamming and merching.

Now there are some serious lowballers out there, knowledge is power. Anyone has the right to say "no, I think I will hang on to it a bit until I figure out what its worth" some people just want quick credits, or that one item, for whatever reason, that they just want more at the moment.

just like there are people that will lowball an item for resale, (and again, the other person can always say no thanks and walk away) there is a large segment of beggars and panhandlers looking for handouts to sell as soon as you give it to them. All part of the game and everyone has a choice to give or walk away.

I have probably given or lost 500k - 1mil worth in gear that I will admit to (proably more) It's also a part of mearching nobody talks about (funny how mearchers talk about success, but never the epic fails lol) I am pretty sure all mearchers have lost more credits than most players will ever build up. Part of doing business.

Most merchers are not the evil people with all the gold they are made out to be, the name of the game is buy low, sell high, make a profit. they assume all the risk, while the original seller gets paid what he wanted and accepted for their item, and the mearcher then has his credits tied up waiting to find a way to turn that item back into credits and make a profit. It don't always work out that way for a merchant. We lose, sometimes we lose big.
    Any merch that bought an xray at 1.6M+ 8months ago thinking it was possible to sell at 1.8- 2M, and now finds that 1.5M is the most that it's going to sell for (and more likely 1.3-1.4M), has to sit on it and pray for a cap increase and the return of the players to maybe not lose and make a profit. They assume the risk.
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 08-09-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

You know, the point of this topic was probably not to turn into an ethics discussion about what's right and what's wrong.. But just because it's an interesting conversation, here's my POV.

Last month, I was out late buying gas on the way home. I was exhausted from having spent the entire day driving, and it was probably like 1 or 2 in the morning. When I got to the gas station it was closed, so I took out my wallet and paid for my gas at the pump. When I was finished, I got back in my car and started driving home - leaving my wallet on the back of my car, and effectively losing it in the gas station parking lot in the middle of the night.

The next day as I was leaving for work, I noticed my purse felt a little light and my heart dropped as I realized what happened. An hour into my shift, I received a phone call from GEICO - a guy had found my wallet and looked me up via my insurance card. I called him back - this guy was extremely friendly and wanted to get my wallet back to me as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, he was not the first person who found it. He picked it up when a woman left it at a table in a McDonald's an hour away from where I lived. She took the money out (around $85) and ditched it in the McDonald's, where he tried to run out and return it to her but she jumped in her car, waving him off and driving away.

Of course I'm upset that she took my money - that was an entire month of teaching flute lessons from one of my students that had just paid me. But who can I really be mad at? Sure, it was a crappy thing for her to do, but I learned two hard lessons about responsibility: when someone gives you a significant amount of cash, TAKE IT TO THE BANK. And always have a good awareness of where your personal belongings are so you don't do something stupid like leaving your wallet on the back of your car and driving off without it. It's my fault some piece of ___ lady in Little Rock, Arkansas has my money. Not hers. Sure it's my bad luck that she's the one who found it first, but had I been more careful it would have stayed in my purse where it belonged.

Lesson to all players, new or not: check your prices before you list items in AH. You get a confirmation screen, for crying out loud. There's no reason to make mistakes like that, and if a low level player was lucky enough to get an expensive vanity and list it for 50 credits, not knowing the price.. Well he'll regret that mistake but seriously, how many people were going to leave that item in the auction terminal and not touch it thinking, "Oh poor guy.. I better not profit from his mistake.." No, the second you spend thinking about whether it would be right or wrong to buy the item is the second someone else is going to see it and buy it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Default Luckiest moment ever?

Well I'll stick to the thread...
    My luckiest moment was when I got 2 coils in just 6 runs with no luck enhanced. I gave 1 away, and sold the other to buy a Nova
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Libertie View Post
    You know, the point of this topic was probably not to turn into an ethics discussion about what's right and what's wrong..
    Woo! Go Libertie!
    Bringing back the wave!
    RIP: Flowman
    MY GUESS: 5,002
    <-- Yes.. it still is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Btw with regards to the actual thread topic, I haven't really gotten extremely lucky in SL yet. I figure my day is coming. But once in this other game, a guy was selling a pet token for really cheap. I figured I'd go ahead and buy it even though I already had a pet, and when I put it in the pet machine I got one of the rarest pets in the game. Pretty sick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Some noob bought my blue shades for 50 credits!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post: