Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feedback to STS | Game is HEAVILY monetized [Pay to play & Pay to Win]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Default Feedback to STS | Game is HEAVILY monetized [Pay to play & Pay to Win]

1. Slots:

This was not an issue back then when slots were available in in-game vendors for tokens. No one complained about it for an extended period, but out of the blue, STS decided to remove it saying "It was never an intended feature of the game"? That's just a load of nonsense, IMO.

STS tried to make amends by hosting a slot event for a limited time, but that was still lacking or no effort at all on their part to resolve the issue. They also added the daily log-in reward system (which is also a straight-up poop idea [Why? Because it takes time to max out slots with this system entirely.]). Phase 1 was already added, but it's nothing to be excited about. My expectation for Phase 2 will likely be the same.

Understandably, if I have a full bag, I can always just liquidate items to make space in my bag. But it is psychologically annoying that new players are baited into buying plats to buy more slots [inventory, craft, house, and furniture] to improve their quality of life in the game.

Furthermore, the only way to start a new character in the game with a fresh account is to buy plats [30 platinum for a new character]. Yet another monetization added to pay to play a new character in this game.

2. Obtaining gears/items via chest with platinum:

In the game's early stages, I had no issue with this. Why? Because back then you really did not have to spend money to clear the game's content. Items or gears that dropped in maps/dungeons were actually valuable. Nowadays, to clear the game's content and have fun, you have to obtain exclusive gears/items that are only obtainable via spending plats on these chests (or what I like to call 'loot boxes'). To be fair, there are items you can obtain in the game that can make you strong (spirit gears), but they require tons of time to level up to the point you go crazy and burnt out.

With each passing time, in these loot boxes, items/gears/eggs that we need to clear the game and have fun are added to this. Which makes it a must to spend money on if you want to progress in the game. The worst part is that the gears obtained in these chests are not specific to your class, which means you can get items for mage if you play as a rogue. So you either sell that gear you obtained from these chests in an auction that you cannot use for yourself and roll again, or make a new character by spending 30 plats and start all over again.

This is another very devious tactic to get your player base to spend more money on the game.

3. Awakening

Ah, life was so simple without this feature in the game. After obtaining the items you need from those loot boxes, you are not automatically strong. Now, you have to gamble again to get the best stats in the game for your gears/items to have an easy time making progress.

If STS added a pity system where we can get the awake we want, the awakening system might not have been an idea, but since we don't have that you have to spend more money until you get the awake you want. Yet another monetization has been added in the game for you to progress.

4. Cosmetics/Vanities

This is not important for your progress in the game, but most meh-looking vanities are locked behind a paywall with ridiculous rates. What do I mean by that?

Let's say you want to buy an average-looking vanity guaranteed (meaning you don't have to waste plats in those loot boxes to get vanities); you would need to get 1750 (max amount) which totals about $100. That is insane. $100 to just make your character look good. Not even Genshin Impact does that for their vanities. Furthermore, most of the "good-looking" vanities are LIMITED and timed, so not only do you have to spend money, but you have to click faster than everyone else if you want to get it.

There are free, good-looking vanities in lower-tier LBs, but it's nothing special. If you want the gorgeous ones, you must get ready to compete against end-game players with no life or who have other players babysit their account to play 24/7 (yes, they exist) and beat everyone in the top tier LB.

5. Plat to Gold conversion

Imma keep it simple. It sucks. You get more gold by buying elite awakes and selling them for gold rather than converting plat to gold. Yet another monetization added into the game to get the funds to afford anything to progress.

This is why 70-80% of the player base are gold sellers and buyers because the game's conversion rate is horrendous. Bloody fix the conversion rates for your plat to gold.

----

I have a lot more to say, but you get the idea. Now, I've been supporting this game for a long time. It's on and off, but I've spent a ridiculous amount of time and money (at least $10k+ invested) on this game. I logged back into the game to see what was happening, but I wasn't pleased and frustrated, and my excitement and passion for the game are slowly dying. I remain hopeful that something will change.

I understand this thread will be deleted and highly frowned upon by STS (most negative feedback usually does). I might even get banned from forums or in-game. Which is fine; that will make it easy for me to move on if they do and will see what really the intention of the owners of the game.

With that being said, the game is fun only for the veterans. New players will have a terrible time. That will be all. Thank you.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Trolzerkeinstein For This Useful Post: