Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Feeling elite?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    413 Posts

Airboom your wrong on this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Sry but these days the term 'leet' and the term 'rich' are synonymous

Sadly elixirs have become a permanent part of the game, they're here to stay, just get used to it
    Yes the elixir users are the one that gives everyone else free gameplay

Sadly even tho this is the term leet
    Elite lost about 90% of its meaning
    Sorry, even as one who knocked out 145k xp in fathom and balefort castle, I gotta admit 7 hours of 1 hit killing guys is not the old meaning that came with the first elite cap :/

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

If you are looking for a game that offers you the total satisfaction of being elite and deserving it you can play chess. Ofc it will take a lot of effort to get there (if you ever make it that is ).

This is a video game. Therefore designed so that anyone can feel special (or elite if this is how you want to call it)... for a fair price.

Alternatively you can just have some fun levelling without any pressure - and make some friends in the process.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Brave Sir Robin For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Ruby,

I want to thank you for your reflection and honesty. Many want to talk themselves into this "elite" feeling and don't want to be honest with the actual path taken. I will be honest, I have a mage at just over 75 and my bear is at 73. I did half mega maze/BS on mage and bear is mostly BS. I got that "emptiness" feeling when rushing my mage and stopped. I capped 5 toons in Sewers (or was it 4.. I'm old ) and only the last one did I use elixirs. I rushed Nuri's and Fang and got burned out. Leveled too fast and got bored.

When I came back to PL, a week before Humania, I swore I would take my time and enjoy the game again. And I did. I was able to farm multiple sets for all my toons and craft without spending hardly any gold. I took breaks while leveling to farm dragon sets and capped both of my mains without feeling rushed.

Saturday, my mage got a 3x blessing, so I purchased the week-long and a loco and ran to whatever full game I could find (xp bonus.) Didn't take long for the old Nuri/Fang feeling to come back again. So I stopped, turned on some football, and refocused.

I am not against people spending plat. Everyone is entitled to spend their money as they wish without being judged. However, I would be more inclined to call those who capped multiple toons in Sewer's "elite" than the current 4x chugging, 3x blessing, Mega Castle generation we have now.

JMHO
    Just saying the last time I saw an egg cost so much it was a faberge.
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Astrocat View Post
    Airboom your wrong on this one.
    Umm ok?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

I think the word that many of you are looking for is "cheap". It's a cheap achievement, It's a cheap way to level up, It's a cheap way to get ahead of others, It's a cheap way to attain elite status, etc. It's cheap period...let's cut the chase and stop beating around the bush, shall we?

I think it is cheap...but...there's a saying, a lie told often enough becomes the truth...in this case, cheapness replaces lie Just have to accept that "truth" as far as this game is concerned...if you cannot swallow that...that's a big problem. I assure you though, that this is not the only game...you do not have to force yourself to swallow this if you feel it's against your gaming mantra (or whatever you call it LOL).

It's obvious that casual players (who's willing to spend) dominate the game which explains a lot of things in this game...the rushing concept, the inclination to easy difficulty, etc. So if you're someone who looks for challenge and what some people coin as "true" MMORPG, then this is not the game for you...you should be looking at the top titles out there in the PC market...this game is obviously catering casuals...the ones that play just to enjoy...so expect the game to be attuned to that kind of culture...the hardcore purists are a minority here, the ones that likes to push themselves to the limit, "the old school" mmorpgers as what many writers coin them. Casuals will never understand how purists think and vice versa, oil and water. For casuals, they think purists are selfish and no-lifers etc., and purists think casuals are noobs or cheap that just became gamers yesterday, etc...this is classic scenario, it just so happened that people ranting now are purists who are in a casual or loose game environment...but I've seen forums where casuals are in a hardcore setting and they complain about difficulty and cry for nerfs every 30minutes...so it's a matter of being at the right game, being able to adapt, and fitting in. Nobody is to blame except you if you decide to stay here and rage/cry/rant, while you know you have other options Remember, it's still just a game, you tell the game how you want to play, not the other way around...
    Last edited by vampinoy; 10-22-2012 at 10:57 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to vampinoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Sry but these days the term 'leet' and the term 'rich' are synonymous

Sadly elixirs have become a permanent part of the game, they're here to stay, just get used to it
    Yes the elixir users are the one that gives everyone else free gameplay

Sadly even tho this is the term leet
    Elite lost about 90% of its meaning
    Sorry, even as one who knocked out 145k xp in fathom and balefort castle, I gotta admit 7 hours of 1 hit killing guys is not the old meaning that came with the first elite cap :/
    I agree.

I still can't understand why this is a big issue. If they changed it to the 'hardcore cap' would that make a difference? Or would it change to... You can only be hardcore if you're a plat user unfair! unfair!

We can all agree that the game has started to cater to the ones spending money on it, and that is completely fair, I feel those who support the game financially should reap some benefits. However, STS should be more aware of the always imminent backlash taking place, and make sure all players get a fair crack at new features.

One main point here is that for the first time ever there was a known incentive to race to the cap. On top of this the new campaign features some of the most spread out and time consuming maps for grinding xp. Naturally many players sought the easy route and used enable xp elixers. I know for a fact I wouldn't have had the time to grind through the actual campaign to 100k, and I'd be willing to bet STS figured most plat users (people with jobs) couldn't dedicate the amount of time necessary to finish that either. It's smart, and I'm sure has made them quite a bit of money over the weekend.

Long story short. No it is not considered elite, and those of us who used enable xp will agree to that. Enable xp was the shortest, and possibly the most economic, route to the cap and many players took advantage of this.

We should be worrying about bigger things like the NHL lockout, and the fact that Obama might be the president for another 4 years, not pocket legends terminology. Know what I'm sayin'

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drizzid For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

It seems to be an oldies-with-too-many-toons problem as Taara, Pak and Crim seem to have had similar feelings about this cap.

@Crim: when I had just turned 76 I saw your bear at 73 in balefort and thought "Damn he did it right", didn't know about your mage then lol

@elixirs are evil/elixirs are good folks: I got plenty of cap vanities. Some of them with elixirs some without. I have multiple toons I leveled to endgame without a single elixir, not even daily or blessing. I have toons that I've never played without thrasher. There is no right or wrong in this you just have to chose. So please stop clogging this thread with your phone-game-fundamentalism

Gonna take a break and check in once in a while to see if it's gonna be fun again

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzid View Post
    I agree.

I still can't understand why this is a big issue. If they changed it to the 'hardcore cap' would that make a difference? Or would it change to... You can only be hardcore if you're a plat user unfair! unfair!

We can all agree that the game has started to cater to the ones spending money on it, and that is completely fair, I feel those who support the game financially should reap some benefits. However, STS should be more aware of the always imminent backlash taking place, and make sure all players get a fair crack at new features.

One main point here is that for the first time ever there was a known incentive to race to the cap. On top of this the new campaign features some of the most spread out and time consuming maps for grinding xp. Naturally many players sought the easy route and used enable xp elixers. I know for a fact I wouldn't have had the time to grind through the actual campaign to 100k, and I'd be willing to bet STS figured most plat users (people with jobs) couldn't dedicate the amount of time necessary to finish that either. It's smart, and I'm sure has made them quite a bit of money over the weekend.

Long story short. No it is not considered elite, and those of us who used enable xp will agree to that. Enable xp was the shortest, and possibly the most economic, route to the cap and many players took advantage of this.

We should be worrying about bigger things like the NHL lockout, and the fact that Obama might be the president for another 4 years, not pocket legends terminology. Know what I'm sayin'
    Actually, I don't know what you're saying. I'm pretty aure the NHL lockout is far from being an issue to worry about.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airboom View Post
    lol someone who capped in a lvl20 dungeon said that...
    Lol...I didn't say I didn't agree with you. Merely suggesting that this is an old topic of conversation going around 50 different threads atm and wasn't it time we left it behind and moved on. My bad for not being clear enough!

No longer of Eclipse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

So true ;-P
    <Polish Legends Facebook>
    PL: Gibol, Gibolek, Gibolmag, Gibolol, Gibololo, GibolRanger
    AL: Gibol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Yeah! You have a point! It's kinda the reason I wound up here in the first place!

Gonna stick to those rl elixirs for a bit

No longer of Eclipse

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Taaralatie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    Actually, I don't know what you're saying. I'm pretty aure the NHL lockout is far from being an issue to worry about.
    Well then you need to get your priorities straightened out.

I'm glad out of that entire post you nit picked the sarcasm... Great contribution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    If you are looking for a game that offers you the total satisfaction of being elite and deserving it you can play chess.
    Quote Originally Posted by vampinoy View Post
    ...you should be looking at the top titles out there in the PC market...
    You guys actually agree There are other games... vampinoy means other video games, brave sir means chess! I would recommend the game of life!! Oh and since ely posted such a wonderful pic I will post another one... my magic castle.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jacobs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    Oh and since ely posted such a wonderful pic I will post another one... my magic castle.

That Ely guy? He get's around huh? Here's my pic

Name:  hsc2058l.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  37.6 KB

No longer of Eclipse

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Taaralatie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Lol!

No longer of Eclipse

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Taaralatie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

It normal the best in that who to pay real money. I am disturbed absolutely by another. Many of these players are inadequate, and aren't cultural. I often hear in the address you Noob, or other insult. Getting to party transh, it is difficult to them to write full as they "Elita" doing boot "Noob" When I did quest on elite staff, to me set off from one run of 30-40 % of kill.Меня 78k kill having one elite vanity, and didn't consider myself never as the elite player. Though I can kill such bosses as Emma, Baron, Duke and others in solo without using платинум. And now it is enough to spend 500 plat and to feel the elite player, crying out "You Noob"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Taaralatie View Post
    That Ely guy? He get's around huh? Here's my pic

Name:  hsc2058l.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  37.6 KB
    does that one guys name tag say STD? O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received